• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Oh my god Ava is SO bad at just communicating in a confident and direct manner. Am I alone in thinking she is terrible at literally just talking?! The women for this signing JUST step on stage, the crowd is still loud as hell and she immediately goes "please sign here" where it's not even heard, she's barely even turned Ava's way. Doesn't even give it a second to breath.

I oddly disliked her the instant she appeared last week, but now realizing she's the rock's daughter I somehow dislike her more and just can't help but see how bad she seems.

You're not alone. It's just ... over time in wrestling I got used to nepotism hires and people being put in situations where they absolutely don't belong. In this case it's especially jarring because of the amazing job the other 2 GMs are doing, too!

Overall I don't think she's thaaaat bad and she could get better, it's just ... yeah.

At least she's not Erik Watts winning titles or something like that haha

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
You're not alone. It's just ... over time in wrestling I got used to nepotism hires and people being put in situations where they absolutely don't belong. In this case it's especially jarring because of the amazing job the other 2 GMs are doing, too!

Overall I don't think she's thaaaat bad and she could get better, it's just ... yeah.

At least she's not Erik Watts winning titles or something like that haha

I think it's only coming off so bad to me because of how jarring it seems. It literally seems like they stuck a fan behind scenes and said here pretend to be in charge.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People turning on Becky shows that you either die a hero or live long enough to become Hulk Hogan

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
People turning on Becky shows that you either die a hero or live long enough to become Hulk Hogan
People just tend to get tired of you when you approach double digit title reigns or actually cross that threshold.

People love Cena again because he went away long enough to be missed and he doesn't stick around long enough to make people tired, but those 2010-2014 criticisms still apply.

Becky isn't there yet for me personally, but at the same time, I get it.

Looking for that clip of Kevin Owens talking to Cena and he's like "Why are you here? We don't need you."

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023

Tbh, I just don't like her current character.

It's not really 'The Man' anymore and it's not 'The Big Time Becks' either.

It's like she feels just being her is now enough because of how over she once got.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Tbh, I just don't like her current character.

It's not really 'The Man' anymore and it's not 'The Big Time Becks' either.

It's like she feels just being her is now enough because of how over she once got.
I see her as the reliable veteran they can fall back on. Sort of like New Day for tag teams. A fresher person beating her is the way to put them over.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

mommy-sorry-mommy-sorry-meme.gif

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
At this point I'm wondering if this is a meme or if people actually think Becky is acting even remotely like Hogan did.
Most people weren't around for Hogan's later years, and have only heard other people talking about, and if you squint(alot), it may seem like Becky is doing what Hogan did, if you don't know anything about hogan

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Most people weren't around for Hogan's later years, and have only heard other people talking about, and if you squint(alot), it may seem like Becky is doing what Hogan did, if you don't know anything about hogan
That's why belts don't really matter to me. Seems like it's usually about whoever creative likes/the favorites. It's always interesting when they give the belt to someone random like Jinder.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's jokes about Dom and something about his father or Ray Mysterio not being father or whatever. Just watching some youtube videos of older stuff and seeing this dude show up a few times... I put all my money on this dude being Dom's father. Haven't seen this guy show up much, but swear every time I get a glimpse of him I just see Dom.

CZCcuZm.png

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's jokes about Dom and something about his father or Ray Mysterio not being father or whatever. Just watching some youtube videos of older stuff and seeing this dude show up a few times... I put all my money on this dude being Dom's father. Haven't seen this guy show up much, but swear every time I get a glimpse of him I just see Dom.

CZCcuZm.png

Eddie is dead 😭. It'll be hard for him to show up.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

CZCcuZm.png

I love how the majority of Dom's gears are a nod to Eddie's previous gears lol

artworks-000338137833-2usfwj-t500x500.jpg

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait untill you hear about the custody battle.

After I posted that I went and watched more on Dom.

You're telling me Eddie is NOT his father, but was his real father in storyline?! But Ray won custody? But Eddie was his actual god father in real life.

I was literally just thinking the dude looked like him. Now I guess it's more of an homage or playing in to it. Damn. Wrestling is weird and I love it.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
After I posted that I went and watched more on Dom.

You're telling me Eddie is NOT his father, but was his real father in storyline?! But Ray won custody? But Eddie was his actual god father in real life.

I was literally just thinking the dude looked like him. Now I guess it's more of an homage or playing in to it. Damn. Wrestling is weird and I love it.

And of course the deadbeat dad wants nothing with him 😭

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZtmZY_MRgBs?si=KwL8dLZLOLsHh32d

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
The way I see it happening is Liv continues her heel spiral because she keeps coming in 2nd. She ends up getting with Dom and when JD split which seems right around the corner, Liv and Dom turn into a thing and he helps her cheat her way into the title. Then she scumbags it up until Rhea comes back and annihilates her and Dom. It really writes itself. Her turning Dom is part of her revenge tour. Rhea is gonna be such a face for giving her the receipts.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
The way I see it happening is Liv continues her heel spiral because she keeps coming in 2nd. She ends up getting with Dom and when JD split which seems right around the corner, Liv and Dom turn into a thing and he helps her cheat her way into the title. Then she scumbags it up until Rhea comes back and annihilates her and Dom. It really writes itself. Her turning Dom is part of her revenge tour. Rhea is gonna be such a face for giving her the receipts.

I know it's a joke but 'Rhea x Liv for the custody of Dom' would be a fun as hell program for them to make lol

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually oddly excited for this. As the brands haven't really had any distinguishing aspect for me to this point. Seeing how this is done and seeing where people go will give me more of a branding to people than I had starting at WM.

Women's Tag Team Championships goes between all three brands, I imagine they'll draft Damage Ctrl as a group.

Oh didn't realize. Damn, they do need more women's titles.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
the absolutely nuclear heat Dom is gonna get when rhea comes back and he cuts a promo telling her he's with Liv because he doesn't date losers is gonna be insane

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
This simple rule change is perfect example of how stupidly Vince booked WWE. Champions being protected isn't some genius change, it's a simple move that anyone who actually used their brain would do.

Can also kind of use the champions as brand ambassadors or team members to latch on to. More distinguishes the brands, or at least in theory. Like why have a draft if the fans have no real inherent reason to pick a brand? Seems like wasted potential to not leverage it more somehow, but have a draft for some reason.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone serious about comparing Becky Lynch to Hogan are out of their minds! Becky puts rookies over, Hogan would never do that. Even when he was supposed to lose he did everything he could to make the person going over look bad (see Starrcade 1997 and Survivor Series 1991).

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone serious about comparing Becky Lynch to Hogan are out of their minds! Becky puts rookies over, Hogan would never do that. Even when he was supposed to lose he did everything he could to make the person going over look bad (see Starrcade 1997 and Survivor Series 1991).
Charlotte is much closer to Hogan except she can actually wrestle. In general, the women are much more likely to put over other women and less worried about protecting their spot.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Becky literally just got done with her stint in nxt where she made Tiffany look like a star and put lyra over clean, unlike Charlotte who did literally the exact opposite

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why people are upset about the Becky win at all? It's likely only interim anyways? There's a draft that will shake up the womens roster in general which could go places and there's no way Rhea isn't getting that Belt soon after she comes back anyways?

I've just ignored it because I'm out of the loop. But seemed kind of a pointless worry/complaint.