Naru

May 11, 2019
I started Jedi Survivor and I don't what what it is but something feels off. I play at 60 fps but it the character appears to animate at a lower frame rate or something like that. Feels weird.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I've completed FF7: Rebirth (I loved it) and it took longer than I thought and had a trip planned which means that I'm coming home on wedneday but I'm really (really) looking forward to Eiyuden and some other game pass titles but I've been unsubbed since winter. Checked gg.deal but nothing mindblowing was on offer. Before the sub ran out I've been constantly subbing for several years but not sure what I should do now. Do you guys go for a month when there's something good to play or is it worth it to stack up on core and go for 2-3 years?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Does anyone know how long it took Like a Dragon (Yakuza 7) to appear on Game Pass from its release date? I'm thinking of buying it on Steam since it's currently on sale, but I'd hate it if it's arriving on Game Pass in a few months lol

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a known bug or mode that prevents you from getting achievements in Norco?

Haven't unlocked a single one yet.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how long it took Like a Dragon (Yakuza 7) to appear on Game Pass from its release date? I'm thinking of buying it on Steam since it's currently on sale, but I'd hate it if it's arriving on Game Pass in a few months lol

Around 6~ish months

It got its Xbox release in Nov 2020 and was on Game Pass in one of the June 2021 drops IIRC.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021

yakuza 8 I think definitely a gamepass game (just a matter when), along with smt 5 and refantasy

but I think it will be longer than 6 month this time as gamepass isnt that aggresive anymore in scouting 3rd party AAA titles like previous years (sign of enshitification?)

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
Today marks the end of my cheap 3-year plan. o7

Not looking to renew soon, but what's currently the cheapest way to get GP Ultimate?

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
Yes that's the one. Hmmm, I was worried that maybe I was missing out on a hidden gem by skipping out on Road 96 and Road 96: Mile 0. Not sure yet it I'll play through those games. Thank you for helping me with the names.
Road 96 was a very good game. I can't compare to open roads as I didn"t played it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
loving Jedi Survivor except this horrible "dodge" coupled with bosses with literal 1 hit kills is getting real old real fast.

edit: well after a quick google, at least this boss is apparently infamous for it's shittiness.

Last edited:

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
loving Jedi Survivor except this horrible "dodge" coupled with bosses with literal 1 hit kills is getting real old real fast.
The dodge is ok at best so I've found that parrying/blocking is best unless it's a red attack. I love the game as well though.

Also, is FC24 (fifa) meant to come to game pass soon?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Around 6~ish months

It got its Xbox release in Nov 2020 and was on Game Pass in one of the June 2021 drops IIRC.

yakuza 8 I think definitely a gamepass game (just a matter when), along with smt 5 and refantasy

but I think it will be longer than 6 month this time as gamepass isnt that aggresive anymore in scouting 3rd party AAA titles like previous years (sign of enshitification?)
6-8 months will be great, but if it's on sale for 50% off on the summer sale, I might bite. I just love the series too much haha

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The dodge is ok at best so I've found that parrying/blocking is best unless it's a red attack. I love the game as well though.

this boss does red attacks 90% of the time, with so much delay and random patterns it would make Elden Ring bosses blush. If you know you know.

Im trying a cheese tactic and even that is failing.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
this boss does red attacks 90% of the time, with so much delay and random patterns it would make Elden Ring bosses blush. If you know you know.

Is it the frog that you get dropped onto along with some enemy drones? Because I started the game yesterday, beat another different optional boss too so I know the drill about insta-deaths, but that one is holy fucking shit what a fucking load of bullshit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is it the frog that you get dropped onto along with some enemy drones? Because I started the game yesterday, beat another different optional boss too so I know the drill about insta-deaths, but that one is holy fucking shit what a fucking load of bullshit.

yes.

When you google "jedi survivor" and immediatly the first things that come up are "jedi survivor frog" you know its some bullshit.

I finally got it with some ultra cheese AND he bugged out and started jumping around and barely attacking. I'll take it because that shit was abysmal.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017

Haha! I know exactly which boss you are talking about.
It's on ps+ from tomorrow so if guess it will be within the next week
I thought it would be but didn't know whether it being on ps+ would delay the release on gamepass.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I started Jedi Survivor and I don't what what it is but something feels off. I play at 60 fps but it the character appears to animate at a lower frame rate or something like that. Feels weird.

there are a TON of microstutters regardless of what my graphics settings are. constantly runs at 59FPS instead of 60 and it's visually off putting. Still a great game tho, just horrible optimizations

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Today marks the end of my cheap 3-year plan. o7

Not looking to renew soon, but what's currently the cheapest way to get GP Ultimate?
Same as usual. Get gold as cheap as possible and convert to ultimate. Be aware if you used any Brazil or Turkey vpn thing before they capped the amount you can add in those regions now

Oct 28, 2017
Same as usual. Get gold as cheap as possible and convert to ultimate. Be aware if you used any Brazil or Turkey vpn thing before they capped the amount you can add in those regions now
I don't know of any limits for Japan, the yen has tanked but thankfully for me as a resident MS haven't raised the price. Amazon jp sells 1 year core codes for around 4750 yen (31 USD)

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had a chance to check out Evil West and... it is not good. The combat feels so clunky. Bounced off it after 30 mins.

Another Crab's Treasure is great... with the assists on. Way too hard otherwise.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

edit: well after a quick google, at least this boss is apparently infamous for it's shittiness.

Dealing with this boss sold me on the Blaster stance lol

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
Eiyuden Chronicles Rising is really fun, wish I'd have jumped in before. Cant wait to play the full blown RPG now!

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Another Crab's Treasure yesterday.
Great game with some minor annoyances, but still, I had a ton of fun.

mightyrat

Sep 30, 2022
Finally had a chance to check out Evil West and... it is not good. The combat feels so clunky. Bounced off it after 30 mins.

Another Crab's Treasure is great... with the assists on. Way too hard otherwise.

I just finished Evil West and the controls took me half the game to get used to. A pity most of the achievement points are locked behind difficulty levels and specific boss requirements as well. Even the "unlock all skills" takes a walkthrough and multiple play throughs. Thought we were over locking stuff behind difficulty.

I was having fun with Another Crab's Treasure until I couldn't beat the bosses the game wanted me to beat, even after levelling a heap. Turned on accessabilities but just didn't feel right for this type of game, so I uninstalled.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Evil West and the controls took me half the game to get used to. A pity most of the achievement points are locked behind difficulty levels and specific boss requirements as well. Even the "unlock all skills" takes a walkthrough and multiple play throughs. Thought we were over locking stuff behind difficulty.

I was having fun with Another Crab's Treasure until I couldn't beat the bosses the game wanted me to beat, even after levelling a heap. Turned on accessabilities but just didn't feel right for this type of game, so I uninstalled.
Yeah I might be at the uninstall point for Crab too. The lack of a mission tab or detailed map grinds on me, in addition to the difficulty. Not having as much fun a couple hours in. Ah well.

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
hey, I have a three month trial of "calm" from my perks section. is it tied to my account already or can I give the link to someone that is actually interested in having it?

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kona II was added yesterday. I haven't played it myself, but I plan to in the near future. The first one worth playing.

It's weird, I had no idea the sequel even came out in October and I don't remember reading anything about trailers or anything on Era.

This is the only thread I found:
www.resetera.com

Kona II: Brume Announcement Trailer; Demo available now on Steam

https://youtu.be/VL8pJBb4bv0 "Kona II: Brume, the upcoming single-player first-person narrative-adventure game - and sequel to the celebrated Kona (both developed by Parabole and published by Ravenscourt) will immerse players directly into Detective Carl Faubert's investigation. Players who...

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Kona II was added yesterday. I haven't played it myself, but I plan to in the near future. The first one worth playing.

It's weird, I had no idea the sequel even came out in October and I don't remember reading anything about trailers or anything on Era.

www.resetera.com

https://youtu.be/VL8pJBb4bv0 "Kona II: Brume, the upcoming single-player first-person narrative-adventure game - and sequel to the celebrated Kona (both developed by Parabole and published by Ravenscourt) will immerse players directly into Detective Carl Faubert's investigation. Players who...

I've played 90 minutes-ish so far because I've been focusing on Jedi Survivor.

It seems pretty cool, the first main area you get to is massive and have been enjoying exploring it. Seems to run nicely on Series X too.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017

www.resetera.com

Thanks for this heads up, never thought I'd see a game that takes place in Northern Quebec.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Played a bit more Kona 2 and it can be pretty annoying. The map is next to useless and the mansion is huge so it's so easy to get lost.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Played a bit more Kona 2 and it can be pretty annoying. The map is next to useless and the mansion is huge so it's so easy to get lost.
I'm having fun with it, the map usually marks the location you need to direct next, but from time to time yeah, you get lost when you need a tool. The map marks pretty much everything anyway, including bonfires, locked locations etc.
I'm liking it.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Had a brief play of Little Kitty, Big City and it's a very charming and chill experience. A nice diversion from the world of Fallout 3!

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Is playing through all of Botany manor worth it ? I did the first chapter and while the atmosphere is nice, I find myself un-engaged in the game to an extent I might fall asleep lol.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm having fun with it, the map usually marks the location you need to direct next, but from time to time yeah, you get lost when you need a tool. The map marks pretty much everything anyway, including bonfires, locked locations etc.
I'm liking it.

I needed to go back down into the basement and couldn't remember where it was. The stairs weren't marked so I looked for a while before lining up both maps to see the stair case I needed

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Is playing through all of Botany manor worth it ? I did the first chapter and while the atmosphere is nice, I find myself un-engaged in the game to an extent I might fall asleep lol.
i liked it but thats the game, sobre of the later puzles are more elaborate but if you are not vibing with it at this point im not sure you will change your mind

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
This period(starting after MLB The Show) has been the lowest for day one releases in a while. Little Kitty is fine but probably not going to finish it. Bring on Senua's Saga.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
We should get a post next week, right? Not sure how much we're gonna end up getting. Four games are already known:

Hellblade 2
Galacticare
Hauntii
Humanity