Sim

Oct 25, 2017
damn i didn't realize ashen, x-com with a duck, and below were on this

this is some surprisingly good shit

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally caved and got gamepass after The Game Awards. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4, Ashen and I knew Below would be out soon (today). I think my first month is $1. So, value!

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
OKay .... so I finally got to sit down and play some GamePass games. I got my external HD and installed Ashen, Below, Mutant Year Zero and Recore. I tried them all .....

Ugh, Analysis Paralysis!! I liked them all! I think right now I am going with MYZ.

Man, GamePass is a STEAL.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
If at all possible, play Hellblade with headphones. Probably the most intense aural experience I've had in gaming.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This wave of games has been insane. Below, Ashen, Kingdom Two Crowns, Strange Brigade and Mutant Year Zero are fantastic. I need to play Mud Runner at some point too.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Played an hour of Hellblade. Not digging it so far. Feels like another Walking sim for me.

Got kinda sick of them.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love gamepass. Ashen is a slay, and Strange Brigade is a slight bop, yet somewhat of a basique slay.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing more Game Pass games than stuff I've actually bought like RDR2 and FH4.

I hope January is a shite month, lol.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm playing more Game Pass games than stuff I've actually bought like RDR2 and FH4.

I hope January is a shite month, lol.
For reference, January this year wasn't bad at all. We had GOAT Bayonetta, DMC4, Injustice and more. I'm certainly intrigued how on earth they're going to follow up December though, it's been an insane month for day one launches on the service. I imagine January will be just back catalogue stuff.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For reference, January this year wasn't bad at all. We had GOAT Bayonetta, DMC4, Injustice and more. I'm certainly intrigued how on earth they're going to follow up December though, it's been an insane month for day one launches on the service. I imagine January will be just back catalogue stuff.

As Darksiders 3 is soon coming to Origin Access Premier (check the game's store page on Origin), maybe it will release early next year on game pass?

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Game Pass is really adding way too many games to my backlog. Nearly at 60K gamerscore and beating Below and Hellblade would definitely make me hit that goal.

About Hellblade, the combat is really basic so far. Atmosphere is pretty great, but really wished the game had more verticality instead of these circular arenas. Curious what route NT will take for their next project IF it's a hack&slash.

Ashen and Below are neat, but Kingdom Two Crowns definitely stole the show for me. In love with the game and i'll check out it's predecessor once i beat Two Crowns.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Don't sleep on Hellblade. Play it with a headset other than that don't even think of playing it

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Game Pass is really adding way too many games to my backlog. Nearly at 60K gamerscore and beating Below and Hellblade would definitely make me hit that goal.

About Hellblade, the combat is really basic so far. Atmosphere is pretty great, but really wished the game had more verticality instead of these circular arenas. Curious what route NT will take for their next project IF it's a hack&slash.

Ashen and Below are neat, but Kingdom Two Crowns definitely stole the show for me. In love with the game and i'll check out it's predecessor once i beat Two Crowns.
The combat gets better and more varied as the game progresses, but it's not great. Especially compared to DmC:DE, which nailed the combat IMHO. I'm not sure why they didn't just do a Platinum and take that and tweak it for other games, they could become a great action game studio on that basis.

Hellblade was just a little too slow and plodding for my liking, although the illusion puzzle stuff was clever. I hope their next game returns to their action roots.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
The combat gets better and more varied as the game progresses, but it's not great. Especially compared to DmC:DE, which nailed the combat IMHO. I'm not sure why they didn't just do a Platinum and take that and tweak it for other games, they could become a great action game studio on that basis.

Hellblade was just a little too slow and plodding for my liking, although the illusion puzzle stuff was clever. I hope their next game returns to their action roots.

I really liked DmC. Played it funnily through game pass as well and still holds up visually and gameplay wise really well. I think they'll go for a more Souls-like/GoW-like approach for their next game, but i definitely hope we see them pulling a Ninja Gaiden/DMC like game in the future.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I'm actually enjoying Hellblade. I think I didn't give it a fair shot when I originally played and I huffed and puffed like a whiney when doing the simple puzzles. My only issue is how slow I walk.

Philxor

Oct 27, 2017
Coventry, UK

Could not agree with this more. An entirely unexpected joy to play. I am really enjoying the learning curve and just when I think I have perfected what I am doing, I somehow ruin something else entirely. Restarted for the third time last night.

Haven't tucked into Below yet, but am sure I will...just after I get that bear mount again...

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Could not agree with this more. An entirely unexpected joy to play. I am really enjoying the learning curve and just when I think I have perfected what I am doing, I somehow ruin something else entirely. Restarted for the third time last night.

Haven't tucked into Below yet, but am sure I will...just after I get that bear mount again...

Kingdom Two Crowns caught me by surprise as well. I downloaded it out of curiosity. Didn't seem like my kind of game. Didn't know what the hell I was doing, what genre this was in or what the point was for awhile....but then 3 hours later I was thoroughly addicted. Has made me interested in this genre.

Philxor

Oct 27, 2017
Coventry, UK
Kingdom Two Crowns caught me by surprise as well. I downloaded it out of curiosity. Didn't seem like my kind of game. Didn't know what the hell I was doing, what genre this was in or what the point was for awhile....but then 3 hours later I was thoroughly addicted. Has made me interested in this genre.

Definitely getting to "just one more day/night cycle then looking at the time 3 hours later" territory. There is something maddeningly compelling about it. Have managed to make some hilarious mistakes as well. Got to a point on on the third island where I was in an eternal stalemate, so rebooted only to miss the stone age/quarry upgrade and so went BACK to the previous island only to find it utterly overrun with swarms of Greed and died almost instantly. I love how much of the mechanics are left entirely unexplained.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.