• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 251 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 278 52.6%

• Total voters

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Right. That'd be six years after Gears 5, which is more than enough time to develop an ambitious sequel. It's not a game that needs to be announced, like, three years before it comes out.
I wish they would announce at the showcase and release that same fall like FH5 but it's probably too much to ask lol

The established long-running franchises don't need multi-year long marketing cycles.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is Tiny Tina's Wonderlands any good solo? Kinda tempted at $22.50 for the version with the season pass...

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Whether Gears releases launched aligned with a 2026 next-gen or not is immaterial, it'll be cross-gen. No tentpole game moving forward will be next-gen only at launch from either platform, it's too limiting with these long dev cycles and high costs.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I think MS has enough (hot) irons in the fire to have a truly amazing launch of the next console? Gears being front and centre for that would be sublime, or at least launched very close to it with an update prepared.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
So, In addition to hellblade 2, Gears 6 will be another graphic exponent on Xbox Series. It was really about time for the Xbox team to release good games, it has taken a long time to have that consistency. (Also taking into account COVID)

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
So, In addition to hellblade 2, Gears 6 will be another graphic exponent on Xbox Series. It was really about time for the Xbox team to release good games, it has taken a long time to have that consistency. (Also taking into account COVID)
hey there were a lot of good games (dont disagree with consistency tho)

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Oye, hubo muchos juegos buenos (aunque no estés en desacuerdo con la coherencia)
Well yes, I expressed myself wrong. I was referring to AAA games, graphically impressive with great gameplay and story. In addition to Starfield and Halo Infinite, it's been a while since we've seen a game with those features on Xbox. Once COVID is over and leaving the previous generation behind, this generation is picking up speed

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I think MS has enough (hot) irons in the fire to have a truly amazing launch of the next console? Gears being front and centre for that would be sublime, or at least launched very close to it with an update prepared.
Yeah, I really do think that MS definitely has the power to really knock a next gen console out of the park at this rate in terms of an early games library. Although I'd argue that's been a given since last year when they've actually started showing off the projects they've been cooking for years now

All I can say about my excitement for Gears 6 is just please don't be 30fps.
Yeah, that's basically how I feel. I don't care if they have an option for it but please make the game 60fps for the love of all that is holy

teemoisfun

Mar 19, 2021
Brazil
CoD on Game Pass will have a more significant impact than any upcoming first-party release, to be honest!

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
i'm 100% expecting 60 fps. it's the coalition.
Hellblade has me worried it looks incredible but we know what the cost is. That plus Jedi Survivor, DD2 and FFVII Rebirth being the bigger of the actual next gen titles releasing with either poor image quality, 30fps or somehow both has me concerned. I believe in the Coalition but the evidence on the hardware also speaks for itself.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
youtu.be

The Making of “Alpha Point”—UE5 Technical Demo | GDC 2021

Catch the public debut of Alpha Point, a UE5 technical demo created by The Coalition to evaluate UE5 on the Xbox Series X/S. Hear what the team learned as th...

Taken from the Coalition tech talk in 2021 on their Alpha Point demo:
6d45551bc1c35d7233631e0805458e4c.png

This is probably what Hellblade 2 is targeting, more or less. It's possible given the average FPS for this *demo* was 46 FPS on XSX that *maybe* they could squeeze out a 40 FPS mode, but who knows. This demo didn't really feature a whole lot going on and wasn't an actual game being controlled. It was also 3 years ago and who knows what version NT is on. UE5 is only starting or nearing a release of CPU and GPU optimization passes from Epic really.

But The Coalition is targeting 60 FPS:
74c72c73f1e635f6001f79415c552e45.png
ba43c6136bb966c3c705410f923390fe.png

35253f119d9458d806f5fd9a779f8a29.png
They're gonna go for 60 FPS. They would have over 3-4 years of optimization work between them and Epic to get there. It will prob be 30 and 60 options for campaign and 60 multiplayer.

Hellblade has me worried it looks incredible but we know what the cost is. That plus Jedi Survivor, DD2 and FFVII Rebirth being the bigger of the actual next gen titles releasing with either poor image quality, 30fps or somehow both has me concerned. I believe in the Coalition but the evidence on the hardware also speaks for itself.
Maybe it's bc I joined late but Jedi and Dead Space both looked and ran great for me. I played Jedi mostly in 30 fps mode tho

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
things I want but won't happen

Obsidian and or Arkane Shadowrun

Phantom Dust 2 (OG creator even wants to do it, come on MS!)

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Is Tiny Tina's Wonderlands any good solo? Kinda tempted at $22.50 for the version with the season pass...
I loved it, but I'm a big BL fan and a big color-coded loot fan. It's definitely budget in some aspect, though. They reuse assets pretty heavily at times if that bothers you.

The other thing I'll note is that I was EXTREMELY disappointed in the DLC. I bought it on faith because BL DLC had never missed before and in fact it sometimes has better content than the actual base games! Hell, Tiny Tina's Wonderland was borne from BL2 DLC. But it was really barebones and basically just all reused assets with some added characters/modifications/stories.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Whether Gears releases launched aligned with a 2026 next-gen or not is immaterial, it'll be cross-gen. No tentpole game moving forward will be next-gen only at launch from either platform, it's too limiting with these long dev cycles and high costs.
I agree. Xbox is in no position to cut off a 35+ million userbase to try to sell their Nextbox.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Probably more like 50 or maybe even 60 all being well, if the exclusives hit over the next two years (which they should).
Xbox Series ain't hitting 60 Million. That's just not possible anymore. We're looking at something less than 58 million(Xbox One sales) with current trends. And that's assuming we're actually going to 2028.

I'm sure Welfare could shed more light, but hardware sales are bad as we all know.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Xbox Series ain't hitting 60 Million. That's just not possible anymore. We're looking at something less than 58 million(Xbox One sales) with current trends. And that's assuming we're actually going to 2028.

I'm sure Welfare could shed more light, but hardware sales are bad as we all know.
I mean it's POSSIBLE, just perhaps very very unlikely. If 2025 and 2026 have like 10 AAA games between them at 88-92 MC it could happen. If Indy is great and Blade or TES land earlier than expected etc.

Unlikely but not impossible.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any notable improvement on Series S vs Base One for Halo MCC? I own the disc version and I wonder if the upgrade is worth a digital purchase or if I can stick with the XO version for now

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

Not even Microsoft themselves would project 60m. It's impossible on their current trajectory.