Votes: 496 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 417 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Last thread lived up to it's name. I see a lot to be excited for with Xbox. Looking forward to what spring will bring for Xbox.
I do sort of hope we see at least Towerborne (and maybe Ara? not really a PC gamer) in the first half of the year.

The last third of the year seems like it's going to be banger (even without including Call of Duty!) but there's eight other months too.

FS2024, Hellblade II, Starfield expansion, Avowed, Indy, CoD...that's a lot if that all ends up getting crammed into those last few months.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
IMG-0291.jpg

🫡

Phil should pull out a "Peter Moore" and tattoo It for the next june conference.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I do sort of hope we see at least Towerborne (and maybe Ara? not really a PC gamer) in the first half of the year.

The last third of the year seems like it's going to be banger (even without including Call of Duty!) but there's eight other months too.

FS2024, Hellblade II, Starfield expansion, Avowed, Indy, CoD...that's a lot if that all ends up getting crammed into those last few months.
I think tower borne and ara are second half too

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023

iirc jez said that towerborne is second half

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Woooooooooooooo OT30!

"Why so Series X|S?" is fantastic and I'm surprised it wasn't thought of three years ago.

Nov 8, 2017
Someone needs to scribble out the Blizzard Survival Project from the Upcoming diagram and maybe also the bit about Confirmed Xbox Exclusive Indiana Jones lol

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why I had a brain fart and forgot that Hellblade II was confirmed for a May release.

So at least there's that.

I'm just hoping games like Towerborne and Avowed don't get overshadowed by, like, CoD coming out a week later or whatever. It'd be nice for each of these titles to have its time in the sun.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Huh, weird. Everyone kept telling me they were done making Xbox OTs after Vix posted in a Switch thread.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New thread!

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends!

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Something I find interesting: Sea of Thieves jumped in today's most played update from like high 30's/low 40's to being #30 on the list of most played games on Xbox currently after tonight's update.

It seems like the multiplatform announcement has boosted the popularity of the game a bit. I wonder what things will look like once the game actually releases on PS5, and also in the future on Switch 2

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Something I find interesting: Sea of Thieves jumped in today's most played update from like high 30's/low 40's to being #30 on the list of most played games on Xbox currently after tonight's update.

It seems like the multiplatform announcement has boosted the popularity of the game a bit. I wonder what things will look like once the game actually releases on PS5, and also in the future on Switch 2

I think it is going to do very well. It is still a very unique game in its genre. There is nothing else like it ( well apart from Skull & Bones I guess but I think that will die off soon)

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Last year they spread out there releases really well. *shrugs*
They did, yes. Hi-Fi Rush and Minecraft Legends was a good one-two punch in Q1 and Q2. Redfall might not have ended up turning out the way we hoped, but it was also a big release in the first half of the year. They definitely didn't leave everything for Q4 in 2023.

It's also important to remember that it's not all about new releases; big content releases for service games and expansions also matter. Of course, it seems like the Starfield and WoW expansions are also both going to be late-in-the-year releases, so *shrugs*

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They did, yes. Hi-Fi Rush and Minecraft Legends was a good one-two punch in Q1 and Q2. Redfall might not have ended up turning out the way we hoped, but it was also a big release in the first half of the year. They definitely didn't leave everything for Q4 in 2023.

It's also important to remember that it's not all about new releases; big content releases for service games and expansions also matter. Of course, it seems like the Starfield and WoW expansions are also both going to be late-in-the-year releases, so *shrugs*
Forza Motorsport came out in Q4 2023?

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
You guys think this will launch this holiday season? They haven't really mentioned it. Do you think they are even still planning a controller refresh anymore, or just waiting for next-gen?

xbox_roadmap_to_2030_slide_deck_sebile_controller.jpg
The concept of including a swappable rechargeable battery and a "modular thumbsticks" seems interesting. Addresses some of the biggest complaints (need AAs and Stick Drift).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
You guys think this will launch this holiday season? They haven't really mentioned it. Do you think they are even still planning a controller refresh anymore, or just waiting for next-gen?

xbox_roadmap_to_2030_slide_deck_sebile_controller.jpg
The concept of including a swappable rechargeable battery and a "modular thumbsticks" seems interesting. Addresses some of the biggest complaints (need AAs and Stick Drift).
Yes. Timeline was to release before end of May. Remains to be seen if that's still the case.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
looking at thunderful's fiscal reports, replaced is still aiming at the second half of 2024. so for Q3/Q4 2024 we have (from third parties and first party)

Avowed
Stalker 2
Indiana Jones
Towerborne
Replaced
Ara (?)
Starfield Shattered Space (?)
Microsoft Flight Sim 2024
Diablo 4 Exp Pack
COD 2024

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yes. Timeline was to release before end of May. Remains to be seen if that's still the case.
I didn't realize it was supposed to be that soon. Didn't they mention that a lot of things have changed and the timelines are not all correct though? I feel like you want to at least say something about it at your summer showcase. Launching right before seems a little odd. I wonder if they include a new controller as the new "hardware" they are excited to talk about.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
So uhh, I'm not sure if you're not aware of this but that's already/still is true for all Xbox controllers since the 360. The play and charge kit is a rechargeable battery pack that goes into the battery compartment, it uses the 4 other pins you see in said compartment that aren't the AA terminals, which is what allows it to charge through the controllers USB.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable | Xbox

Keep the action going with the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I didn't realize it was supposed to be that soon. Didn't they mention that a lot of things have changed and the timelines are not all correct though? I feel like you want to at least say something about it at your summer showcase. Launching right before seems a little odd. I wonder if they include a new controller as the new "hardware" they are excited to talk about.
ef60bac9c9835515532c115dc81aa6d0.png

Sebile to be announced in Q4 (April-June) and the nit says Launch end of May. Ideally, if this is still the plan, before Hellblade 2 releases!!!!!!!!!!!

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So uhh, I'm not sure if you're not aware of this but that's already/still is true for all Xbox controllers since the 360. The play and charge kit is a rechargeable battery pack that goes into the battery compartment, it uses the 4 other pins you see in said compartment that aren't the AA terminals, which is what allows it to charge through the controllers USB.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable | Xbox

Keep the action going with the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable.

I'm fully aware of play and charge kits (I prefer Eneloops), but the slide mentions that it is packed in with the controller. Not a separate purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.