Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just when I got excited for Storm's classic look to return, in season 2 she may return to this...
marvel-studios-x-men-storm-and-wolverine-production-cel-(marvel-studios,-c.-1992-97)..jpg

also the glow-up
oLKxS9o.jpeg
my-name-is-v0-vcmj6htl8m0d1.jpeg
They hinted at Storm getting her more recent cloud hair in Season 2, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was the only one that had me a bit confused because first when Rogue was outsisde, I thought "Oh well, she has Captain Marvels powers so maybe she can breathe?"and then you have stuff on the "Blue side of the moon" or whatever which has air in Marvel universe. But with Sunspot and Jubilee I was like "...whhaaat?"

I will head canon it that Roberto creates a barrier field around himself like his old teammate Cannonball and therefore that extended to Jubilee but...actually she should have died almostly instantly right? Probably him too! I seem to remember old X-Force issues where the team were freaking out trying to pilot a broken shuttle down to Earth from Graymalkin or whatever and they werent too comfortable with the idea about getting sucked out into space, even Cannonball.
Well you don't die almost instantly in space, you have atleast a minute, I headcanon that sunspot immediately heads into the atmosphere after contacting scott

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I just realized they didn't explain Magneto's surviving Genosha at all.

Episode 9 had him reveal he had memories of Leech's eyes being burned out of his head as he died...but Leech was literally in his arms when the blast was coming down. I was expecting a reveal of memory fuckery or clones or something.

The Wild Sentinel saying "Threat Eliminated" could be handwaved by Bastion making it say that because he wanted Magneto alive (for whatever reason, which also wasn't explained), but how did Magneto survive the blast relatively unharmed while the person he was holding was eradicated?

A quick flashback could have explained it, showing the blast pushing them underground and then Bastion showing up to personally kill Leech and capture Magneto, but they didn't do anything like that.

Also what about Tommy? She was there too.

While talking about Genosha, it's still bonkers that they killed Sebastian Shaw by dropping some rocks on his head.

May 18, 2018
Is Forge going to make a team based on how was on the board?
It would be awesome to see Kitty, Magik, Havock, and Colosuss as the modern team

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Bastion can teleport.

He'd have to teleport into Magneto's shield, separate Magneto from Leech, then teleport Magneto away but still close enough for Magneto to watch Leech die. Also if that was the case they still should have shown it in a quick flashback (along with explaining why Bastion wanted Magneto).

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
He'd have to teleport into Magneto's shield, separate Magneto from Leech, then teleport Magneto away but still close enough for Magneto to watch Leech die. Also if that was the case they still should have shown it in a quick flashback (along with explaining why Bastion wanted Magneto).

magneto has 90s cartoon armor. gambit should be a pile of ash but they show his body bruised and battered. morph, jubilee, and cyclops should have had internal bleeding and several broken bones from their fight with bastion at the very least.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Here's your homework for next season.

816oNwtFXmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The origin of Apocalypse. Art by the incredible Steve Skroce (Cable/X-man, Gambit (first ongoing), storyboarder of almost every Wachowski film from the Matrix to Jupiter).

Written by Terry Kavanah.

6157m+qKW3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Cyclops and Jean have their honeymoon cut off when they get sent to the future by Clan Askani. Identical to the ending of this show, they come into contact with a young Cable and get a second chance at being his parents. Dope as fuck world building, emotional story, beautiful Gene Ha art. I met Gene once and had him sign my copies - he's actually super sweet and funny as hell.

Written by Scott Lobdell who I will defend to the ends of the earth - at least on his X-men books (and Iron Man).

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Was the guy in the black panther suit T'chaka? Cause if so, I'm not liking marvel seemingly downplaying T'Challa because of Chadwick Boseman's death

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Here's your homework for next season.

816oNwtFXmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The origin of Apocalypse. Art by the incredible Steve Skroce (Cable/X-man, Gambit (first ongoing), storyboarder of almost every Wachowski film from the Matrix to Jupiter).

Written by Terry Kavanah.

6157m+qKW3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Cyclops and Jean have their honeymoon cut off when they get sent to the future by Clan Askani. Identical to the ending of this show, they come into contact with a young Cable and get a second chance at being his parents. Dope as fuck world building, emotional story, beautiful Gene Ha art. I met Gene once and had him sign my copies - he's actually super sweet and funny as hell.

Written by Scott Lobdell who I will defend to the ends of the earth - at least on his X-men books (and Iron Man).

Great post...I'm so glad The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is going to be adapted to some degree next season...though them meeting Rachel this way and not prior, will be interesting. They also already introduced themselves as Scott and Jean...so even if Slym and Redd are used as covert aliases, it won't be the revelation it was to adult Cable as it was in the comics

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized they didn't explain Magneto's surviving Genosha at all.

Episode 9 had him reveal he had memories of Leech's eyes being burned out of his head as he died...but Leech was literally in his arms when the blast was coming down. I was expecting a reveal of memory fuckery or clones or something.

The Wild Sentinel saying "Threat Eliminated" could be handwaved by Bastion making it say that because he wanted Magneto alive (for whatever reason, which also wasn't explained), but how did Magneto survive the blast relatively unharmed while the person he was holding was eradicated?

A quick flashback could have explained it, showing the blast pushing them underground and then Bastion showing up to personally kill Leech and capture Magneto, but they didn't do anything like that.

Also what about Tommy? She was there too.

While talking about Genosha, it's still bonkers that they killed Sebastian Shaw by dropping some rocks on his head.

I'm glad they didn't feel the need to show everything. Bastion kept Magneto alive and that's all that matters or we need to know.

Just like the space stuff at the end. Asteroid M is super close to the moon but also in Orbit with the earth somehow. It's comic book silliness. It doesn't need to make sense it just needs to be cool.

I'm so happy they nailed the ending. 10/10 season. Even if future seasons don't live up to this I am just happy we got this.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah. Maybe so they can do a retro style Black Panther series?
If this is in continuity with the rest of the marvel shows of the era (which frequently crossed over) then T'Challa should be BP. And if the show runner says the decision not use T'Challa came from the top, then it's so joever

Fucking hate this awful mcu synergy preventing use of such an iconic character

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to assume it's T'Chaka because of Boseman's death or MCU interference. It could just be a case where the showrunners decided for whatever reason that T'Challa wasn't yet BP in 97. All DeMayo said was he couldn't speak to that choice. If there's a BP series under development it could be part of his NDA that he can't discuss it.

Well, he's missing. Forge just hasn't been able to find him yet, I guess.

Maybe he realized Apocalypse is back and is hunting him.

Last edited:

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Great post...I'm so glad The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is going to be adapted to some degree next season...though them meeting Rachel this way and not prior, will be interesting. They also already introduced themselves as Scott and Jean...so even if Slym and Redd are used as covert aliases, it won't be the revelation it was to adult Cable as it was in the comics

Yeah I think they'll skip aliases. I'm actually surprised the other show didn't go into the C&P mini but I'm glad they didn't so we can get something much better done.

If this is in continuity with the rest of the marvel shows of the era (which frequently crossed over) then T'Challa should be BP. And if the show runner says the decision not use T'Challa came from the top, then it's so joever

Fucking hate this awful mcu synergy preventing use of such an iconic character

I remember him in the old shows but I didn't remember them using his name. Hm.

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what a great show. Can't wait till season 2. Lets see how far i can get into the xmen original comic run.(right now reading through excalibur)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
we saw how Infinite went, we don't need functiongate 2. no wolverine mags storm sent, no point

Yeah, we seriously need MvC4 featuring several of the X-Men. Hopefully soon…

Honestly, a hypothetical Marvel vs. Capcom 4 would probably be packed with mutants. After the success of '97 and the upcoming movie, Marvel would want them to be pushed. (And I imagine the developers would want to make up for lost time.)

I just want an MvC skin put over SF6. Give me a Battle Hub with Marvel themes, a World Tour mode where your avatar visits locations in the Marvel Universe, etc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly, a hypothetical Marvel vs. Capcom 4 would probably be packed with mutants. After the success of '97 and the upcoming movie, Marvel would want them to be pushed. (And I imagine the developers would want to make up for lost time.)

I just want an MvC skin put over SF6. Give me a Battle Hub with Marvel themes, a World Tour mode where your avatar visits locations in the Marvel Universe, etc.
I'm.....not so sure about that. There would definitely be X-Men characters, but probably around 5-6 of them in a 48-52 character roster rather than an MvC2-tier ratio. In fact, Sony's exclusivity contract over X-Men games may prevent Capcom going over a certain percentage of mutants on the Marvel side of the roster.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
is the magneto protocol just "we're gonna send 5 nukes to wherever magneto is and hope that shit works"? That seemed a pretty feeble plan.

didn't love bastion, felt like sometimes he was basically invincible and invulnerable and then sometimes the weirdest shit was peeling stuff off his face, like jubilee's fireworks. Woulda loved a more steady buildup of the villain through the season, I guess maybe he is just really bad at improvising. You'd think a dude with the "techno organic virus" would be able to handle missiles though.

Looking forward to the rehabilitation of Apocalypse after the awful X-Men Apocalypse live action movie.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Great episode and fantastic season. Two things I don't get though
Is Jean just able to just use the Phoenix Powers whenever? I thought the phoenix force left her and was in space? Also how are all these mutants breathing in open space. Even if you explain it as Magneto bullshit. Jubes should be dead exiting from that range.

I wish Steve Rogers was still going to be around in the MCU when the X-Men inevitably enter it.

"I support your cause, but, ugh, the optics!"

Nice I'll look into it!

Unless they replace MCU Cap with Ultimate Universe Cap or John Walker or something, no way MCU Steve Rogers, who has openly defied the government when it came to registration, would say that.

LOL at your last part, Australia really is another world.

Do you think Kang was the one that did this? Or Rachel Summers?

Them raising Cable would completely diverge the timeline.

In the comics they were shunted into completely different bodies and so Cable never recognizes them. I assume they raise Cable but don't reveal who they are and he doesn't recognize them, but this is always what was supposed to happen.

Well you don't die almost instantly in space, you have atleast a minute, I headcanon that sunspot immediately heads into the atmosphere after contacting scott

So how does he and Jubilee enter the atmosphere then? He ain't Cannonball with nigh invulnerability. My other nitpick is that he admits like a few scenes earlier that he is just getting used to his powers and yet you can see his powers being used on the moon from Earth, like how strong is he in this? ;)

Interesting that Psylocke is with Alpha Flight but who is the black woman with them?

They never did reverse the whole "Quicksilver and Wanda aren't Magneto's kids and aren't mutants" in the comics, right? Now I'm curious if Magneto suspects Polaris is his daughter since that was all in his mind.

As far as Silver Samurai goes: guys, he was on top of that building when the lights went out and can't get down.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Weird rushed episode. Most of it didn't make much sense. Probably my least favorite episode of the whole season.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I also enjoyed Xavier going "yeah, we can't kill ever" and Magneto's like "Xavier, your student was going to kill me!." And his response is basically yeah but...

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wish Steve Rogers was still going to be around in the MCU when the X-Men inevitably enter it.

"I support your cause, but, ugh, the optics!"

I really don't think MCU Cap's history lines up with traditional Cap on this matter. MCU Cap has openly accepted bad optics after being thawed out—constant defiance and destruction of the USA's major military and political stances in his universe. I think MCU Cap would be the exception to the other Caps.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy to have seen a Peter and MJ cameo.
Next season will feature Rama-Tur and possibly the FF. We're gonna be eating so good.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Unless they replace MCU Cap with Ultimate Universe Cap or John Walker or something, no way MCU Steve Rogers, who has openly defied the government when it came to registration, would say that.

In the comics they were shunted into completely different bodies and so Cable never recognizes them. I assume they raise Cable but don't reveal who they are and he doesn't recognize them, but this is always what was supposed to happen.

So how does he and Jubilee enter the atmosphere then? He ain't Cannonball with nigh invulnerability. My other nitpick is that he admits like a few scenes earlier that he is just getting used to his powers and yet you can see his powers being used on the moon from Earth, like how strong is he in this? ;)

Interesting that Psylocke is with Alpha Flight but who is the black woman with them?

They never did reverse the whole "Quicksilver and Wanda aren't Magneto's kids and aren't mutants" in the comics, right? Now I'm curious if Magneto suspects Polaris is his daughter since that was all in his mind.

As far as Silver Samurai goes: guys, he was on top of that building when the lights went out and can't get down.
The powerset he is using is post Reignfire where he goes from non invulnerable strong guy. To a Flying blaster, with super strenght and energy manipulating powers. No sun flitering hsi absoration...he can go hog wild

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing on the last scene was wild. When Poccy pulled down his mask, it looked like Beast and X said "Fuck this shit, we out"

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
People often claim Iron Man and Cap were like super popular and prevalent characters before the MCU....No they weren't! they were small cameos in X-Men and Spider-Man shows
My problem is people sue to say that about the comics, like iron man or Cap barely showed up