• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mark Cerny interview in video form, basically

Oh and...

2-A1-FA68-A-A1-AC-4205-A104-5-FED6-B98-BC38.jpg

Lol

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The console will be great, but we learned nothing new from this conference. They were extremely scarce with details.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely some weird wording going on with that 4x more powerful than Xbox One X. If it's purely CPU power then... 4x more powerful isn't that impressive - X1X is using a Jaguar CPU. I expect getting 4X more than that isn't hard at all. 4X more GPU power means 24 teraflops which.... Yeah no way.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I mean Xbox One X is 6TF performance, so 4x on GPU would mean 24Tflops which is completely unrealistic. So that has to be creative "accounting" going on here.
Performance is not tflops. There are many areas where they could improve with the number not being as much of a leap

But the guy in the video literally said the CPU is x4 more powerful than XB1X
I have to rewatch again. I got the impression they just said 4x the performance of X

Oct 27, 2017
The World
4x the power of the x1x is just a flat out lie which ever way you'd like to spin it.

24tf is twice as powerful as the 2080ti, let that sink in, a £500....ish console is twice as powerful as a £1200 gpu.

They did not say 4x as powerful as One X for the whole console. They said the CPU is 4x more powerful than the 1X.

Listen to the damn video people.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So, the next Xbox and PS5 are basically clones, right?
Seems like they'll be pretty close. That's to be expected considering how close the PS4 and Xbox One were, with the major difference stemming from the RAM configuration, a choice that Microsoft got wrong last time, but certainly weren't going to get wrong for this machine.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Phil Spencer: We've shown you 60 games...

Me: wait you did? Really?

Edit - whoops wrong thread

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are they arriving at 4x more powerful? Adding different stuff together somehow? Because there's no way it will be 24TF, lol.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
FP16. XBX doesn't support FP16, so a 12TF FP32 Navi GPU would be 24TF on FP16.

Edit: Alternatively, they could be using some CPU metric. There are many ways they could claim to be 4x as powerful at XBX that are realistic for a late 2020 console.

Yeah, everybody settle down, they meant it draws 4X more power from the wall socket. Nobody said nothing about more flops.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Mark Cerny just read off the Scarlett's specs in that interview.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So was 8K and 120 fps bullshit or will this be a lot better than Stadia without the input lag streaming introduces?

Because if next gen can out perform Stadia then what's the point of Stadia? More so when it looks like MS and Sony will also have streaming options
It's bs, just like PS5 claim. The amount of games that will be 8k120 can be counted on 1 hand, if that. It's just saying they could do that. It's just stating latest HDMI spec.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
So they didn't say they are making the most powerful console in the market this time hahaha

Looks like a stronger monster. I'm curious about the price of this thing.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's bullshit. It's not doing that natively on anything but a tech demo.

People need to stop eating it up.

Well bullshit or not, if it can out perform a Stadia unit in a data center then that still makes Stadia pretty pointless to me

All Stadia would have going for it is there no up front hardware cost

Also is Era being weirld and slow for anyone else right now?

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds mostly like what Sony had already announced about the PS5, minus intriguing custom SSD patents.

If they didn't mention TFLOPS everywhere like they did with the X, it means they won't have any significantly higher amount than PS5 and absolutely NOT 24 TF lmao, and the 4x is probably a guesstimation from CPU+RAM+GPU improvements.

Oh and...

Hahah, was waiting for that to pop up.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Do we have confirmation of game pass ultimate will include next gen games like the new Halo ?

Of course it will

Nothing is hitting 8k and 120 fps

Nobody made that claim...

Especially for the ones with HDMI 2.0 but not 2.1

Doesn't the LG C9 series support that? I could be wrong though...

So, the next Xbox and PS5 are basically clones, right?

PS4 and Xbox One have the same architecture. They aren't 'clones' by any stretch of the imagination.

The GTX 1070 and 1080Ti are the same GPU family. Way differing power levels.

Sinralus

Mar 22, 2019
So was 8K and 120 fps bullshit or will this be a lot better than Stadia without the input lag streaming introduces?

Because if next gen can out perform Stadia then what's the point of Stadia? More so when it looks like MS and Sony will also have streaming options

It will be around stadia levels. The 8k will be mostly older games with unlocked res or upscaled current gen.

Risk Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds mostly like what Sony had already announced about the PS5, minus intriguing custom SSD patents.

If they didn't mention TFLOPS everywhere like they did with the X, it means they won't have any significantly higher amount than PS5, and the 4x is a guesstimation from CPU+RAM+GPU improvements. Aka 1

Oh and...

Hahah, was waiting for that to pop up.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wonders if the 8K 120 is *when streaming from Xcloud.

Kind of like the One S can do 4K but only Blu-ray, not games.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
E3 is both the best and worst times on this forum. The hot takes are just embarrassing. Like middle school grade hot takes.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Performance is not tflops. There are many areas where they could improve with the number not being as much of a leap

I have to rewatch again. I got the impression they just said 4x the performance of X
They said, "From a pure processing perspective, this is 4x more powerful than the Xbox One X."

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny to read the old comments about how a next generation wasn't needed after the PS3/Xbox 360. Games continue to look and perform better. I'm looking forward to seeing both of the new consoles.