• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
My hot take is that people exaggerate on Lesnar killing Kofimania and don't want to accept that the hype of the movement had pretty much died down by that point

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
My hot take is that people exaggerate on Lesnar killing Kofimania and don't want to accept that the hype of the movement had pretty much died down by that point
I kinda feel like the same thing is already starting to happen with Bayley. There is like zero hype for her match with Naomi tonight. Probably because it's the most 2020 match possible. On top of Naomi being incredibly disappointing since her return. And Bayley's face turn being "gosh I couldn't do this without the fans!!!" levels of shallow so far.

Damage CTRL is gonna show up tonight probably either to cause the match to be tossed out, or post match. And then probably get ran off by Jade and Bianca, unfortunately.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

He was having a great run with great programs. The problem wasn't losing to Lesnar, It was getting squashed in 10 seconds just so WWE could try to cash in in a 10 year old UFC feud that no one cared at that time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
speaking of squashes, when the time comes, I wouldn't mind seeing Cody get destroyed by Gunther like he got destroyed by Brodie Lee (RIP) in AEW.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
The issue isn't that Kofi lost. He was due to lose at that point. The issue is that he got completely squashed.
Agreed, Big E was supposed to lose that match before Lesnar was even put in, I can scoff at the whole "get it off him before Mania" aspect, but at least it was a proper loss. The second Kofi vs Lesnar was announced you knew he was losing, but it was how it happened that people found insulting. Hell, you can tell a story with a squash, but he didn't even get that much.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
AJ Styles new theme is just nothing

Not even bad, I would have the same impact if it was to silence.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
The thing about that AJ Styles theme is one of the Twitter def rebel parodies would be better, it's such a lazy theme.

Cody vs Styles at Backlash should be good indeed.

AJ vs LA Knight is opening? I assumed it was the main event.
Bayley vs Naomi is the main event tonight, Corey said at the top of the show.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
speaking of squashes, when the time comes, I wouldn't mind seeing Cody get destroyed by Gunther like he got destroyed by Brodie Lee (RIP) in AEW.
37ed9925-8d98-4e65-89c2-fbbab8659bca_text.gif

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
World and WWE Tag Team Champs and the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship. The new era is just a recolored Ruthless Aggression era

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda shocked the LA/AJ match was the kickoff. Those new belts are sick and shit over the red ones.

Are they working up to the reveal of the new main belt at Backlash when Cody has a match for it?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
who is involved in this Bloodline angle then, if Jey is on Raw and Roman is AWOL? just Jimmy again?