SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This is a slightly different circumstance though, because only the Ultimate Edition is native on next-gen, and I'd think they might want that!

True, but the thing is that the UE is just the base games + DLC. From a technical point alone, there is no reason why they can't have the normal game on gamepass with the next gen upgrades when they come. Which is one of the reasons so many people were upset with 505 for not giving the upgrade for all Control owners (or at least allow an upgrade for a fee).

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Hopefully it's the Series X version of Control, not the regular one that 505 & Remedy just chose not to give out the update to out of greed.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
Like others are saying I'm guessing it would be the standard edition - but I am willing to roll the dice on a ~$20 optional upgrade purchase price with GPU discount to match the current sale going on. Who knows, maybe it would be Ultimate to start with - worth a shot.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Control is over a year old. This year is just one big black hole.
...anyway be sure to play it, amazing game.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Oh come on, I just pulled the trigger on Control. What's the refund policy if I haven't even installed it yet / played 0 minutes?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seems utterly pointless if they don't have the Ultimate Edition. Without the Series X updates to show things off, it seems like a waste of time.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
We have it (my gf does) so luckily I was right in not double dipping yet, yess

(because Epic Launcher does not have family sharing so... lol)

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Almost bought this yesterday on disk secondhand, but thought I need to finish some other GP games first.....maybe that was fortuitous.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
How does Control play on Xbox One X?

Does the standard edition not run as well or something?

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Control is like 30 with dips to the low 20s on one x. Honestly I see them putting the regular edition out as a way to boost sales of the season pass.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Control is like 30 with dips to the low 20s on one x. Honestly I see them putting the regular edition out as a way to boost sales of the season pass.

Damn, that's nuts, haha.

Well, if it's on Gamepass I won't complain. Do we know if its the GPU or CPU that's bottenecking the experience? Wonder if I played it at 1080p if that'd help performance.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
After holding out for this on Game Pass since March I literally bought this on PS4 2 days ago in preparation of the PS5 upgrade. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this includes the Series X version coming next year as well. I thought about buying that $20 Ultimate Edition just for the next gen upgrade.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I just got the Series S a couple of days ago, my first ever Xbox console. I've noticed that there is a "Leaving soon" section on Game Pass, so my question is, for how long are third party games available on GP? And where can I see until when are they available?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I just got the Series S a couple of days ago, my first ever Xbox console. I've noticed that there is a "Leaving soon" section on Game Pass, so my question is, for how long are third party games available on GP? And where can I see until when are they available?

This depends. Some are there for 4 months (Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V), some are there for one year or longer. Some games return.

Most (all?) of the times it's not revealed how long they will be on the service. You get a few weeks notice on when they are leaving.