LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I can only find a reddit link, but thanks for reminding me of Okada having to sell Tanga Loa's brutal offence

He must've thought they were in rehearsals or something 😂.

As someone who is not familiar with Tanga Loa (other than his stint as Camacho in WWE), this is definitely a comedy bit/spot, right?

Nah he's just not that good. Tama kept improving he didn't. He could've just been phoning it in and maybe we'll see motivated Tanga going forward, but if anything they can just hide him in tag matches teaming with Tama.

View: https://x.com/SrAlexGomez/status/1786813651745124449?t=jymjGMm-4QWDtRwnCFUI7Q&s=09

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Nah he's just not that good. Tama kept improving he didn't. He could've just been phoning it in and maybe we'll see motivated Tanga going forward, but if anything they can just hide him in tag matches teaming with Tama.

View: https://x.com/SrAlexGomez/status/1786813651745124449?t=jymjGMm-4QWDtRwnCFUI7Q&s=09

So he'll be the resident jobber of the bloodline when it comes to tag matches.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

Yeah, looks like he could be the Bam Neely of the group or something.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
About to watch Backlash and I saw several people asking about Jacob Fatu. He's served jail time for a robbery when he was 18 so I doubt he'll ever appear on overseas cards as it's almost impossible to get a visa with a felony on your record.

Edit: did Michael Cole call Shingo Takagi, Shinto? 😅

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Backlash and I thought the KO/Randy vs New Bloodline and Cody vs AJ were really good. Bayley vs Naomi vs Tiffany and Damien vs Jey were good and the women's tag was ok. So all in all a very good PLE.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Fightful Select posted info on Drew Gulak following Triple H's comments at the post show conference - apparently at this time he's still with the company but has been told his deal won't be renewed, but there were reports of incidents while in NXT with talent there claiming he was a "bully" and would "test talent to see if they responded to his bullying." Also says he re-dislocated the finger of a talent who was injured and was intimidating, and HBK/coaches reprimanded him for intentionally spiking an opponent in a match on TV.

So, basically, fuck him. Cody was right.

This might be my first live Mania

when does ticket go on sale?

No on sale date but the presale registration and premium packages registration are already live. Here's a link for the presale one: https://www.wwe.com/wm41-presale-registration

Ngl, kinda bummed WM wasn't gonna be in Minnesota. Guess it's too cold

I did wonder if Uber and Lyft pulling out of Minnesota in protest of the new minimum wage laws for workers that I believe came into effect on May 1st might have something to do with it, but apparently WWE just decided to go in another direction...

"We were informed by WWE that Minnesota would not host WrestleMania in 2025 due to a change in direction by new ownership," said Wendy Blackshaw, MNSE's president and chief executive. "Although disappointed, we are in discussions with WWE about future events in Minnesota. We are optimistic that Minnesota will host WWE events here in the future."

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Fightful Select posted info on Drew Gulak following Triple H's comments at the post show conference - apparently at this time he's still with the company but has been told his deal won't be renewed, but there were reports of incidents while in NXT with talent there claiming he was a "bully" and would "test talent to see if they responded to his bullying." Also says he re-dislocated the finger of a talent who was injured and was intimidating, and HBK/coaches reprimanded him for intentionally spiking an opponent in a match on TV.

So, basically, fuck him. Cody was right.

No on sale date but the presale registration and premium packages registration are already live. Here's a link for the presale one: https://www.wwe.com/wm41-presale-registration

I did wonder if Uber and Lyft pulling out of Minnesota in protest of the new minimum wage laws for workers that I believe came into effect on May 1st might have something to do with it, but apparently WWE just decided to go in another direction...
Thanks

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Just so everyone is aware 'this is the highest grossing event ever!' being thrown around by WWE isn't a good thing. Instead it's more telling of how expensive it now is to attend a WWE event. Tickets are now in many instances hundreds of % higher than they were just 10 years ago. We're talking hundreds of $/£/€ just to sit in the lower bowl never mind at ringside. This will price out families with lower incomes.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Just so everyone is aware 'this is the highest grossing event ever!' being thrown around by WWE isn't a good thing. Instead it's more telling of how expensive it now is to attend a WWE event. Tickets are now in many instances hundreds of % higher than they were just 10 years ago. We're talking hundreds of $/£/€ just to sit in the lower bowl never mind at ringside.
Yep - I was considering going to Clash at the Castle and budgeted around £250-300 for level 2 seats taking in the prices for the live event shows they usually do there and adding a TV event mark up and they're in the £500-600 mark. The "nosebleed" level 3 seats (which the arena actively advises people with health issues not to book so wasn't an option for myself) by the time I got through to the booking page in the pre-sale (I was like 6000 in the queue) was sold out of the "affordable" £175-250 seats. Fucking crazy pricing, but the problem is people are buying them and it's only going to continue that way now they're pushing more international shows so people who can't travel to the US for a Rumble or WrestleMania will save up for them like a holiday thing.

If the UK ever got something like a WrestleMania, you'd need to remortgage your home to afford it.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Yep - I was considering going to Clash at the Castle and budgeted around £250-300 for level 2 seats taking in the prices for the live event shows they usually do there and adding a TV event mark up and they're in the £500-600 mark. The "nosebleed" level 3 seats (which the arena actively advises people with health issues not to book so wasn't an option for myself) by the time I got through to the booking page in the pre-sale (I was like 6000 in the queue) was sold out of the "affordable" £175-250 seats. Fucking crazy pricing, but the problem is people are buying them and it's only going to continue that way now they're pushing more international shows so people who can't travel to the US for a Rumble or WrestleMania will save up for them like a holiday thing.

If the UK ever got something like a WrestleMania, you'd need to remortgage your home to afford it.

I just bought my Category 2 ticket for the FA Cup Final for £115. WWE prices makes this look like a bargain.

There were thousands of unsold seats days before the big WWE event in Wales a couple of years ago and for ridiculous prices. They must have given most of them away in the end because it looked mostly full when the event started.

Like you say, they now expect people to treat attendance like a holiday where you need to save hundreds or thousands just to get your foot in the door. Not great for those with families and at a time where people have less disposable income due to rising costs in life.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I just bought my Category 2 ticket for the FA Cup Final for £115. WWE prices makes this look like a bargain.

There were thousands of unsold seats days before the big WWE event in Wales a couple of years ago and for ridiculous prices. They must have given most of them away in the end because it looked mostly full when the event started.

Like you say, they now expect people to treat attendance like a holiday where you need to save hundreds or thousands just to get your foot in the door. Not great for those with families and at a time where people have less disposable income due to rising costs in life.
I just went and looked at the Ticketmaster page and checked the current availability for SmackDown/Clash etc mostly for curiosity - not counting resell listings, the current availability for tickets is:

Floor level - 41 seats available - £802.90-940.40
Level 1 - 17 seats available - £610.40
Level 2 - 90 seats available - £500.40

The cheapest resell listing for level 3 is showing at £398.55.

I really hope they put on a good show to justify the prices - I was hoping maybe some seats wouldn't sell so they'd split the tickets and maybe I could stretch to one for the Clash show itself, but I'll probably just be satisfied going to the Kickoff event and merch store outside the venue if they do that and ordering a load of food to watch the show with mates instead.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Yeah the prices are insane in Europe, I remember getting in the first live show in Italy (the one where Santito became a champ with the help of Lashley) with only 40 Euro...now its like 10 times that

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
let's be honest, nobody gives a fuck or is excited about Tanga Loa (or Tama Tonga for that matter) for the technical masterpiece matches they will have.

People are excited because of the Bloodline story implications.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Enjoyed Backlash much more than I thought I would. The crowd was the biggest reason. They were hot for the entire show without being obnoxious about it, which is rare. Well done Lyon, you deserve more shows. The best part of the show was Jey's entrance. The lights bouncing with the phones was incredible. Jey is earning that "Main Event" moniker with reactions like these.

I thought the matches were quite good. I said that the Bloodline match should be a street fight and am glad they changed it. Was MotN because of the carnage. Didn't see GoD coming at all as Jacob Fatu was the rumor. But now if Fatu joins too, the numbers on the 'good' side will be unequal. Maybe Roman can bring Sami back in. Imagine a Wargames match with Roman, Jey, Jimmy, Sami v Solo, Tonga, Loa, Fatu.

Rest of the card went about as expected. Good to see the Kabuki Warriors put up an actual fight. Tiffany was showcased well. JD breakup story progressed. And Cody retained in a super predictable match that showed once again how damn smooth AJ still is. Lastly, some great matches got announced for Raw. Looking forward to it.

WeaselKing

Oct 27, 2017
Folks I'm sorry, but seeing Cody Hogan kick out at 1 from THE burning hammer is just ridiculous. What's the point?

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Folks I'm sorry, but seeing Cody Hogan kick out at 1 from THE burning hammer is just ridiculous. What's the point?
The point is AJ's Burning Hammer isn't as good as Kobashi's lol. It's just one of those fighting spirit things that happens in wrestling from time to time. They are building Cody up to be super credible who can only be put down by The KING General.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
How was the video package explaining who G.O.D. are?

How was the video package explaining why this is a big deal?

(just now learning that this was a thing)

Karsha

May 1, 2020
The Burning Hammer is the equivalent of the Proto Bomb in WWE, moves that help you set up the finisher. AJ has used it in the past a couple of times but never won a match with it, why should it be the move that defeated Cody? lol

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Wrestling is a weird thing where sometimes I just feel like I'm an idiot for not knowing X wrestler, or not knowing what a move is, or not being aware of a match that took place. It's the way people speak sometimes, it feels like that kind of discourse hasn't changed.

Not necessarily talking about Era even though sometimes it veers into pure IWC stuff. It's such a weird feeling at times with tons of tribalism going on. I just like to watch wrestling, then I'm subjected to accounts like AIR and also that guy with the Welsh flag ... Garrett? Gary? I've since blocked them, but fuck they're annoying. They're so alike and yet are extreme fanboys of different companies. Sometimes it felt like they were ran by the same person just farming impressions.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
The Burning Hammer is the equivalent of the Proto Bomb in WWE, moves that help you set up the finisher. AJ has used it in the past a couple of times but never won a match with it, why should it be the move that defeated Cody? lol

Oh has AJ used it in WWE before? I don't see the big deal then. Some of the most protected moves in company history are the Hogan leg drop and Rock's elbow drop. Even in the modern era their unbeatable champion was spamming the worst spears/superman punches ever. It's well established as wrassling bizarro world so this is nothing to get worked up over.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
Oh has AJ used it in WWE before? I don't see the big deal then. Some of the most protected moves in company history are the Hogan leg drop and Rock's elbow drop. Even in the modern era their unbeatable champion was spamming the worst spears/superman punches ever. It's well established as wrassling bizarro world so this is nothing to get worked up over.

I think, beside RKO and The End of Days, we don't have a lot of protected moves on WWE.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
How was the video package explaining who G.O.D. are?
They're not G.O.D in WWE.

They were announced as / identified as Haku's sons, who is a pre-existing character in WWE lore. Additionally, they're clearly part of the Bloodline visually (as further identified earlier) and the new one is a brother of the first one.

Corey did do a "clever" line about it was their destiny, but that was as far as it went.
How was the video package explaining why this is a big deal?

(just now learning that this was a thing)
It's not a big deal, as explained above.

You okay, Fitts?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

Yah. Just seen they got picked up by WWE and thought it was funny. Good on them for getting the bag, though. Also, I know one of the disingenuous complaints about debuting talent elsewhere is "why should we care/where's the video package?" Just riffing on the meme.

As explained above, I had no idea AJ had been using the burning hammer. Seen the post critiquing how it was used and figured it was a one off thing until I was set straight. As said above, I don't see why it's worth getting worked up over within this context.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Yah. Just seen they got picked up by WWE and thought it was funny. Good on them for getting the bag, though. Also, I know one of the disingenuous complaints about debuting talent elsewhere is "why should we care/where's the video package?" Just riffing on the meme.

As explained above, I had no idea AJ had been using the burning hammer. Seen the post critiquing how it was used and figured it was a one off thing until I was set straight. As said above, I don't see why it's worth getting worked up over within this context.
I didn't really think it was a meme, but okay. Just came in sounding a bit negative, was curious as to the source / if you were doing alright. Sounds like y'are, though :).

I missed breakfast, myself, and am cranky :(.