• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
So Bomberman Battlefest was de-listed from Game Pass last week (Boo!). My paetnpa loves the game and I wonder if it was removed because of the launch of Bomberman R?

Yet the copy I downloaded still works at least for now. So what happens now? Is it still working because:

1: It's an Xbox 360 game and like the 360 games on GWG don't have separate authentication so if it's installed, it'll work (So don't delete the game or else!)

2: There's a cool off period where the game works and it'll stop working?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Bomberman Battlefest was de-listed from Game Pass last week (Boo!). My paetnpa loves the game and I wonder if it was removed because of the launch of Bomberman R?

Yet the copy I downloaded still works at least for now. So what happens now? Is it still working because:

1: It's an Xbox 360 game and like the 360 games on GWG don't have separate authentication so if it's installed, it'll work (So don't delete the game or else!)

2: There's a cool off period where the game works and it'll stop working?

Interesting, we should do some tests next time they take away some 360 titles. Enjoy the game while you can though, worst case scenario it's 10 bucks and it goes on sale sometimes as well (it was 2.49 a while ago I think).

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Strangely enough I was also still able to start removed Game Pass titles like Sacred 3, Borderlands or Bound by Flame, all of them are 360 games. Didn't work for Xbox One titles like Mad Max though. Has anybody else noticed this? We probably shouldn't be waking up sleeping dogs though...

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Strangely enough I was also still able to start removed Game Pass titles like Sacred 3, Borderlands or Bound by Flame, all of them are 360 games. Didn't work for Xbox One titles like Mad Max though. Has anybody else noticed this? We probably shouldn't be waking up sleeping dogs though...
I'll try those games too as I have them on my account also.

Could be an interesting bug of game pass is that for 360 games they can de list them but not revoke access.

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
I am seeing some of the Game Pass games that were previously removed (D4, Iron Brigade, Joe Danger 2, Monday Night Combat, N+) back on the list of available games. Were there ever any announcements of them coming back? Strange for sure.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'll try those games too as I have them on my account also.

Could be an interesting bug of game pass is that for 360 games they can de list them but not revoke access.

I don't think it's a bug so much as it is a limitation of the system. Like you said above, same reason GwG outright give you 360 games. They don't seem to have a way to revoke 360 access with the way their architecture is set up.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
On a scale of 1 - 10, how bad is Disneyland Adventures? I keep hovering over it, but can't bring myself to download.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, just a single 34 year old male haha

But I LOVE theme parks so I may try this just to get my fix, even if I'm using the term very loosely.

Well if you already have the subscription, check it out. If you love the parks/disney at all its actually a pretty fun game to play for a bit.

They did an almost 1:1 re-creation of Disneyland for the game

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Is there a consensus on which Fable game is the best....?

Kinda dabbled in them but never went too far, thinking of downloading one.
2 is probably my favorite, has the sweet spot of just enough to do and a good story. 1 feels dated compared to 2 and 3 but has a better story. 3 has probably the worst story but more to do (good and bad).

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Does anyone know if GamePass only restricted to Play Anywhere titles on PC, or only specific video games?
Because I had a problem with the MS store not being able to install Halo Wars 2 on PC, it was just kept giving me "Install on Xbox" option, and even though it's part of the game pass catalog there is no subscript in the store that says "free with gamepass".

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
currently sitting on 4 6 month cards for game pass, had heard that each of these is actually 7 months because they give you a bonus month, is this true?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
I bought 2 of those 6 month passes on sale. Can I redeem both today for 1 year? Or do I wait until 6 months from now to redeem the second?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if GamePass only restricted to Play Anywhere titles on PC, or only specific video games?
Because I had a problem with the MS store not being able to install Halo Wars 2 on PC, it was just kept giving me "Install on Xbox" option, and even though it's part of the game pass catalog there is no subscript in the store that says "free with gamepass".

theres like 5 versions of halo wars 2 on PC

just use the store search, you'll find it......I had the same issue with Forza and Gears as well......had to search a few SKU's to find the "free" one

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up playing Disneyland Adventures for about 3 hours last night.

It has its charms there's no denying, I can't see myself wanting to go back on it to be honest. Once you've had your photo taken with 6 or 7 characters, got their autograph, the novelty starts to wear off a bit. It has painfully slow loading times, and even just transitioning to using items such as the camera takes so long. Some of the mini games are better than the others, Alice in Wonderland and the Haunted Mansion I thought were actually pretty decent, but they're so very basic.

The game does have a crazy amount of things to find and see, maybe a little too much, and the game does do an excellent job of recreating the atmosphere of the park, I was almost convinced I was back in Florida for a slight moment.

But, it's just not a good game. I can imagine young children absolutely adoring it though.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
That warhammer game looks cool, I know absolutely nothing about warhammer and I hadn't even seen gameplay before I watched a trailer this morning. Do I need to know anything about the series before I play it?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they put Rage (the first one) in. I want to play it but really don't want to buy it lol

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
for me, the "hardcore" type person its like a 2 or 3...if you got drunk or high with some friends tho the game is like an 8 or 9. Its funny af if you are drunk or just in that state at which you can laugh at anything.
On a scale of 1 - 10, how bad is Disneyland Adventures? I keep hovering over it, but can't bring myself to download.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Having never played a Devil May Cry game, enjoying DmC on GamePass quite a bit.

I kinda want to try it. I just know now that there will never be a sequel so I wonder if the game is self contained or if it ends on a cliff hanger where it leaves me wanting a sequel. If it's the former and it's self contained then I would love to try it but I feel like I'll get annoyed if it ends on a cliff hanger.

Dragonelite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Uuhm hope this is the right place, but are games pass codes region free or locked? So let's say I buy a game pass code on the German or ik Amazon site I can use it here in the Netherlands?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I kinda want to try it. I just know now that there will never be a sequel so I wonder if the game is self contained or if it ends on a cliff hanger where it leaves me wanting a sequel. If it's the former and it's self contained then I would love to try it but I feel like I'll get annoyed if it ends on a cliff hanger.
It works as a self contained sorry with a heavy tease for a sequel. I loved it and don't feel bad that their won't be a second

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Guys Fh4 and Gears 5 both look AAA quality game with expensive games with big budget nd all. Do you think putting these games in game pass day one will hurt them badly in sales and then MS will start putting studios to chopping block ?

I fear NT games will not make much money to MS but will be very expensive as they like to use cutting edge motion capturing nd all. If they failed in delivering successful games through game pass then NT will be shut down .That's my fear.

No absolutely not. Can't look at these things in a vacuum. Even if the sales projections don't balance out due to Game Pass, it's out one category and into the next on their accounting balance sheet.

Microsoft wants to get the Game Pass snowball rolling. A bunch of people forgoing $60 purchased for $10 monthly subscriptions is going to lead to many customers who stick for years as a result and it's also marketing to gain future Game Pass customers. It's more people playing their games and that has a snowball effect. Improves the brand recognition of Xbox, Game Pass and whichever IP is hot. Leads to other monitization opportunities.

If Game Pass meant Gears sales were cut in half but they increased Game Pass subscriptions while Gears had 10 million unique gamers try it out, that's a win.

People will still buy it on PC or because they like to own things. I recently purchased 2 years of Game Pass yet struggle with the idea of not owning the next Halo.

Oct 28, 2017
This afternoon I decided to download Resident Evil 6. I've heard nothing but bad things but thought I may as well give it a go and see for myself.
Upon entering the Game Pass section I notice a message saying "3 games leaving on 30/6" and lo and behold Resident Evil 6 is one of the 3.

Bloody typical!

Status
Not open for further replies.