Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Just played through the first chapter of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and throughout the whole thing there was a blue buffering type circle in the bottom right corner. Every time I went to save the game during the chapter a box popped saying "Just a moment. Waiting for connection" (or something like that), and it would just stay there, not actually letting me save.

I've not experienced anything like that on any of the Yakuza games (or Judgment which I just finished last week) on the PS4. Anybody had the same thing? Really odd.

I'm hoping it auto-saved at the end of the chapter.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
Had a quick flick through the new additions for the xbox pass. Will probably give Man of Medan a whirl given its not exactly a long game. Probably will also download Darksiders Genesis given how much good stuff ive heard from that.

As for the indies, Xeno Crisis (Artstyle, gameplay and even the name of the developers giving me major Amiga vibes which I love) and Trailmakers (Could be fun) i'll download. As for "It Lurks Below" and "Undermine"... Pass. Games Pass already has what feels like 101 random procedure generated dungeon games and given I dont like that sort of thing, probably wont get along with those two either.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Darksiders genesis had better combat feel and hit feedback. Plus a 60 fps mode on X. It's a bit worse than I was expecting but at least it looks nice in 4k and exploration is good (when you have the abilities to reach where you need).

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just played through the first chapter of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and throughout the whole thing there was a blue buffering type circle in the bottom right corner. Every time I went to save the game during the chapter a box popped saying "Just a moment. Waiting for connection" (or something like that), and it would just stay there, not actually letting me save.

I've not experienced anything like that on any of the Yakuza games (or Judgment which I just finished last week) on the PS4. Anybody had the same thing? Really odd.

I thought that was the auto-save icon. I'm only a few chapters in myself. Had a weird situation where I encountered massive slowdown just running around in Kamurocho, and there was a weird graphical glitch on the red banners to the right of the Millenium Tower. It eventually stopped after I moved back to Sotenbori for a bit (gotta level up my hostesses)

Anyway, I hope your progress was saved!

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm really liking UnderMine - super fun roguelike like The Binding of Isaac but without all the crazy pickups the game doesn't explain.

There is some unexplained obscure stuff but not a lot.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I tried both Minit and Xeno Crisis over the weekend after I finished played that Avengers beta. Didn't really care for either of them. Xeno Crisis was kind of fun, but didn't like having to start over from the very beginning when you ran out of lives.

I downloaded DarkSiders Genesis and will probably try it later today

Oct 28, 2017
I thought that was the auto-save icon. I'm only a few chapters in myself. Had a weird situation where I encountered massive slowdown just running around in Kamurocho, and there was a weird graphical glitch on the red banners to the right of the Millenium Tower. It eventually stopped after I moved back to Sotenbori for a bit (gotta level up my hostesses)

Anyway, I hope your progress was saved!

It wasn't. Luckily if you skip the cutscenes it doesn't take long to finish chapter one.

I can't make out what happened. I searched for a few minutes on Google and there's not a single mention of it.

The blue ring being auto-save makes sense. Weird that it just freaked out like that.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Did Until Dawn play just like Man of Medan? I can't remember but I'm finding movement and walking animations incredibly awkward here. They almost walk around like brain dead zombies. It's not fluid or natural at all.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Did Until Dawn play just like Man of Medan? I can't remember but I'm finding movement and walking animations incredibly awkward here. They almost walk around like brain dead zombies. It's not fluid or natural at all.
They play similarly but Until Dawn has a good story, good actors, better exploration, better dialogue, varied environments and a good atmosphere. Just finished Man of Medan and I did not like it at all. Sloooow exploration, stiff animations, mixed acting, not scary, uninteresting story, too unforgiving QTEs, texture pop-ins, frequent load screens and performance issues (OG Xbox).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Genisis is pretty boring. Thought it would be an interesting spin on a loot game but the combat is iffy, controls are so so and the combat flow is not fun. Wasted opportunity.

UnderMine on the other hand is great fun but god-damn the jumping mechanic is shitty. lol.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Genisis is pretty boring. Thought it would be an interesting spin on a loot game but the combat is iffy, controls are so so and the combat flow is not fun. Wasted opportunity.

UnderMine on the other hand is great fun but god-damn the jumping mechanic is shitty. lol.
I loved genesis best DS imho 😅

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Carrion, and I found the experience to be mostly okay. I think the game starts off strong, but it just fizzled out for me by the end of it.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like it was based on memory. Kind of stood out in my play through way back.
They play similarly but Until Dawn has a good story, good actors, better exploration, better dialogue, varied environments and a good atmosphere. Just finished Man of Medan and I did not like it at all. Sloooow exploration, stiff animations, mixed acting, not scary, uninteresting story, too unforgiving QTEs, texture pop-ins, frequent load screens and performance issues (OG Xbox).
I guess I must have been really forgiven of the controls when UD came out cause I really I enjoyed it. But yeah just finding the controls very stiff here which is hurting the immersion. Otherwise seems ok so far but not very far really.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I guess I must have been really forgiven of the controls when UD came out cause I really I enjoyed it. But yeah just finding the controls very stiff here which is hurting the immersion. Otherwise seems ok so far but not very far really.

It's been a long time since I played UD, but I remember thinking something similar. I think the movement was similar but Man of Medan seemed like it had stiffer control and animations. It definitely had a much smaller budget than UD did

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
A warning for anyone who's interested in playing Xeno Crisis:

There are multiple endings and which one you get is tied to both the difficulty you choose and how many elixirs (continues) you use. Hard difficulty with no elixirs is the best ending. Easy difficulty with no elixirs is the good ending. Use any elixirs on either Hard or Easy and you get the bad ending, because surprise: The elixirs actually contain nanomachines that allow the final boss to control your nervous system. If you used even a single one, you die right before the final battle. Game Over. Hope you had fun.

Actually a pretty good game up to that point but those final moments absolutely soured me on the experience.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Still making my way through CrossCode, got distracted by UnderMine though.

Pretty fun game to pick up for a few runs when I'm strapped for time.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Still making my way through CrossCode, got distracted by UnderMine though.

Pretty fun game to pick up for a few runs when I'm strapped for time.
I need to get back to CrossCode. I'm really hooked by UnderMine atm tho. I don't even normally play those types of games. It's very good.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Undermine was really fun for a few hours but now it's getting repetitive in a way I don't recall other rogue likes doing. I made it to the Dungeon and everything is progressing at a slow pace, yet each run is getting longer and longer. Anyone else stick with it longer and have tips on how to keep it interesting?

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Undermine was really fun for a few hours but now it's getting repetitive in a way I don't recall other rogue likes doing. I made it to the Dungeon and everything is progressing at a slow pace, yet each run is getting longer and longer. Anyone else stick with it longer and have tips on how to keep it interesting?
save up for the bomb upgrade, then you'll be able to warp straight to the dungeon, by destroying the blocks in the first room in goldmine 1

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Was close to finishing Yoku in one day of play, will wrap it up after work today. Very charming game that doesn't overstay its welcome and provides a neat spin on the metroidvania formula. I'm glad there's pretty much no fail state for dropping in the gutter because some of the pinball challenges took me longer than I'd like to admit. There's this spider boss that isn't hard by itself, but if you drop in the gutter you drop down one level and have to make it up there again with a very precise hit. Sometimes it felt like I hit those targets out of luck and not because I timed it well, altough I did get better at that. I will say I enjoyed the overall world design, cute characters and neat way of fast travel more than the pinball challenges. The map has just the right size too. I was expecting some kind of boost ball upgrade for overworld travel alone but no such luck.

I was lttp on this since it's about to leave the service, but if this goes on a deep sale elsewhere I'll probably buy it to maybe replay or show to friends.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I tried twice to enjoy Yoku but it just isn't for me: the ball/character moves so slow when not pinballing and everything seems to be based on pinball, which for starters I don't like. It's not like Creature in the Well where your character moves normally in an isometric plane and then puzzles and etc are done with pinball mechanics; Yoku is literally a pinball game with some in between traversal (slow), on top of a metroidvania schema with backtracking (which gives the impression of being slow plus also relying on pinball which, again, I wasn't enjoying).

The game is charming and the background music is really nice, but I can't get past the mechanics (which work well enough for sure, but it's not for me).

It's a bit of a shame for me because I always want more metroidvania(like)s in the service, yet there are some that I don't play in the end, lol. I just hope for Blasphemous, which is currently NOT on sale on xbox.

Also, I tried Undermine yesterday for a half hour session (which of course ended up extending into the full hour) and it's weird. There's easy progression in terms of perrmanent upgrades to buy, starting cheap, but the gains are very little. You can't attack while jumping and it looks horrible when you jump, plus there's no evade or block. It's a bit too simple mechanically. You can easily get to a proper boss (sandworm) but it destroys you in a second, while you didn't do any damage, and if it's because of progression, well, then it should be harder arriving to it (unless it is meant for later and you should take another less obvios path first). The game seems like good mindless fun anyway, but having played very little if feels like I've already seen most of it in terms of items and mechanics.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Finishing up Devil May Cry 5 before it leaves Game Pass. Great game!
Yeah just finished my replay of it and liked it even better than the first time around. Now i would even call it my favorite in the series. Just a phenomenal game.

Still playing Children of Morta. I'm in the last section of the last dungeon i think. The game has been a blast. I remember when it was first announced it became immediately one of my most anticipated games at the time because of it's gorgeous art style. I had pretty high expectations for it and now that i'm playing it i can say it surpassed them with ease. I'm just happy it turned out so well

Segaswirl

Feb 5, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland.

I don't think it's a very good port, I mean it's fine but not as good as it could have been. It buzzed and crashed to the dashboard a few times for me when I had it on my external hard drive. When I then put it on the internal hard drive it was more stable but it still crashed twice on one of the bouncer missions, both times in the exact same spot while doing a heat action. Although on both those times instead of it crashing to the dashboard it caused the power light to flash and shut off the console entirely.

I had the message "waiting for connection" a couple of times when trying to save but it went away after a split second.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to play Creature in the well and quite enjoy it for the moment. Considering buying it full price as I don't think they made much money with this game.

I tried twice to enjoy Yoku but it just isn't for me: the ball/character moves so slow when not pinballing and everything seems to be based on pinball, which for starters I don't like. It's not like Creature in the Well where your character moves normally in an isometric plane and then puzzles and etc are done with pinball mechanics; Yoku is literally a pinball game with some in between traversal (slow), on top of a metroidvania schema with backtracking (which gives the impression of being slow plus also relying on pinball which, again, I wasn't enjoying).

How's Creature in the Well then? Worth playing? Did you finish it?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Yeah just finished my replay of it and liked it even better than the first time around. Now i would even call it my favorite in the series. Just a phenomenal game.

Still playing Children of Morta. I'm in the last section of the last dungeon i think. The game has been a blast. I remember when it was first announced it became immediately one of my most anticipated games at the time because of it's gorgeous art style. I had pretty high expectations for it and now that i'm playing it i can say it surpassed them with ease. I'm just happy it turned out so well

It really is. I played 4 last year and I can see myself going back to 5's missions again and again. Will definitely buy when it leaves Game Pass.

Children of Morta is also high on my list, though I've always wondered if that one is a better solo or coop experience? What do you think? Been going back and forth whether to choose this game or Darksiders Genesis with an upcoming gaming night with a friend. We've always enjoyed the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light type of experiences in couch coop more than, say, Diablo III.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It really is. I played 4 last year and I can see myself going back to 5's missions again and again. Will definitely buy when it leaves Game Pass.

Children of Morta is also high on my list, though I've always wondered if that one is a better solo or coop experience? What do you think? Been going back and forth whether to choose this game or Darksiders Genesis with an upcoming gaming night with a friend. We've always enjoyed the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light type of experiences in couch coop more than, say, Diablo III.
I didn't try co-op so i can't tell how well it will play when it comes to balancing and such. It's a rogue lite, which means you will always have to start the level from the beginning until you beat the boss. But you can buy a lot of upgrades that carry over from run to run It also has lots of story content and nice character moments each run so you won't get bored of it. If you want to constantly progress like in BG: Dark Alliance this might not the game to play with your friend.

Last edited:

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find any info on this, but when Cloud Gaming launches next month, is it only on Android? Can you also stream on PC?

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019

Can't argue with this. I think it's a bad game? I'm almost done with it but that opinion hasn't changed yet.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sort of on and off topic.. Does anyone know if there's a way ato assemble a list of the following games?

Cross play between xbox and pc
On console AND pc gamepass* includes free games too e. G. base destiny.
Fun

Not sure where to start on making it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I think I enjoyed Man of Medan more than most, but yeah, if Little Hope is about the same quality wise I'm pretty confident in saying that I think it would have been better overall had they just focused on one big project vs all of these smaller pseudo-episodic ones. I appreciate the experimental nature of what they are doing, but I do think it probably stretched everything a little too thin in the end.

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
How's Creature in the Well then? Worth playing? Did you finish it?
I have not finished it yet because I went on holidays but I plan to finish it later.
Not the indie game of the year, but I still recommend it, it s quite fun even it is not really a pinball gameplay. A bit repetitive but the game seems quite short.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Undermine... but how the fuck are you supposed to keep up with the difficulty curve in the second level? The dungeon is so much harder - they'll throw like 4-5 overpowered guys at you at once. I can't crack it.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Undermine is great, not sure how I'm supposed to beat this first boss though lol. Seems like I have a lot of grinding to do to build up my character.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
I really like Undermine... but how the fuck are you supposed to keep up with the difficulty curve in the second level? The dungeon is so much harder - they'll throw like 4-5 overpowered guys at you at once. I can't crack it.
I did some heavy grinding. I've found it best to always select dungeon 1 (don't skip). As you can make the most money that way. It's annoying as I shouldn't have to go that route to make money though.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I did some heavy grinding. I've found it best to always select dungeon 1 (don't skip). As you can make the most money that way. It's annoying as I shouldn't have to go that route to make money though.
Yeah, after the sand boss I feel like it necessitates a few hours of grinding. And even then you'll hit a random area with 2 mages, 2 witches and bugs that absolutely wrecks you. Rough stuff.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Yeah, after the sand boss I feel like it necessitates a few hours of grinding. And even then you'll hit a random area with 2 mages, 2 witches and bugs that absolutely wrecks you. Rough stuff.
Yeah I really hate the little worms that shoot the spikes when in a room with mages etc.. I think my least favorite is a room with like 20 spiders that rush you as soon as you walk in.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Can't argue with this. I think it's a bad game? I'm almost done with it but that opinion hasn't changed yet.
Appreciate the impressions. Any of you try that Blair Witch game by any chance? Not quite the same, but it caught my eye and I was wondering.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the Game Pass version of Undermine can randomly delete your save, lost a few hours of progress yesterday. Dev is aware and 'investigating'.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I've been subscribed to regular Game Pass for a long time. My Gold sub finally ran out. If I buy a 12 month gold sub (for $60), and then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate, am I correct that the 12 month gold sub will automatically convert to Game Pass Ultimate, saving me $10 a month for the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.