twinturbo2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I'm more questioning why the fuck Jade and Bianca are even in it to begin with. Jade being in it already tells me she's almost certainly winning the entire thing which would suck complete ass because she's...complete ass in the ring. Them giving her all of these accolades immediately is going to backfire massively on her (and them).
I really had high hopes for Io winning the whole thing. Shame on me for believing.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
when do they do Punk v Drew? it feels like such a big match by this point. Summerslam? Clash?
Punk made the comment to camera on Raw "If you make me go to Glasgow, Scotland I'm going to be hiding in a bowl of haggis and I'm going to pop out and I'm going to break your face."

Given their injury recoveries, I'm saying Summerslam at this point.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Punk made the comment to camera on Raw "If you make me go to Glasgow, Scotland I'm going to be hiding in a bowl of haggis and I'm going to pop out and I'm going to break your face."

Given their injury recoveries, I'm saying Summerslam at this point.

That's my tentative guess as well.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
That's why I felt they should have done something with Drew with the draft. Make him start being mad he's on a different show than Punk. If it's not going to happen for a while these Punk promo's have already become stale. At least give it something to move it and add to antagonizing. Make Drew figure out a way to get back to Raw while Punk just antagonizes him and tries to make it harder for him in some way.

The whole "I want punk." "You just missed him." can't keep going that long lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't generally watch weekly tv wrestling due to how much there is. I will tune in once CM Punk is healthy to see him and Drew go at each other.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
So for someone that hasn't had the chance to really watch Jade's matches in the WWE other than her Mania match. How is she doing now in ring? Is she still getting the Goldberg treatment to cover her flaws?

From the previous comments it sounds like she's still green. Is there anywhere to see her PLE stuff? Edit: I just remembered PLE is what the WWE calls PPV now.
She's passable in the ring. She's so impressive looking that all she really needs is a few power moves and the crowds will eat it up. Her jumping on the rope and doing a cross body did look good.

View: https://x.com/fightful/status/1786833165358612485?s=46&t=XLTzXC86-jFLhe96-wL6Fg

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Is it weird that WBD's streaming service Max is sponsoring a match on SmackDown tonight?

20240509_SD_CorbinCarmelo_FC_tonight--a2c0e69b6d249e04fde4f940c0754433.jpg

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Playing catch up after watching Doctor Who - figured they'd either do Cody vs Logan Paul at either K/QOTR or SummerSlam.

Have they mentioned if they're showing highlights of the live event tournament matches yet?

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
A Randy run for the title would make him the biggest babyface of his entire career, he just seems so comfortable and aware of his own pitfalls that people are genuinely rooting for him.

I watched Elimination Chamber with no spoilers and I was afraid he'd actually fucked up his back, anyone who doesn't think he isn't one of the greatest workers of this century is lost and won't ever be found.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on Smackdown

-Honestly surprised at the Logan Paul match up. I think it could honestly be a great match.
-I liked Cody's turn in the promo, but hated how much boomer it sounds and how it matches his whole tax man carry persona lol
-Whyyyyyyyy did the Naomi/Nia match go on so long. Why Naomi gotta have a titty pop out AND lose to Nia?!
-It cacked me up how Nia came out for her intro completely ass flast and zero energy
-Who tf is Baron Corbin? He's gone back up and down between main and NXT? lol
-God damn the size difference. Corbin on one knee is like 2 inches shorter.
-This match is like Carmello wrestling(twirling around) a stripper pole that occasionally falls and slams him in to the ground. Then he wins by getting angry and folding the pole in half.
-Why did it feel like Chelsea forgot Piper's name when she was saying Bayley forgot Piper lol God Jade is about to stomp this girl so fast.
-Honestly, Jade could probably stand in the middle of the ring and flex and I'd believe it enough if she just somehow won as a result.
-I was ready to think this match was going to be super fast, or Piper being beat around, but thought it turned out to be a pretty good match.
-Oh shit is this going to head toward a Bianca vs Jade?! Noooooo
-I feel like Bianca's energy is like infectious. Her jumping around and swinging her ponytail and big smile. She like oozes energy just waiting for the match to start.
-Oh solo, now it's "Our" title that was lost?!
-Ok guess the commentators thought that mentionworthy too lol
-Wow Tama Tonga gets pyro? Or is this some new Bloodline music and intro? I like the red and black fit.
-Dawkins in this gear looks like the Eddie Kingston of wwe. Like he looks like your friends older brother down the street.
-They made bloodline look like bitches for a quick second there.
-Talk about a long intro, damn Randy is EATING this walk out lol
-God Damn. I guess I didn't realize just how damn big Orton is until he stands next to another guy I thought was massive in AJ lmao
-I continue to be surprised how much I love wrestling, because damn, I loved this match too.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on Smackdown

-Honestly surprised at the Logan Paul match up. I think it could honestly be a great match.
-I liked Cody's turn in the promo, but hated how much boomer it sounds and how it matches his whole tax man carry persona lol
-Whyyyyyyyy did the Naomi/Nia match go on so long. Why Naomi gotta have a titty pop out AND lose to Nia?!
-It cacked me up how Nia came out for her intro completely ass flast and zero energy
-Who tf is Baron Corbin? He's gone back up and down between main and NXT? lol
-God damn the size difference. Corbin on one knee is like 2 inches shorter.
-This match is like Carmello wrestling(twirling around) a stripper pole that occasionally falls and slams him in to the ground. Then he wins by getting angry and folding the pole in half.
-Why did it feel like Chelsea forgot Piper's name when she was saying Bayley forgot Piper lol God Jade is about to stomp this girl so fast.
-Honestly, Jade could probably stand in the middle of the ring and flex and I'd believe it enough if she just somehow won as a result.
-I was ready to think this match was going to be super fast, or Piper being beat around, but thought it turned out to be a pretty good match.
-Oh shit is this going to head toward a Bianca vs Jade?! Noooooo
-I feel like Bianca's energy is like infectious. Her jumping around and swinging her ponytail and big smile. She like oozes energy just waiting for the match to start.
-Oh solo, now it's "Our" title that was lost?!
-Ok guess the commentators thought that mentionworthy too lol
-Wow Tama Tonga gets pyro? Or is this some new Bloodline music and intro? I like the red and black fit.
-Dawkins in this gear looks like the Eddie Kingston of wwe. Like he looks like your friends older brother down the street.
-They made bloodline look like bitches for a quick second there.
-Talk about a long intro, damn Randy is EATING this walk out lol
-God Damn. I guess I didn't realize just how damn big Orton is until he stands next to another guy I thought was massive in AJ lmao
-I continue to be surprised how much I love wrestling, because damn, I loved this match too.

Wrestling is indeed great. There's always something out there for everyone.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
I'm gonna hold my hands up and say that I was wrong about the QotR matches. I found them all varying levels of entertaining. I'm glad all of the losers got some offense in even when the results were super predictable. Thought Jade looked decent against Piper, apart from maybe a botch on a clothesline sell. She still sold sold her back after the win, which I appreciate. Naomi hitting that Frankensteiner was also cool. Tiffy time being moved to a live event is a travesty though. Same for Knight v Escobar. I would've enjoyed watching those matches.

I like Cody v Paul as a matchup. I don't like that the US title is gonna be overlooked for a few weeks. Hope Paul is losing it at Summerslam to Knight.

I LOVED Orton this week. The promo, the match, the selling, the fan interactions-the man is loving his job right now and I'm so glad his career isn't done after that injury. The result surprised me too as I thought AJ would win via Bloodline shenanigans.

Speaking of the Bloodline, I like Tama Tonga's theme. I somehow doubt Solo is telling the truth about Roman appointing him leader. Also, I thought it was Tanga Loa not Tonga Loa. Maybe my memory is failing me or maybe the WWE decided they need to hammer home the fact that these are brothers.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olfg_M6r1yY

Roman is going to be such a gigantic babyface...

...just like they wanted him to be 10 years ago >_>

Also, nu-Bloodline is totally going to destroy Heyman soon enough and they are going to get mega heat.

Fuck man, I can't believe they actually struck gold with this Bloodline bullshit AGAIN. What the fuck.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
man a good smackdown is just not on the same scale as a good raw. a good 3 hours feel so much better than a good 2 hours. This week highlights that

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy hearing "We Want Roman" chants. I hope he roasts the crowd when he comes back. "Oh, now y'all like me?" 😂

Also, couldn't watch Smackdown. But is the Cody vs. Logan match title for title? If so LOL--why would they do that?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda crazy hearing "We Want Roman" chants. I hope he roasts the crowd when he comes back. "Oh, now y'all like me?" 😂

Also, couldn't watch Smackdown. But is the Cody vs. Logan match title for title? If so LOL--why would they do that?
I don't think they mentioned Logan Paul putting the US Championship on the line, just that he was Cody's next challenger.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
In theory I don't mind the US champion challenging the world champion for the belt. NWA/WCW used to do it all the time and Trips is someone who likes to draw back on old stuff from time to time. I do mind it when it's Logan Paul though 😂

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, didn't catch that. I still expect Logan Paul to say next week he's not putting the US Championship on the line.

I assume maybe they didn't talk about it a lot to let it still develop. I want to double check and make sure I wasn't just assuming. I instantly wondered if it was a way to pencil in a loss for cody without losing the title belt, once he had two I mean. I went back and looked, yeah he does mention if Cody would win it it'd make him a grand slam champion and some other stuff.