• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 330 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 339 50.7%

• Total voters

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Thread Title by Kadzork
F8VoogjXIAAl9I6

Banners designed by Klobrille
Rumor Info Also Sourced from Reddit user /u/Crusader3456

dcJoyjk.png

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
N/A​
TBD​

Rumors
Project Tatanka​
Move to Unreal Engine 5, No Story DLC​

ydNlyZJ.jpeg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
TBD​
TBD​

Rumors

FyivH58XoAA0f6-

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platform(s)​
Release Date​
Trailer​
South of Midnight​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

Rumors

l7TMzmt.jpeg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
N/A​
TBD​

Rumors
Multiple Games in Development​

n9IuX09.png

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Perfect Dark​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

Rumors
Perfect Dark Is Years Away​

FylnVWFXwAQouzJ

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Clockwork Revolution​
X|S, PC​
In Due Time​

Rumors
Title Based on Existing IP?​

Nba6eKK.jpeg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
N/A​
TBD​

Rumors
Third Minecraft Spin-off Game​

FylkgBNWcAIToUU

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II​
X|S, PC​
May 21, 2024​
Project Mara​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

IzSOLVr.jpg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Avowed​
X|S, PC​
Fall 2024​
The Outer Worlds 2​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

Rumor
Obsidian Want to Release 7 Games in 7 Years​
Source: Jez Corden​

vywepph.jpeg

Current Projects​
Game NamePlatformsRelease DateTrailer
Fable​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

Rumors
Forza Horizon 6​

fZTTqLb.jpeg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Everwild​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

Rumors
Everwild Rebooted, More Like Viva Pinata​

FxAI6gwWIAYA0g8

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​

sMVKaMO.jpeg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
State of Decay 3​
X|S, PC​
TBD​

TKFW59J.png

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Age of Mythology Retold​
PC​
TBD​

GAr1QLZWAAAXFLt

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Ara: History Untold
(Oxide Games)​
PC​
Fall 2024​
Contraband
(Avalanche Studios)​
X|S, PC​
TBD​
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
(Asobo Studio)​
X|S, PC​
2024​
Towerborne
(Stoic Studio)​
X|S, PC​
2024​
OD
(Kojima Productions)​
X|S, PC, Cloud​
TBD​

Rumored Partnerships
Game Name​
Platforms​
Source​
Project Dragon
(IO Interactive)​
X|S, PC​
Project Maverick
(People Can Fly)​
X|S, PC​
Project Shaolin
(Brass Lion Entertainment)​
X|S, PC​
Project Suerte
(Certain Affinity)​
X|S, PC​
Killer Instinct
(Bandai Namco?)​
X|S, PC​
Project Vonnegut
(Shadowrun?)​
X|S, PC​
Banjo-Kazooie​
X|S, PC​
Over a dozen projects in development​

OP
OP
Andrei Rublev

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
MGdXgLF.jpeg

Based in Nova Scotia, Alpha Dog Games is a developer focused on the creation of high-quality, top-tier mobile games for iOS and Android. Acquired by Bethesda in 2019, and now by Microsoft as part of the ZeniMax Media acquisition of 2020, they're committed to their focus on quality content for mobile gamers with a mobile-first focus above all else.

Current Projects​
NA​

TBD​
GA6b3JSWQAALbXG

Founded in 1999 in Lyon, France, as Arkane Studios SASU, Arkane Studios are the world-renowned creators of such blockbuster franchises as Dishonored and Prey. Acquired by ZeniMax Media in 2010, and now by Microsoft as part of the ZeniMax acquistion of 2020, Arkane Studios focuses on unique, high-octane AAA experiences that easily stand as some of the best in the industry.

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Marvel's Blade​

TBD​
Rumors
Dishonored 3​
LoXdpqE.jpg

Current Projects​
NA​

TBD​

lprd094.jpeg

Founded in 1986 in Rockville, Maryland, Bethesda Game Studios is a critically-acclaimed RPG developer responsible for juggernaut franchises such as The Elder Scrollsand Fallout. In 1999, Bethesda was acquired by ZeniMax Media and split between Bethesda Game Studios—their game development arm—and Bethesda Softworks—their publishing label. Now acquired by Microsoft with the purchase of ZeniMax Media, Bethesda Game Studios continues its work on groundbreaking, breathtaking RPGs for the Xbox brand.

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Starfield​
X|S, PC​
September 6, 2023​
The Elder Scrolls VI​
TBD​
TBD​
Rumors
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remastered​
Fallout 3 Remastered​
F1mrUe8XgAEv3G2

Founded in 1991 in Shreveport, Louisiana, id Software is a mainstay and progenitor of the first person shooter genre, with classic franchises such as Wolfenstein and Doom among their storied history in the games industry. They were acquired by ZeniMax media in 2009, and are now part of the Microsoft family thanks to the ZeniMax Media acquisition of 2020.

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
TBA​

TBD​
Rumors
Doom: Year Zero​

Founded in 2009, MachineGames is a Swedish studio responsible for the modern incarnations of Wolfenstein. Acquired by ZeniMax Media shortly after pitching a new game in the Wolfenstein series, MachineGames went on to make stellar singleplayer first person shooters that can stand up to any of the big boys in the arena.

IwbsJXS.jpg

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
Indiana Jones and The Great Circle​
X|S, PC​
2024​
U7WBSTS.jpeg

Originally Human Head Studios, Roundhouse is a studio built from the same team and was acquired by ZeniMax Media in 2019 and is now part of the Microsoft family thanks to the ZeniMax Media acquisition. The original developers of Prey, they are now working on unannounced projects to be revealed when they're ready.

Current Projects​
NA​

TBD​
m3V9tHt.jpeg

Founded in 2010 by horror master Shinji Mikami, Tango Gameworks is a premier Japanese horror game development house whose biggest franchise—The Evil Within—stands as a testament to great horror game design. They were acquired by ZeniMax Media in 2010 short after their founding, and are now part of the Microsoft family.

Current Projects
Game Name​
Platforms​
Release Date​
Trailer​
NA​

TBD​

Rumors
Ghostwire Tokyo 2​
The Evil Within 3​
8dTFMRd.jpeg

Founded in 2007 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of ZeniMax Media, ZeniMax Online Studios is responsible for the creation of high profile MMORPGS, such asThe Elder Scrolls Online. Now part of the Microsoft family, they're committed to leading the charge in first-class online experiences for players around the world.

Current Projects​
NA​

TBD​

OP
OP
Andrei Rublev

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
8MNOrQG.jpg

Starting with humble beginnings as a porting studio, Beenox was acquired by Activision in 2005. Beenox made adaptations of Dreamworks movies Bee Movie and Monsters vs Aliens before making the leap to Spider-Man. Beenox played a crucial role in co-developing the Skylanders series with Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob. In recent years, Activision has shifted Beenox into support work on Call of Duty.​

Current Projects​
Game NamePlatform(s)Release DateTrailer

Nw4Arye.png

Founded in 1991, Blizzard are one of the most well known video game developers in the world. Blizzard is the home of Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Overwatch. With a long and standing history on the PC platform, Blizzard has introduced some of its most popular franchises into the console market in the modern era. Blizzard also hosts Blizzcon, a yearly convention where fans from around the world come to celebrate Blizzard's beloved franchises.

Current Projects and Rumors​
Game NamePlatform(s)Release DateTrailer/Source
Project Odyssey​
Q90ZIfe.jpeg

Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Demonware provides critical online services and tools for Call of Duty's. Demonware handles identity management, statistics, matchmaking, data, game economy, and content and storage for Activision.​

XZgfn6e.jpeg

Founded in 2001 as a division of Sammy, High Moon Studios eventually found its identity and current name in 2005. Quickly acquired by Activision the following year, the studio released a series of games in the Transformers series. After the release of Deadpool, Activision has shifted High Moon Studios into support work on Call of Duty.​

Current Projects​

3kxk9mp.jpeg

Founded as a division within Activision by Grant Collier, Jason West, and Vince Zampella, Infinity Ward is the birthplace of the Call of Duty. An industry juggernaut, Infinity Ward has won over 200 Game of the Year Awards. Infinity Ward is based in Woodland Hills, California with other locations in Poland, Mexico, and Texas.

Current Projects​
Game NamePlatform(s)Release DateTrailer/Source
Open World RPG Project​
IGN
vHHfl7m.jpeg

Developers of the Candy Crush, one of the most successful mobile releases of all time, King has been argued to be the crown jewel of the Activision acquisition. King has developed a number of mobile titles since its inception in 2003.​

nGdkow1.jpeg

Founded in 1990, Raven Software came to prominence for their work on Heretic and Hexen. After they were acquired by Activision in 1997, they developed games in the Soldier of Fortune, Star Wars, and X-Men series. In the years following, Raven has had a key role in the Call of Duty franchise, and currently lead development on the multiplayer component Warzone.

Current Projects​

J7uYFI2.jpeg

The first studio owned by Xbox located in China, Activision Shanghai provides support on the Call of Duty series.

5beYZzz.png

Initially acquired by Activision to lead a third person Call of Duty title, Sledgehammer Games were thrust into co-developing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) with Infinity Ward. While never returning to that third person project, Sledgehammer Games have developed standalone Call of Duty titles with Advanced Warfare, WWII, and Vanguard.

Current Projects​
Game Name​
Platform(s)​
Release Date​
Trailer​

Ujdzf45.png

First known for their work on Star Control in the early 90s, they were acquired by Activision in 2005. Toys for Bob is often credited with inventing the toys-to-life genre with Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. Over a five year period, Skylanders became a cultural phenomenon. Toys for Bob developed trilogy remasters for popular Playstation franchises Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in 2018. While releasing Crash Team Rumble in 2023, Toys for Bob has also been assisting in developing Call of Duty.

Current Projects​

7os8zjX.jpeg

A few years after joining Activision, Treyarch quickly became a tentpole developer for the Call of Duty franchise alongside Infinity Ward. In the Call of Duty universe, Treyarch is best known for leading development on the Black Ops series. Treyarch also introduced the popular "Zombies" mode to Call of Duty, which quickly became a fan favorite.

Current Projects​
Game NamePlatform(s)Release DateTrailer/Sources
Call of Duty 2024X|S, PC, PS52024
CharlieIntel -- Everything We Know​

OP
OP
Andrei Rublev

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
X|S/PC First Party Releases​
Game Name​
DeveloperRelease DateCritic Score
Gears Tactics
(Xbox Release)​
Splash Damage
The Coalition​
November 10, 2020​
Microsoft Flight Simulator
(Xbox Release)​
Asobo Studio​
July 27, 2021​
Psychonauts 2​
Double Fine Productions​
August 25, 2021​
Age of Empires IV​
Relic Entertainment
World's Edge​
October 28, 2021​
Forza Horizon 5​
Playground Games​
November 9, 2021​
Halo Infinite​
343 Industries​
December 8, 2021​
As Dusk Falls​
interior/night​
July 19, 2022​
Deathloop​
Arkane Lyon​
September 20, 2022​
Grounded​
Obsidian Entertainment​
September 27, 2022​
Pentiment​
Obsidian Entertainment​
November 15, 2022​
Hi-Fi Rush​
Tango Gameworks​
January 25, 2023​
GoldenEye 007​
Rare
Code Mystic​
January 27, 2023​
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
(Xbox Release)​
World's Edge
Tantalus Media​
January 31, 2023​
Ghostwire: Tokyo​
Tango Gameworks​
April 12, 2023​
Minecraft Legends​
Mojang Studios
Blackbird Interactive​
April 18, 2023​
Redfall​
Arkane Studios Austin
Roundhouse Studios​
May 2, 2023​
Quake II​
Nightdive Studios
id Software
Machine Games​
August 10, 2023​

Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition
(Xbox Release)​
Relic Entertainment
World's Edge​
August 22, 2023​
Starfield​
Bethesda Game Studios​
September 6, 2023​
Forza Motorsport​
Turn 10 Studios​
October 10, 2023​
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III​
Sledgehammer Games​
November 10, 2023​

Playstation 5 Releases​
Game Name​
Developer​
Release Date​

Pentiment​

Obsidian Entertainment​

February 21, 2024​
Hi-Fi Rush​
Tango Gameworks​
March 18, 2024​
Grounded​
Obsidian Entertainment​
April 16, 2024​
Sea of Thieves​
Rare​
April 30, 2024​

Nintendo Switch Releases​
Game Name​
Developer​
Release Date​
Pentiment​
Obsidian Entertainment​
February 21, 2024​
Grounded​
Obsidian Entertainment​
April 16, 2024​

GA16-p9XoAAFBJC

Spectralmania

Apr 12, 2021
Just finished watching Halo.
That speech was so epic it made me want to jump out of my hospital bed and grab a gun.
Nice fresh OT 👍

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
New Banner Artist Needed
OP
OP
Andrei Rublev

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
I'm also not 100% sure about Klobrille's status going forward, but I have to think in mind his decision to eventually step away from his online persona. Klobrille has been an invaluable asset to our community and I wish nothing but the best for him going forward if he indeed steps away permanently. This OT and community wouldn't nearly have the presense without his contributions or his hard work.

Which means that I need someone to step up and handle studio banners and graphics moving forward. I'm making this an open call for any to submit banner ideas.

Please PM me if you're interested.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Too many good games. Slave Zero, Lords of Exile and Penny's Big Breakaway are a must have for me.

I have heard nothing but good things about Balatro.

Card based roguelites not my thing but people loved Slay the Spire so can see why.

I think it absolutely is, alongside the refreshed Series S and Series X models with Wi-Fi 6E and lower power consumption.

I think including a rechargeable controller in the box is going to be a big win, both for gamers and for the environment.

Really hope these console refreshes are canceled.

Like...who needs whole new consoles for type c and wifi 6?

Maybe I'm missing something here? 🦧

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Just watched Halo episode 4. Good shit right there honestly. Probably the best episode yet

Also loving the new OT smell

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Really hope these console refreshes are canceled.

Like...who needs whole new consoles for type c and wifi 6?

Maybe I'm missing something here? 🦧

That's kind of a weird take.

I don't think Microsoft is saying, like, throw out your Xbox and buy a new one just for Wi-Fi 6E. They're improving the hardware to make it better for the people who haven't yet jumped in. They're addressing the pain points. One of the most common complaints with especially the Series S is the limited storage space. A Series S with 1TB of storage, Wi-Fi 6E, and a rechargeable controller for $299 is a more compelling offering than a Series S with 512GB of storage, Wi-Fi 6, and a controller with some AAs rolling around in the box for $299. You would rather that better version just...not exist? Why?

It would be weirder if they left the hardware literally completely unchanged for eight years or whatever, even as the price of storage dropped and newer technology became available.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
That's kind of a weird take.

I don't think Microsoft is saying, like, throw out your Xbox and buy a new one just for Wi-Fi 6E. They're improving the hardware to make it better for the people who haven't yet jumped in. They're addressing the pain points. One of the most common complaints with especially the Series S is the limited storage space. A Series S with 1TB of storage, Wi-Fi 6E, and a rechargeable controller for $299 is a more compelling offering than a Series S with 512GB of storage, Wi-Fi 6, and a controller with some AAs rolling around in the box for $299. You would rather that better version just...not exist? Why?

It would be weirder if they left the hardware literally completely unchanged for eight years or whatever, even as the price of storage dropped and newer technology became available.

Well, in my point of view the current consoles are absolutely great. Yes, they are not perfect (storage as you said) but I'm not sure if these minor refresh models gonna help against PS5 Pro and Switch 2, you know?

I feel like it's a waste without adding more power or a handheld option at least.

Nov 8, 2017
If wi-Fi 6 addresses the abysmal DL speeds on Xbox, it can only be a good thing.

Wasn't half the issue something to do with quick resume interacting with download speeds where it assumed you were in game and capped speeds to a slow rate as if you were?

I might be only half remembering this. I'm sure someone will correct it.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Wasn't half the issue something to do with quick resume interacting with download speeds where it assumed you were in game and capped speeds to a slow rate as if you were?

I might be only half remembering this. I'm sure someone will correct it.
That helps, for sure, but even if you don't have anything running at all, they're still poor relative to my other platforms.

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
It's 106 miles to Redmond, we've got a full tank of Game Pass, half a pack of Xbox gift cards, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Nov 8, 2017
Huh personally I never really had noticed major issues. I guess I don't have a firm point of comparison but I was getting 200ish megabits or higher, iirc. Maybe I'll measure it one day.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Well, in my point of view the current consoles are absolutely great. Yes, they are not perfect (storage as you said) but I'm not sure if these minor refresh models gonna help against PS5 Pro and Switch 2, you know?

I feel like it's a waste without adding more power or a handheld option at least.
I think there's a vast, vast difference between the level of investment required to make a refreshed Series S/X with more storage and a new Wi-Fi chip and something like a PS5 Pro, which is basically a new console with a new APU.

Microsoft didn't want to do a "pro" console this time around. Will that end up biting them in the ass? Potentially, but I don't think that makes the refreshes on the Series S and X a bad idea. Even if they were going to come out with some super-powered Series Z or whatever, they'd probably still make some of these same improvements to the Series S and/or X.

I'm certainly not going to begrudge them making great hardware even better, or hope that they cancel it.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Last thread lived up to it's name. I see a lot to be excited for with Xbox. Looking forward to what spring will bring for Xbox.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Huh personally I never really had noticed major issues. I guess I don't have a firm point of comparison but I was getting 200ish megabits or higher, iirc. Maybe I'll measure it one day.

I don't know that I've ever sat down and measured it myself, but I had dire issues on Xbox One with it and the Series is better, but still not close to PC or PS5 for me, obviously PC's going to be a bit variable for people.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
I think there's a vast, vast difference between the level of investment required to make a refreshed Series S/X with more storage and a new Wi-Fi chip and something like a PS5 Pro, which is basically a new console with a new APU.

Microsoft didn't want to do a "pro" console this time around. Will that end up biting them in the ass? Potentially, but I don't think that makes the refreshes on the Series S and X a bad idea. Even if they were going to come out with some super-powered Series Z or whatever, they'd probably still make some of these same improvements to the Series S and/or X.

I'm certainly not going to begrudge them making great hardware even better, or hope that they cancel it.
i think another point is that Series X used almost the same layout as the XONE for some reason so the refresh from the leaks is an all new motherboard and stuff to go with it

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Well, Spencer did say these plans are outdated but could be bluffing.

I get you just feels like we are in a weird timeline this year where:

Handhelds like Steam Deck on the rise
Switch 2 delayed
PS5 Pro
Xbox multiplatform moves
Xbox potentially not chasing power?

Feels like any move could be game changing for all parties 😅

Whatever happens though, I need that new controller refresh. Specs mentioned everything we asked for fr.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
Well, Spencer did say these plans are outdated but could be bluffing.

I get you just feels like we are in a weird timeline this year where:

Handhelds like Steam Deck on the rise
Switch 2 delayed
PS5 Pro
Xbox multiplatform moves
Xbox potentially not chasing power?

Feels like any move could be game changing for all platforms 😅

Whatever happens though, I need that new controller refresh. Specs mentioned everything we asked for fr.
to be fair some are outdated or some have moved up plans because i remember that the handheld that seems to be rumored for 2024 was not in scope at the time but has changed