• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
tweet_chart_2024-04-24.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to me that Spring Breakin' is framed as a 2 parter but they already defended the main titles on show 1, what's the big hook for part 2?

Anyway the women's triple threat was neat, did not like how they chose to end Trick/Iija, man did not exactly earn the multiple H Bomb kickouts, seeing that there was no real feud and the match was like 10 minutes but oh well.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
Really curious how well NXT does on CW

As someone who as a TNA mark in the early 2010, I hope this isn't the "Destination America" for NXT.

It's weird to me that Spring Breakin' is framed as a 2 parter but they already defended the main titles on show 1, what's the big hook for part 2?

Anyway the women's triple threat was neat, did not like how they chose to end Trick/Iija, man did not exactly earn the multiple H Bomb kickouts, seeing that there was no real feud and the match was like 10 minutes but oh well.

The tag team and North America belts Will be defended and it'll also have the gimmick NXT underground match. From the result of that 6 Man tag from night 1, I can see the heritage Cup to be added to the card.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

It's a shame for 2 weeks in a row the Trick Williams matches felt like they needed 5 more minutes for different reasons, but the story of Ilja and Trick didn't need a feud - it was a professional rivalry/respect story from pretty much the beginning. They faced off 4 times over the past year, with Trick originally wanting to prove himself on the roster instead of being the side man for Carmello Hayes by stepping up to Ilja, with Ilja respecting Trick's hustle when most folks would play to other tactics against him. Then over the year as they had the rematches and Ilja won the NXT Championship you saw Trick get progressively better against Ilja but still lack something until this week when Trick had to turn to using Ilja's moves against him. If it wasn't a TV match and got the time, they probably could have shown that a bit better, but it's what it was.

As much as it sucks, it's probably the best timing for him to get an injury with Roman being off TV for some time... the return pop will be strong, especially if they go down the route many of us assume they will.

Really curious how well NXT does on CW
WWE will probably front load it for a month or so with main roster folks to get eyes on it before settling down, but as long as CW don't try and butcher the marketing/promo, I assume they'll get similar to what NXT is getting just now once things settle.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
"Def Rebel, who've produced WWE's music since 2019, did a remix of Randy Orton's theme for his return last November. Orton turned it down within minutes of hearing it, per Brennan on Fightful's YouTube"

bro 💀💀💀

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
"Def Rebel, who've produced WWE's music since 2019, did a remix of Randy Orton's theme for his return last November. Orton turned it down within minutes of hearing it, per Brennan on Fightful's YouTube"

bro 💀💀💀
It's even more hilarious when you know Orton is bored as fuck of his current theme but chose to keep it over a def rebel "effort".

Should've brought back this banger...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkbuDW4taxI

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The tag team and North America belts Will be defended and it'll also have the gimmick NXT underground match. From the result of that 6 Man tag from night 1, I can see the heritage Cup to be added to the card.
I guess I'm surprised they frontloaded the main titles on part 1.

It's a shame for 2 weeks in a row the Trick Williams matches felt like they needed 5 more minutes for different reasons, but the story of Ilja and Trick didn't need a feud - it was a professional rivalry/respect story from pretty much the beginning. They faced off 4 times over the past year, with Trick originally wanting to prove himself on the roster instead of being the side man for Carmello Hayes by stepping up to Ilja, with Ilja respecting Trick's hustle when most folks would play to other tactics against him. Then over the year as they had the rematches and Ilja won the NXT Championship you saw Trick get progressively better against Ilja but still lack something until this week when Trick had to turn to using Ilja's moves against him. If it wasn't a TV match and got the time, they probably could have shown that a bit better, but it's what it was.
Ohhh, there was more story here than I realised, that's what I get for mostly just reading reports for the last couple of years, some things don't sink in that way.
But yeah, Trick's final push has needed extra match time

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
It's even more hilarious when you know Orton is bored as fuck of his current theme but chose to keep it over a def rebel "effort".

Should've brought back this banger...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkbuDW4taxI

Or its superior version

View: https://youtu.be/s1ws6FFBaUk?si=o4nqPoX277XRj40k

youtu.be

New Day Singing Randy Orton Old Theme - Burn In My Light - NXT 1/24/23

NXT 1/24/23New Day Singing Randy Orton Old Theme - Burn In My Light - NXT 1/24/23Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods backstage singing Randy Orton old theme song#NX...

I guess I'm surprised they frontloaded the main titles on part 1.

They kind of needed, the draft could fuck whatever match they had planned for Night 2 .

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023

Decent effort Sheamus. But calling someone a girl isn't a great insult. 6/10, needs more work to get on Drew's level.

Like the new draft rules. Protecting the champions means we might get some interesting picks from the first few picks as usually it's just champions who get drafted first. Though Friday's available pool looks quite shallow to me so I don't expect anything truly surprising.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1783431270879432859

Hulk Hogan has taken credit for discovering The Undertaker.

"It's kind of funny how The Undertaker came about. I was doing a movie called Suburban Commando and we needed a couple of really big aliens, we had one actor and we couldn't find another guy big enough. So I remembered Mean Mark Calaway from the NWA he was working in Atlanta Georgia for [Jim] Barnett at the time, so I had somebody hunt him down and we brought him to Hollywood and The Undertaker Mark Calaway was one of the bounty hunters in the movie Suburban Commando.

"We became really good friends and once we were done I said 'Man you should come to New York.' So I brought Mark Calaway in to meet Vince [McMahon] and Vince took a long look at him, he was a monster at six foot ten and in really good shape and Vince goes 'I'm gonna call you The Undertaker.' I just said 'Oh my god, this will never work with the bodybags and dead people' but I was wrong on that one, so The Undertaker was born."

Despite these claims, The Undertaker was already signed with WWE while filming Suburban Commando.

(Source: Hulk Hogan)

Fucking hell...

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
If I remember correctly Orton actually lobbied for it to be his theme, he actually came out to it in a video somewhere, but it was decided(probably by Vince) that it didn't fit him.
If memory serves, it was a SmackDown episode in 2006 where Orton came out using This Fire Burns as promo for the Wreckless Intent album.

And yeah, the theme didn't fit him at the time.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Even before I started reading it I knew it was bullshit but I can't imagine anyone takes Hogan seriously anymore. Man has been full of shit since the 80s.
As soon as I see Hulk Hogan has said something, I know I'm in for a laugh.

And having re-watched Suburban Commando for the first time since childhood a few months ago, film isn't good.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Even before I started reading it I knew it was bullshit but I can't imagine anyone takes Hogan seriously anymore. Man has been full of shit since the 80s.

It takes a special kind of fabulist to stand out in an industry of professional liars, but Hogan consistently hits that target. Maybe this is one of those situations in which Terry Bollea confused himself with Terry Funk, as the latter had a hand in transitioning Take (then "Texas Red") from WCCW to WCW.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Hogan's Beach shop was closer to Orlando or Miami, like a dream of mine is going there, see if I can find the hulkster and watch him tell me the most outrageous lie in my face

Or at least I want him to retell me the story of him joining the wrestling club at high school, beat the state champion on his first day and then pin the teacher

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if I can even say this here. I watched the Danielson vs Opsreay match, just to compare and how much I was hearing about it, I'm not sure I like Danielson's style. His whole constantly grappling, maneuverying, twisting is just kinda boring. The first half of the match was just a lot of Danielson getting Ospreay in maneuvers. Also I don't know if this is an effect of AEW's direction and camera switching, but it showed that Danielson was constantly watching the in house monitor to gauge when he should react which was just so distracting. The match undoubtedly ended up amazing, but with how long it went and how distracting Danielson was at the beginning, it felt just overly long at points for me.

Ospreay has god damn presence and charisma though damn.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always up to create some classic tales from hulk's ass

"so there I was backstage in Florida brother, dropping era's worth of knowledge on the little hulkamaniacs in NXT, and then I noticed a bit of buzz in the air you know, a bit of that hulkster Intuition, like the sisters of that locker room were a powder keg waiting to explode onto the main stage.
So I took it up on myself to be the spark for the sisters brother, I found Paul and was like Hunter Jack dude, those hulkettes need a shot, there's something there, like with my daughter Brooke back on impact, we changed the game and we can do it here as well.
At first Paul Helmsley was cautious, "y'know here's the thing, I don't think the world is ready for women's wrestling yet-uh".
And then I laid down the law brother, let him know that those chicks had been taking all the vitamins and saying all the prayers, eventually I persuaded Hunter to give them more ring time and the rest is history.
Afterwards the main four dudettes, I forget their names dude, were like "Hulkster, we're so happy you went to bat for us, we're like a new world order, we could be the new women's order!" and being the humble guy I am, I was like "I don't want the glory sister Jill dudettes, maybe call yourself the horsewomen instead...."