• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

View: https://x.com/arielsis/status/1719432530351226949?s=20

A lot of people are asking me to talk about the information that Xbox Brazil would be asking for the Series X and S consoles sent at the beginning of the generation back.

Yes, this is happening.

From the beginning, the contract sent with the consoles talked about loans for an indefinite period.

This has not only occurred with the Infinito Combo, but other vehicles as well. We don't know the reasons.

Our Xbox gaming coverage remains on our PCs.

View: https://x.com/nelsonalvesjr/status/1719413116209901936?s=20

Are we going to set the playground on fire? Let's go.
I just found out that XboxBR (or XboxMX, same shit) is RETALIATING the vehicles that dared to question the abusive increase in the S. Level: they are taking back consoles loaned to the newsrooms. PATHETIC, AUTHORITARY. Are you going to FanFest? Protest.

It seems like outlets in Brazil are having their consoles, which were loaned indefinitely to them by Xbox Brazil, taken back in retaliation for speaking up against the R$ 1000 price increase to the Series S. The price increase was covered in this thread by DDrift but this new information needs a light shining on it to make sure Brazilian outlets are free to speak on the industry in their country as they feel fit. Hopefully Xbox US step in to resolve the issues that Xbox Brazil seems to be doubling down on.

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
This seems rather counterintuitive to actually selling items as part of a business. No matter how bad you are going im nott sure why you'd pull your console.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Yo that's fucking crazy…MS…you setting up to have a terrible amount of bad press. What a bad PR move!🤦🏿‍♂️

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
next week news - microsoft banning anyone speaking portuguese on xbox live just to not risk people talking about the issue

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is there chance this is because of some lease on HW ending right now or is it actually directly because of reporting on the price increases?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
lol how incredibly stupid of a move. Spending effort to get the boxes back for: Bad PR + less coverage.

And it's not like the outlets won't just rebuy the console if they even want to cover your product anymore.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Guys. It's not Microsoft's fault. Xbox Brazil is a limited integration company and they can do whatever they want.

/s

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is wrong with this company, goddamn. What a ridiculous situation.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Always good to pull this kind of shit with people that can just get the consoles themselves to cover things and blow up on Twitter or whatever about what's going on.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox really gonna add more nations to the already rather long list of ones that are in "fuck that brand" territory? Except this time it's one of their best markets I believe too? Another case of me fully understanding if anyone from that market in the future doesn't want to give Xbox the time of day, same as I understand why plenty in Europe don't based on the shitty way they were treated in the past.

If you're going to raise the price like that the least you could do is take the pr hit you fucking babies.

Why do that? It seemed to work great for them last time they scored PR brownie points over price rises while other companies took heat for it and then they went and did it anyway.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XBox Brasil really need to be reigned in. They fuck up so much

Unfolded

Jun 27, 2023
the shit started to happen when xbox mexico took over xbox BR.

since it happened, xbox br went downhill...

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Microsoft: Sony keeps kicking our asses, what are we going to do!?

Randomly screw over people and get terrible PR with an action that anyone who thinks about it for 3 seconds would realize is a dumb idea...genius!

Seriously, the fuck, i know people say MS doesn't care about selling consoles anymore, but this is a move that makes me actually believe that.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh??? Is that real? Doesn't Phil Spencer visit Brazil soon or am I mistaken?
I think on the 29th of November, because the next Xbox FanFest is hosted in Brazil.
Sadly, it's far enough away that they could feasibly change plans and do it elsewhere. The crowd reaction would be really fun to see.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017