• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
assuming the xbox one console of the account that is linked to the gamepass subscription is set as the "Home console", would the gamepass games be playable offline on that console?

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Late Shift was pretty fun with nice production values and decent acting. The only thing that annoyed me was the stuttering occasionally, I guess when it was getting close to decision branches.

On my first blind playthrough, I got this ending:

May-Ling and Matt get paid, and Parr gets carted off by the Tchoi henchman. Not bad!

I used this guide for the rest of the achievements:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679498

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man, my ending to the Late Shift fucked me up. I thought I did everything right but
May ended up getting killed and Matt got framed for it.

My wife and I were sad by how it ended. Sucks that you can't pick the game up from a certain chapter. Wasn't about to play through 40 minutes again.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have installed so many games via Gamepass. I wish I could filter the installed games down as Game Pass versions.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have installed so many games via Gamepass. I wish I could filter the installed games down as Game Pass versions.

We need all kinds of filters, really. I love trying out those Creators Program games, but I really wouldn't mix most of those with the "regular" ones. The games tab really needs ways to filter games freely, but even an ownership tag would be nice: eg. is the game GWG, EA Access, Game Pass? Which profile owns it? Etc..

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
oh no NOT LUMO!!!!! i'm cancelling my subscription right now

Nice to see there's not a minimum required number of games leaving. The last batches were somewhat big, so seeing only three games (that i dont care) leaving is good.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, but remind me. If I grab those games now, I can still download them 'forever' as long as I am a Xbox Game Pass sub, right?

No, games that leave the service leave the service for good. Just like a previously avaliable movie/serie on netflix, you cant watch them once they're out. You never "bought" them so its not like delisted games leaving the store but still being downloadable if youre thinking that way.

These 2k games are usually taken out for the new version to take their place though, if you're worried about that

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Good tip! Curious, maybe the 20% is only available on console, but on Microsoft's website, Sea of Thieves shows as $59.99 still, even when adding to my cart.
To clarify,

Before 30 days on gamepass, 0% off
After 30 days on gamepass, 10% off
After 90 days on gamepass, 20% off

What you can take from this is that a game will be there at least 90 days when added to the service.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Good tip! Curious, maybe the 20% is only available on console, but on Microsoft's website, Sea of Thieves shows as $59.99 still, even when adding to my cart.

I dont think the website can recognize if you're part of gamepass or not for the value preview. better to buy it on console just to be safe

Also if you're talking about adding to cart maybe youre using Microsoft's site instead of the xbox store?

To clarify,

Before 30 days, 0% off
After 30 days, 10% off
After 90 days, 20% off

oh, didnt knew about this

Oct 28, 2017
WWE 2K17 is such an unintuitive mess of a game to attempt to play, and it doesn't even have a tutorial! I will not miss it. What the hell happened to wrestling games? They were easy to get in to when I was a kid. I thought these were aimed at kids? How is a kid supposed to figure out how to play that?

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WWE 2K17 is such an unintuitive mess of a game to attempt to play, and it doesn't even have a tutorial! I will not miss it. What the hell happened to wrestling games? They were easy to get in to when I was a kid. I thought these were aimed at kids? How is a kid supposed to figure out how to play that?

Absolutely agree. It's baffling from the first menu - where you're given Exhibition, WWE Universe, WWE Superstar, My Career... I was baffled. No explanation about any of it.

I tried one game and had no idea what was going on. The use of reversals to turn the tide was a great idea but I could never get one in. WWE games don't capture the 'wrestling entertainment' aspect, only the wrestling.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've played a ridiculous amount of robocraft, but I'm really disappointed that the game hasn't changed from the beta.

I was at least hoping for a free-for-all type game mode with no regen.

Late shift is a great 'game' to play with your other half or when you have a friend round. The story is actually quite interesting and my son and wife were shouting at me to run everytime I had a choice.

Going to try out a couple more games at the weekend.

I've put sea of thieves on hold until the next update. I don't want to get burnt out on that one.

State of Decay 2 and sea of thieves 'post update' will take up a lot of my time next month...a lot.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long is brothers? I'm right around the giant but I uninstalled for space, I kinda wanna run through it after I finish LiS.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
huh ? is it just here or i was sleeping on it? bomberman battlefest stealth added?

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
i'm kind of downloading it right now

bomberman battlefest is a 360 game though, not bomberman R

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
oh no NOT LUMO!!!!! i'm cancelling my subscription right now

Nice to see there's not a minimum required number of games leaving. The last batches were somewhat big, so seeing only three games (that i dont care) leaving is good.
Lumo is brilliant. I love that game, takes me back to the days of isometric adventures on the C64 and Speccy. I'd already bought it on PS4 long ago though.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
are the quests where u are actually guaranteed things completely gone now? Last I checked it was just a sweepstakes entry you could win

Status
Not open for further replies.