• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
People, im gonna buy a used Xbox 360 console,

Besides the Halos and the Gears of war games, what are the must play games?

thanks

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Isn't BC with X1 pretty good? Or 360 still has many exclusives?

Anyway, Asura's Wrath.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Uhh, that's a good question! Do you care if they've been ported or are available on One X backwards compat?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
81fc%2BneEQQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71SGJDwqqcL._AC_SL1184_.jpg

810Z2YsgmNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Naruto rise of a nina/broken bonds
Shadows of the Damned
Nier
Lollipop Chainsaw
Kameo

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Enchanted Arms
Stranglehold
The Jason Bourne game

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
If you like JRPG's Eternal Sonata
51-2wTtbaML._SY445_.jpg

It's a strong JRPG with a great art style, incredible music, and somehow turns into a history lesson on Frederic Francois Chopin. The game takes place on his deathbed in a fantasy world that seems to exist in his dream. Everything is named after or connected to music in some way.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On this topic, how many folks are collecting sealed 360 games? I figured id start now before a few of the ones not listed online become rare or hard to find. I have new sealed copies of full auto and sonic 06 in My amazon cart, please stop me

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Blur
Split Second
NFS: Hot Pursuit
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Forza Horizon 1/2

Oct 29, 2017
Fuse. Honest to God, I thought the game was a great, criminally overlooked TPS.

Divinity 2. Really cool third-person action RPG from Larian. I'm surprised that this game is never talked about given the success of the Original Sin games.

Split/Second
Sleeping Dogs

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Darkness
Fantasia Kinect
Child of Eden Kinect
Red Dead Redemption
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Shadows of the Damned

on XBLA:
Virtual-On
Guardian Heroes
Virtua Fighter 5
Streets of Rage Vintage Collection (by M2) (actually all of the M2 Vintage Collections are good - avoid the Digital Eclipse releases as both are on the storefront)
Daytona HD
NiGHTs into Dreams
Fighting Vipers

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That generation remains a treasure trove of brilliant arcade racers. I.e, back compat's most ignored genre.

Start with Blur, Sega Rally Revo and Project Gotham Racing 3 or 4.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Alpha Protocol, it had some rough edges but its interesting and it's not BC so it should be a cheap disc buy
Man, I wish I liked this one a bit more. This had to be one of the buggiest games I've ever played on 360 and I remember some boss at the end being miserable to fight, but it's been a while. I know that this one has some interesting writing and choices(Though I can't say I was blown away with anything I saw, but maybe I didn't delve deep enough
If you like JRPG's Eternal Sonata
51-2wTtbaML._SY445_.jpg

It's a strong JRPG with a great art style, incredible music, and somehow turns into a history lesson on Frederic Francois Chopin. The game takes place on his deathbed in a fantasy world that seems to exist in his dream. Everything is named after or connected to music in some way.
This game is pretty fun. I can't say that the plot or characters are particularly interesting, but I had fun with it and the art style I remember looking really solid when I played in 2012 or so.
)

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Beautiful Katamari
Beautiful_katamari_cover.jpg

Game was my intro to the series and it was weird, colorful, funny, quirky and I absolutely adored every minute I spent with it. AFAIK it's only on the 360

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
x360_culdcept_saga_p_bb22lr.jpg

It's a board game/card game, it's fucking awesome, and man I wish it were a more regular series.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not an exclusive, but more people need to be aware of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

Also maybe Child of Eden. I didn't think it compared very favorably to REZ, but I'm sure it has its fans.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
If you are buying physical, then make sure to take advantage of GS B2G2F for games $9.99 and under.

Underrated games
The Saboteur
Alan Wake
PGR4
Prey
Shadows of the Damned
Spec Ops The Line
Dead Rising
Kameo
Viva Pinata
The Witcher 2

Oct 30, 2017