Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that redacted document and other rumors hinting at something for the Fall…could've sworn the Grubbster said that.

I mean that's presumably when the new Switch is launching…just lines up for me. What else would it be?

I don't think it has anything do with the Switch Pro. I think it's Goldeneye Remastered officially releasing for Xbox, Switch, and PC to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that redacted document and other rumors hinting at something for the Fall…could've sworn the Grubbster said that.

I mean that's presumably when the new Switch is launching…just lines up for me. What else would it be?
Not sure about that document but why would xCloud be connected to a new revision is my question.

Could be happening (still doubtful on that) just not sure this makes anything more likely.

Oct 28, 2017
So as far as I know, the 1st party titles we expect before the end of the year are:

Psychonauts 2
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Flight Sim Console
Age of Empires IV
Crossfire X
As Dusk Falls
Deathloop
Grounded v1.0

Then we should likely get release dates for:

Omen (Arkane Austin)
Starfield (Bethesda)
Ghostwire Tokyo (Tango Gameworks)

Anything else that is potentially coming 2021 or early 2022 that I'm forgetting?
you think death loop will be at E3 or on Xbox this year?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
giphy.gif

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Grubb in the game studios thread still saying that Avowed won't be there. Was hoping Nate Drake and Sp0nger were right, but Jeff sounds like his information is more up to date at the moment. Just seems dumb to be missing E3 if the studio says they are ready to show it.

Sounds like they might have something else to show? Maybe Josh Sawyers project? (Would really hope it's not Grounded again).

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
As someone who has said "I don't want a gamespass commercial", the majority of new games coming to GamesPass will be subscription service filler content, even if XBox has (as some people have estimated) 40+ AAA titles in development. I'm not tuning in to hear about Tetris, or random filler games I would only ever pick up to tide me over until a next big release if they're free on a subscription service, I'm watching to see industry leading AAA quality games that make me go wow and blow my socks off. If MS chooses to put them on GP day 1 that's an added bonus, but the core of the program is the games, not the subscription service

Gamepass has a ton of third party AAA games on there right now and gets ALL XGS and Bethesda releases day 1, including many third party games day 1.

Filler content...lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has said "I don't want a gamespass commercial", the majority of new games coming to GamesPass will be subscription service filler content, even if XBox has (as some people have estimated) 40+ AAA titles in development. I'm not tuning in to hear about Tetris, or random filler games I would only ever pick up to tide me over until a next big release if they're free on a subscription service, I'm watching to see industry leading AAA quality games that make me go wow and blow my socks off. If MS chooses to put them on GP day 1 that's an added bonus, but the core of the program is the games, not the subscription service
giphy.gif

Jun 15, 2020
Microsoft has to go out and show out. The pressure is on them. They have all this momentum and now it's time to deliver on the most important aspect which is games. They need to talk less, way less than they normally do and show more. We can't walk away from this with anything less than it being really really good. Those studios that they revealed that they acquired in 2018 should all have something ready to be shown.
Haha, every year people act as if they're doomed without a 10/10 conference. If they're in a bad spot, "The need to turn it around NOW!" and if they're in a good spot, "They have momentum, they have to capitalize NOW!"

It's still a pandemic. It's not gonna be the greatest conference of all-time. Let's just enjoy seeing some games without all this pressure. Sheesh.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Haha, every year people act as if they're doomed without a 10/10 conference. If they're in a bad spot, "The need to turn it around NOW!" and if they're in a good spot, "They have momentum, they have to capitalize NOW!"

It's still a pandemic. It's not gonna be the greatest conference of all-time. Let's just enjoy seeing some games without all this pressure. Sheesh.
Yea haha. I bought into that narrative last year, and in retrospect... eh? I will take this time as it arrives, moderate my hype as best as I can, and just enjoy what comes - knowing that we are STILL IN A PANDEMIC. That places like Japan are going through surges that are killing people again. That WFH is a demonstrably difficult working situation for many, many studios. That acquisitions take time to situate, support, and send off. That Microsoft has chosen to delay multiple games by a year or more lately to refocus on quality.

And that that means it likely won't be an amazing generational show. And yet, that's ultimately probably a good thing. Not everyone will think that way, but that is where I am now.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
you think death loop will be at E3 or on Xbox this year?

I was just listing first party games for the next 6-12 months to see if I missed anything. I think if there was any chance to break the exclusivity contract that was made we'd have heard about it by now, so I'm assuming Deathloop won't be on Xbox until next fall. It's still a MSFT first party game though (made by one of their studios or funded by one of their publishing arms).

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
probably already discussed, but I feel like 90 minutes is almost too short if bethesda is included

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Are we getting Halo Reach remake or what? Feels kinda sus to use Reach cast when we got Infinite.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
My E3 predictions:

-Halo Infinite gameplay demo with overhauled graphics. Singleplayer + Multiplayer. This will be the longest game of the show.
-Forza Horizon next with a trailer like FH4 in E3 2018
-Psychonauts 2 gameplay
-Flight Simulator for Xbox
-Some 3rd party games
-Grounded trailer with release date
-CrossFire X trailer
-A trailer from Everwild or Fable or Avowed
-Project Mara trailer
-As Dusk Falls trailer
-2 AAA games from XGP
-Maybe a studio acquisition

-Starfield with a trailer like Skyrim's in 2010 or Fallout 3's in 2007
-Arkane Austin's next game with gameplay trailer
-Machine Games' next game (Wolfenstein III or Indiana Jones)

I also expect a surprise game at E3 that I can't predict. Last year I didn't think that we will see SoD 3 trailer.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
and last year's was also kinda lackluster.
I don't know, imo last year was marked (negatively) with too much CG and an underwhelming reveal, but I wouldn't say it was lackluster.

I think for this kind of event you need to find a sweet spot, and a 90 minute, fast paced, meaty show sounds perfect to me. 2 hours or more would sound like a drag.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018

Lets be honest, they could unveil a cure for cancer but some people would still find fault

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
and last year's was also kinda lackluster.
Last year's showcase's problem wasn't the length. It was the lack of XSX gameplay and too many cgi trailers. 1.5 hours is plenty long for a digital showcase without breaks for applause. They only need to have it packed with content and lots of gameplay outside of Halo.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017

Your broad point is correct, the show isn't make or break, but it's true that there's a weight of expectation on it given Microsoft's aspirations.

If Microsoft wants to close the gap it needs to impress to a disproportionate degree; it needs to make people who would otherwise not care about Xbox think that Xbox has a good line-up of games to play in the near future. It needs to do that now because the next 18 months are when a lot of purchasing decisions happen which may define their overall success in the next decade. It's harder to play catch-up as the generation matures.

I enjoy my Series X immensely but it's true that it hasn't delivered on games thus far, this show has to begin to change that perception.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Your broad point is correct, the show isn't make or break, but it's true that there's a weight of expectation on it given Microsoft's aspirations.

If Microsoft wants to close the gap it needs to impress to a disproportionate degree; it needs to make people who would otherwise not care about Xbox think that Xbox has a good line-up of games to play in the near future. It needs to do that now because the next 18 months are when a lot of purchasing decisions happen which may define their overall success in the next decade. It's harder to play catch-up as the generation matures.

I enjoy my Series X immensely but it's true that it hasn't delivered on games thus far, this show has to begin to change that perception.

They aren't selling consoles based off E3. E3 is mostly for us fans and industry insiders/suits. You are right that Microsoft needs a few of these upcoming games to be massive hits. Minecraft, FH4 and SoT have been doing a lot of the heavy lifting in recent times.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Microsoft has to go out and show out. The pressure is on them. They have all this momentum and now it's time to deliver on the most important aspect which is games. They need to talk less, way less than they normally do and show more. We can't walk away from this with anything less than it being really really good. Those studios that they revealed that they acquired in 2018 should all have something ready to be shown.
I don't think that's realistic, considering some of the studios had obligations to fullfil and we are still in a pandemic. I don't know why Microsoft needs to show everything either, because doing so would mean the next events this and next year are boring as hell with no suprises. Furthermore showing everything and from everything gameplay, would mean we are looking at a 3-4 hour show and that's not smart.
Mostly excited for Forza Motorsport, hope it's a proper reboot next-gen exclusive with a more sim-like approach, pit stops etc... BLOW.ME.AWAY
I am so excited for the game and hopefully they announce on stage a bigger playstest. I want to see more of the game and finally get my hands on it.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like with 90 minutes we're only going to get upcoming games. I doubt they'll have time to talk about ongoing games like ESO or Fallout 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.