LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Some additional games for the second half of May right before E3. I'm sure there'll be one big title included.

Damn E3 is creeping up on me this year. Really excited for the Microsoft press conference as Sony is taking the year off. Should be among the greats.

Holy cow, BDO being on there is super unexpected. I hope someone makes us a new general for it, because I'm surprised there's not more people talking about it.

I've never played the beta or the PC version, and was gifted the starter version from a friend. The combat is different for each character and there's a whole heck of a lot you can try out, especially over the last month here where they had all kinds of free loot they were handing out (Combat XP scrolls, the Hot Time Event where you get more XP, XP boosts for doing pretty much everything in the game, etc)

Getting up there to 50 is pretty easy, which opens up the end game kind of stuff that's really tough unless you really buckle down and get to 56/get your armor improved. There's this whole system of enchanting your armor to be better, repairing it, slotting in crystals, etc that is totally optional since you can either do that or spend your time doing other things like learning about different characters in the game, farming, fishing, exploring, etc. PVP is on after Lv 50 but your mileage may vary if you get attacked by idiots though.

I would say that it's almost "P2W proof" in a sense; you can buy stuff that improves your chances of getting better loot, or better enchanting chances but you still have to put in the physical leg work to get the item. There's a lot of cool stuff you can buy though like decorations for your house, pets that help giving you boosts/pick up drops, etc though.

Thanks for the write up! I've been close to buying it on several occasions. So I'll definetly jump in now that it's on Game Pass.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
As for Wolfenstein, the German versions of older titles despite new political circumstances haven't been patched yet, right? Might have to switch to another store then.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Oh, nice. I was putting off purchasing WarGroove due to some of the balance issues people were talking about, so it's nice to see that it'll be available for me to try out on Game Pass.
There are still some annoyances, but the addition of things like difficulty scales has helped quite a bit. That said, levels are still long, there are still no undos, and it is definitely possible to throw away an hour+ of otherwise excellent play with just one wrong move. Even so, it is a fantastic game that is well worth checking out (and sticking with for a few levels). Just be prepared for it to take a while to get going and also to play.

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
I'm having real difficulty keeping up with these games lol. Still to start Prey and RE5 and now they're dropping more on us! It's a good problem to have!

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for The Surge, even though I'm not a huge fan of Souls games. The aesthetic looks cool.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
There are still some annoyances, but the addition of things like difficulty scales has helped quite a bit. That said, levels are still long, there are still no undos, and it is definitely possible to throw away an hour+ of otherwise excellent play with just one wrong move. Even so, it is a fantastic game that is well worth checking out (and sticking with for a few levels). Just be prepared for it to take a while to get going and also to play.
Thanks for the info! Can you at least save mid-battle to somewhat mitigate the lack of an undo function?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the info! Can you at least save mid-battle to somewhat mitigate the lack of an undo function?
You mean like save scum? Not that I know of.. I believe it saves the most recent state on a continuous basis. Granted, I haven't gone back in the last couple weeks after rage quitting after one of these episodes and declared I would never go back. I will probably go back, but you know :p

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm down for The Surge, even though I'm not a huge fan of Souls games. The aesthetic looks cool.
Controls and combat is a little clunky, but the vibe is pretty cool. Main suggestion is to farm the early enemies so you learn how the combat works, specifically the limb cutting etc.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
You mean like save scum? Not that I know of.. I believe it saves the most recent state on a continuous basis. Granted, I haven't gone back in the last couple weeks after rage quitting after one of these episodes and declared I would never go back. I will probably go back, but you know :p
Haha. I know what you mean. Sometimes, you just need a break from a game, as well as a clean start.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How is BDO on One S?
Everything I've seen, which isn't much, it's from the beta, or from the X.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty excited to try the Surge. Will be my first Dark Soul-like game. World is super interesting to me.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I thought Black Desert Online was F2P. Or was that just the beta / early access?

Will give it a try for sure.

Oct 30, 2017
Can I just comment on how good Prey is? Like holy shit did I miss the boat on this. I just got past the Dr. Carvino mission and I am so enthralled. The story and atmosphere are top notch. Arkane Studios should be recognized as a top tier developer.