• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox/Gaming Division :

Thread for Microsoft as a whole :

Last edited:
Personal Computing Highlights
Oct 27, 2017
The World
E0AYO6UWQAgM0B8.jpg%3Alarge

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a solid result. Not bad but not earth shattering.

But it's a bit difficult to tell because slot of data is missing from the Xbox divisions like profits. Don't even have baseline data for the hw numbers.

MS numbers as a whole are bonkers as always.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is without Halo!

Gamepass sustaining Xbox! Killer app, holy shit!!

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like we're going to have to wait for the conference call for Game Pass figures.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yes ?
The results are much better but that's kinda expected during a system launch quarter compared to the final years of Xbox OneS/X.

Like +200% hw revenue is obviously a lot but at the same time they weren't selling that many system in the FY before the Series S/X launch to begin with.

I don't know whats your take on the numbers.. ? Since you seem so offended by mine.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Maybe this is isn't the right place to ask and I apologize if it isn't, but I have wondered recently how does the Gamepass business model work?

Do software developers get a royalty fee every time someone plays one of their games or Microsoft pays them a fixed fee for a license like Netflix does?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Maybe this is isn't the right place to ask and I apologize if it isn't, but I have wondered recently how does the Gamepass business model work?

Do software developers get a royalty fee every time someone plays one of their games or Microsoft pays them a fixed fee for a license like Netflix does?

This varies per game. Some get paid for engagement, some get a lumpsum. Some get a mix of both.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do note that from this quarter and moving forward, Zenimax revenue will be counted under the Xbox stats.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019

Lump sum + Engagement bonuses for the most part.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
15b in revenue for the xbox division in FY21. Did they say they say net income for xbox this fy as well?