• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
So Becky vs Liv at Backlash? Ehhhhh, I guess. The state of the Raw women's division really is pretty fucking dire and I don't even necessarily mean in terms of talent involved. They've done fuck all to elevate anyone and it's biting them in the ass now (not that they really care).

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So Becky vs Liv at Backlash? Ehhhhh, I guess. The state of the Raw women's division really is pretty fucking dire and I don't even necessarily mean in terms of talent involved. They've done fuck all to elevate anyone and it's biting them in the ass now (not that they really care).
I imagine the draft will probably move some names over from Smackdown to RAW to help fix the problem the RAW division has. Like moving Damage CTRL over to RAW would help significantly. The problem is I think Damage CTRL is going to remain on Smackdown, especially with Dakota pretty much putting it out there that Iyo isn't done with Bayley.

And RAW can send over Indi/Candice and Chelsea/Piper to get some more heels on Smackdown, so it's not just Damage CTRL being chumped out every week by Jade, Bianca, Naomi, and probably now Bayley.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Liv having the title at some point is to be expected. However, the problem is that Rhea is likely out until around Summerslam at the earliest. Liv cannot carry a division at all. It's why I think Liv gets the title closer to Summerslam (or whenever Rhea returns) and immediately drops it back to Rhea. Because Liv isn't someone who can carry a division in any aspect.
That makes sense. Have her win it. Then Rhea comes out, squashes her, and goes, "Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program." That'd be funny. Do what Brock did to Kofi, except this time it'd make sense and be well deserved.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the draft will probably move some names over from Smackdown to RAW to help fix the problem the RAW division has. Like moving Damage CTRL over to RAW would help significantly. The problem is I think Damage CTRL is going to remain on Smackdown, especially with Dakota pretty much putting it out there that Iyo isn't done with Bayley.

And RAW can send over Indi/Candice and Chelsea/Piper to get some more heels on Smackdown, so it's not just Damage CTRL being chumped out every week by Jade, Bianca, Naomi, and probably now Bayley.
Maybe they'll use the draft to split Iyo from Damage CTRL though I'm also not sure what she's supposed to do on Smackdown alone after she loses her rematch to Bayley. They just don't do enough with the women that aren't currently competing for a major title so there is literally no way to build someone up to a credible threat unless they already are one and whenever they then have to take the challenger spot due to lack of other options there is absolutely zero tension to the match. So yeah, they desperately need a midcard title and they need to give it the time that something like the IC belt gets otherwise there's no point.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

View: https://x.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1782598454180552804

oh Clash at the Castle is a Smackdown / PPV deal like the Saudi (ugh) show. Wait, does that mean Backlash is also Smackdown and PPV? I ask because these international crowds are usually pretty hot so that's cool.

View: https://youtu.be/G4K7EcyUev4?si=9ge4YtvrmLVuEhcZ

youtu.be

Raw and SmackDown LIVE Superstars unite to bring you "The Best of Both Worlds" on WWE Network

Team Red and Team Blue combine forces to bring you the best of both brands on every pay-per-view, every month, only on WWE Network.Get your first month of WW...

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatching the first hour or so of Raw I missed. Really like the Priest and Uso bit. YEET!

Did Miz or Awesome Truth get anything before the match cut on hulu or anything? Miz is an Ohio guy isn't he?

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
I just don't know what it takes to carry a division or title. Still too new. I've seen Cody like twice lol I just thought it had the most potential for whats actually going on.
my advice is dont listen to anyboy's opinion and see for yourself, anybody can just from being now being able to carry a division to being able to do so off of one moment, you never quite know who will be the next big thing

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I have no opinion as to if Becky is nice, puts people over, or anything similar. I don't care about her personally. I think she's boring. It's that simple.

People should really stop trying to rationalize Wrestling fans, and I include me in "people" here, as I do it too. They like who they like, and they dislike who they don't. That's the way it is. I wasn't cheering for Liv or anything to win, but I think it would have been much better than another boring Becky run.

Is Drew ultimately right about CM Punk? Probably, yes. Do I still love CM Punk? Yeah. That's just how it is.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I have no opinion as to if Becky is nice, puts people over, or anything similar. I don't care about her personally. I think she's boring. It's that simple.

People should really stop trying to rationalize Wrestling fans, and I include me in "people" here, as I do it too. They like who they like, and they dislike who they don't. That's the way it is. I wasn't cheering for Liv or anything to win, but I think it would have been much better than another boring Becky run.

Is Drew ultimately right about CM Punk? Probably, yes. Do I still love CM Punk? Yeah. That's just how it is.
Here's the thing though. Liv already had one title run. And it started falling apart on week fucking 1 because she couldn't cut a promo and her in ring stuff is incredibly weak. And the "heat" from her "injuring" Rhea was already gone this week. No one cared about her again.

You cannot honestly say that she can carry a division for 4+ months. It's just not sustainable, and it wouldn't make her a star, it would devalue the title. And if Damage CTRL gets moved over to RAW, or even one of their members, they would immediately overshadow Liv in pretty much every way. Because Asuka and Kairi have physical charisma in spades, Dakota while shaky on the mic, is still a better promo and better in ring than her (charisma wise though they are about the same), and Iyo is just objectively better than Liv in every regard as well.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022

Self awareness goes a long way these conversations. Gaming is opposite and everyone is trying to be "objectively correct" when their bias is showing clear as day.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017

I am happy to be able to dislike Punk so easily when it seems like everyone loves him. Can't wait to see him get healthy and be more active cause I do see why he could be great with feuding. His feud with MJF seemed amazing but man I just can't like him. Straight edge 🤮

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Chelsea Green with the Money in the Bank would be the funniest thing. Just let her hold it for at least 3 months.

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
Becky Hogan is such an awful nickname. No one should have to be compared or be associated with that man.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
They promoted him to main roster and then....never really felt he got a true shot there. I dunno.

We also don't know what goes on back stage.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I find Becky boring too. When I stopped watching she wasn't around, so I'll admit that I missed her come up. And I don't see anything amazing she does in the ring.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
There really should be a women's IC belt. There's enough talent in the West these days to go full-on All Japan Women's (also, put Manami Toyota in the Hall of Fame right now).

Becky Hogan is such an awful nickname. No one should have to be compared or be associated with that man.

Hey, he needs to replace Brooke-tini somehow.

Last edited:

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

The problem is less personal opinions about Becky but more on the line of she used backstage politics to get this title run, something like Hogan would do in the past. Again, this is more in line with AEW putting the title on Mox because Punk didn't know How to jump over the barricade.

And no, I don't think this will be a long term run for her, Just a "oh fuck we don't know what to do so let's put the belt on our biggest star available", which also shows Hunter's horrible booking in make new women stars in the main roster, something Shawn is doing with NXT and that Becky said in past Interviews.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
It's a bland choice to have Becky win the title but I just can't hate Becks. Her booking is exactly what a top star's booking should be. A believable threat, over with the fans and puts over the new stars at the biggest events. And we know this was not the plan so can't really fault them for taking the safe route. I'll be annoyed if they do nothing with Liv though. They need make "Liv with a chair" a thing. She will never be physically imposing but leaning into weapons might make her a decent threat. It's an interesting time for the Raw women's division, rejuvenating it should be the primary goal of the draft.

I do not like Imperium falling apart. Ludwig is good enough but Gio can't function as a singles guy. I hope they have something for him, even if it means going back to NXT. KING GUNTHER though, I'm all in on. It has to be him v Drew for KotR finals with Punk screwing him over again.

Judgment Day is also on it's last legs. It's necessary to make Priest a singles guy so I'm glad they're doing it. Him v Balor for the title will be great.

Gable hasn't gone full machine yet but he is getting there. Berating the academy into submission is a very 'alpha' move (hehehe). But we all know they're gonna get crushed by the Creeds. Only question is if Ivy will dump Maxxine on the way.

Sami needs to get 24/7 security around him, he gets attacked everywhere. Reed is a good stop gap before running Gable-Sami again. I hope Ciampa isn't actually injured. Also, I hate DIY's song. No one will survive and Rebel heart died for this?

All in all, decent show, but very "placeholder till draft" vibes.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
I do not like Imperium falling apart. Ludwig is good enough but Gio can't function as a singles guy. I hope they have something for him, even if it means going back to NXT. KING GUNTHER though, I'm all in on. It has to be him v Drew for KotR finals with Punk screwing him over again.

Bro...

View: https://youtu.be/iW-rEJZ0pj4?si=NPA13HAiTzbrNG71

youtu.be

Giovanni Vinci Entrance: WWE NXT, July 12, 2022

Fabian Aichner as Giovanni Vinci entrance at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, FL.World Wrestling Entertainment NXT 7/12/2022 on BT Sport 1My social m...

BRO...

He became a charisma vacuum when was called to be, again, henchman n#2 for GUNTHER. In NXT he as built as a future star.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is less personal opinions about Becky but more on the line of she used backstage politics to get this title run, something like Hogan would do in the past. Again, this is more in line with AEW putting the title on Mox because Punk didn't know How to jump over the barricade.

And no, I don't think this will be a long term run for her, Just a "oh fuck we don't know what to do so let's put the belt on our biggest star available", which also shows Hunter's horrible booking in make new women stars in the main roster, something Shawn is doing with NXT and that Becky said in past Interviews.

"Becky Hogan" isn't objectively true.

I just think that it's really funny. The meme videos had me cracking up. Even I was ready to find a picture and caption it with "That doesn't work for me, Sister", and I don't even tweet.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Bro...

youtu.be

Fabian Aichner as Giovanni Vinci entrance at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, FL.World Wrestling Entertainment NXT 7/12/2022 on BT Sport 1My social m...

BRO...

He became a charisma vacuum when was called to be, again, henchman n#2 for GUNTHER. In NXT he as built as a future star.

😲 I'm stunned. When they started the Veni Vidi thing I immediately thought the last one should be Vinci and that's what it was! That's a perfect catchphrase. And Wade posing with him too, fantastic. Fucking hell, we got none of it on the main roster. Trade him off Raw, there is potential there. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Also, saw that Grimes was released. That's sad. I have complicated feelings on such releases where creative simply has no space for them. Is it better to move on from WWE and go elsewhere to build yourself up as bigger star? Ex-WWE certainly opens some doors. Or is the steady paycheck the most important thing? I think only the wrestler involved will know their personal circumstances. Grimes is certainly heartbroken and that video hurts to watch. But I also know that Grimes is talented enough to have a better future than being jobbed out to Bron. Best of luck Grimey, to the Mooooon.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://x.com/WWESheamus/status/1782810086961729798
tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Bro...

youtu.be

BRO...

Jesus they did a number on him.

Any EU bros floating around that will take his place or is Imperium done too I wonder.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
Jesus they did a number on him.

The weird things is that, not only he have that look of a superstar and the in Ring hability, he can talk!

View: https://youtu.be/o7074RMuwhE?si=0e5BhlUHBSBPmope

youtu.be

Giovanni Vinci challenges Carmelo Hayes: WWE NXT, Aug. 9, 2022

After having his North American Title opportunity swiped by Nathan Frazer, Giovanni Vinci steps to Carmelo Hayes with a challenge for NXT Heatwave. Catch WWE...

I really never understood why they made him an Evil silent henchman on the main roster.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Giovanni is very good in ring. He just hasn't had the opportunity to show it on the main roster. Really feel like they squandered them as a tag team, but hopefully both of them can flourish on their own.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
when you're constantly blocking a deluge of idiot wrestling fanboy accounts on twitter spouting nonsense and straight up lies about both companies that you think "these idiots can't be actual people right?" and you run into a Era user...

giphy.gif

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017