• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a pc only user who wants to subscribe to Gamepass to play Microsoft exclusive, the offer is rather poor. In example Microsoft could add Gow Ultimate and KI to the service, Gow is here for XBox but is missing for Win 10.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
As a pc only user who wants to subscribe to Gamepass to play Microsoft exclusive, the offer is rather poor. In example Microsoft could add Gow Ultimate and KI to the service, Gow is here for XBox but is missing for Win 10.

Yeah, but Gamepass hasn't officially launched for Windows 10 yet. I think it's going to happen with either Age of Empires 4 or Xbox BC coming to W10.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to play sherlock holmes for this months goal, then kept playing it to 1000 gs. These games are jank as all Hell, but I really like them for some reason. Ive played the last one before this. I really liked them both.

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to play sherlock holmes for this months goal, then kept playing it to 1000 gs. These games are jank as all Hell, but I really like them for some reason. Ive played the last one before this. I really liked them both.

Yeah, I enjoy playing these games as well.. Glad I'm getting to play The Devils Daughter on game pass.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I like Sherlock Holmes but damn if they don't make me dizzy as hell for some reason. Maybe I'm getting old

I'm glad devil's daughter is on gamepass because for some reason the game is crazy expensive here in Brazil and word of mouth says it's kinda crap so hey I'll get to play it without feeling stupid for buying it

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hope for NMS launching on Game Pass

That would be a fantastic move for both sides. After all the negativity surrounding the game and with such a delayed release, I'm not sure it'd sell that well on X1, but Game Pass would be the best way to allow everyone to give it a fair shot, without risking a major investment.

Either that or the game costs like 30 bucks at release.

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
No Man's Sky. As FairyEmpire and I Wanna Be That Guy said it won't sell too well with all the negativity around it. And the two year delay. But with Game Pass it could be the best for Microsoft and Hello Games

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if I ask here, but I'm missing 30 points to reach 500 points in the Microsoft Rewards.
https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

I did each available activity from the start of the month, and still I miss 30 points. Is this a normal thing (like I need to spend 30€ to get those missing points) or is there a way to get them for free? Any hope they will be added tomorrow?

Again sorry, I know this is not the right thread but I saw there are competent people here regarding Microsoft Rewards and this is the first month I'm doing it.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a few of Aprils gamepass games are up for download.

Grabbed Hunter Call of the wild, Clustertruck, Kingdom New Lands, and Late Shift.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if I ask here, but I'm missing 30 points to reach 500 points in the Microsoft Rewards.
https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

I did each available activity from the start of the month, and still I miss 30 points. Is this a normal thing (like I need to spend 30€ to get those missing points) or is there a way to get them for free? Any hope they will be added tomorrow?

Again sorry, I know this is not the right thread but I saw there are competent people here regarding Microsoft Rewards and this is the first month I'm doing it.
I'm iin the US but you should be able to reach your maximum points without purchasing anything. It's typically daily PC Bing searches, daily mobile Bing searches, using Microsoft Edge, and daily special clicks and quizzes.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
So which one do you guys would recommend to play first?

I already bought Cities Skylines so I already played it.

Kingdom is any good?

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh OK, so you probably need a user from your country who uses Microsoft Rewards because it sounds like yours is vastly different from ours.
Somehow when I checked the page from Edge and not from Chrome as usual I got a 200 points bonus, so now I am level 2.
Still there's no new task to do, I wodner how using Edge and Bing work, because I was using Edge for a couple of minutes before and I noticed it eats ram so much, in like 5 minutes I reached 1000mb of ram usage, which is insane.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man Xbox Customer service is awesome. They not only refunded me the £7.99 Game Pass charge but let me keep the next month because it was already tied to my account. And when I cancelled my XBL sub they even refunded me the entire £5.99 despite me using it for 2 weeks.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Cluster truck is amazing! Played it for like 3 hours straight last night. There's some really cool ways to beat the levels. I highly suggest it to ppl who like speed run games or games like super meat boy. Be prepared to try, try again. :p

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cluster truck is amazing! Played it for like 3 hours straight last night. There's some really cool ways to beat the levels. I highly suggest it to ppl who like speed run games or games like super meat boy. Be prepared to try, try again. :p

It's a hilarious and awesome game, except for the final level, which is straight up bullshit territory. To be fair I played it at launch, maybe they balanced it better, but it made me rage quit after a while.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
It's a hilarious and awesome game, except for the final level, which is straight up bullshit territory. To be fair I played it at launch, maybe they balanced it better, but it made me rage quit after a while.
I can imagine. I only got to the laser levels last night. The level I'm on was pretty hard tho. Some of the levels are really inventive. Looking forward to playing more after work today.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I finally used my free trial of Game Pass to play Sea of Thieves. I had some annual leave from work and wanted to dive right in.

After quickly realising that the beta(s) was pretty much the game, I decided to try a few other Game Pass games.

Over the last week ive played and finished:

Sherlock Holmes Devils Daughter - some decent mysteries to solve

Super Lucky's Tale - a solid platformer, really enjoyed it

Late Shift - an FMV game in 2018? It was fairly well done for what it is

Brothers: Tale of Two Sons - missed it previously and never bought in any of the sales. Great game.

The first 3 games id had one eye on hoping they would be a GwG title. I'd unlikely drop any significant money on them.

But Game Pass allowed to play through these games for 'free'.

I've also started Halo Wars DE (and have HW 2 downloaded ready), Braid (another 360 gem I missed), and re-picked up Recore (the HDR is spoiling it for me though).

Oh and Rime I've just finished chapter 2.

All this gaming for 'free'. Incredible value. I took advantage of the extra free month if I chose to auto renew, so got plenty of time to try out even more games and gems that I've missed.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I like Gamepass.

There are just too many games. I don't have nearly enough time to play all these games. I used to keep my backlog mostly in check by just being financially frugal and only buying games I was planning to play. Now, combining Gamepass with all the Games with Gold I have collected over the years.. and I don't think I'll ever get the time to play everything I want to play. This is unacceptable!

Wont Microsoft think of the people with no free time! :'(

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get into city skilines with a controller. To bad.
Go and give me M/KB support or make the windows 10 version part of Game Pass

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get into city skilines with a controller. To bad.
Go and give me M/KB support or make the windows 10 version part of Game Pass
I played more than 120 hours on PC and found that the controller was very well implemented in the console version.
I now play the console version more often in a casual way (the lack of gameplay mods helps I guess).

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded Clustertruck and Cities.

Was tempted to grab cities since it was on sale but I'm expecting it to stay in game pass for a while.

It's so addictive. I wish it was play anywhere, though.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck. Cities on console and it plays smooth as butter in the X. I know it's not X enhanced but the CPU boost is helping a lot there.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Played theHunter over the weekend and I think I love it haha.

Now on Sunday, I clocked maybe 10 hours, finding a couple deers and killing one of them.

But that didn't matter as I loved the crackling of twigs under my feet, the way the ambience was enhanced by my headphones aswell.

Plus, game looks amazing on X and I don't mind it being 30fps because I could wander in that world without seeing animals for hours.

But I am learning to crouchwalk everywhere and find Deer by sneaking up on them.

Even thinking if I ever do all the missions on the 2 50 square-kilometre maps there are in the base game (which I have only started to pay attention to), I'll buy the DLC easily.

People might question how a Vegan can enjoy a hunting game, but I'm like "Eh, I shoot people in games all the time, don't mean I wanna kill people in real life."

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
I tried Clustertruck but it made me feel super nauseous (and that doesn't usually happen to me).

Looking forward to playing late shift, nothing like chilling out to a sega CD-style fmv game.

Status
Not open for further replies.