Votes: 496 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 417 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Also Microsoft normally doesn't have the show finalized 3 weeks in advance, they'll do rehearsals and many meetings, and decide to cut things out or shorten how long they show a game/vertical slice. For example, some insiders have said that Microsoft was always going to show Gears 6 (months ago) but at first they were going to go really hard with it at the showcase and now they're just going to give you a tease.

A couple years ago, Microsoft was going to show an Avowed extended gameplay demo but decided to cut it out of the show last minute.

Strongly doubt ANYONE has seen a finished product of whatever Compulsion is planning to show at the showcase outside of execs and higher level staff. Maybe if it was like 2 days before showcase, but not 3 weeks.

True, i doubt anyone knows the showcase line up, just games some insiders have heard to be there.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
maybe TGA? but yeah 2yrs out seems strange, although they have started talking about it already

That they started talking about it is strange as well but come on what would be the reason to tease it already. Everbody know that it will come at some point but showing hardware you can buy in 2 years only ?

In general whatelse could we expect than a PC like console that plays new games ? AMD might give some hints this year anyway as they will announce their new CPU and GPU architecture with AI. What ever will be in the next console it is based on that but enhanced.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be all in in 2026 or is it too early ?

I have so many games in the Xbox ecosystem that I'll always buy new hardware if it's backwards compatible, but I've stopped buying anything in the ecosystem. The only thing that could change that would be Microsoft showing a realistic plan for their console, not a side project or a Game Pass player. I have no interest in that. So either:

1) Do proper exclusives: Everything except CoD and Minecraft is PC, Xbox and cloud only. That is what I'd like to see happen and I would be all in on it, but it has 0% chance of happening, as they will port everything from 2024 and onwards, is my read of the situation.

2) Change the model. I don't know what that looks like or how it would work. It's fun to discuss a PC/Xbox hybrid or having multiple manufactureres and storefronts, but in practice I can't make it work in my head. If they can demonstrate something like this that seems realistic, I'll be all in again.

Another walled garden console where they port their games to other platforms is a dead end for them IMO. The market will overwhelmingly reject that.

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
That they started talking about it is strange as well but come on what would be the reason to tease it already. Everbody know that it will come at some point but showing hardware you can buy in 2 years only ?

In general whatelse could we expect than a PC like console that plays new games ? AMD might give some hints this year anyway as they will announce their new CPU and GPU architecture with AI. What ever will be in the next console it is based on that but enhanced.

true, but also exciting to hear what else they could be bringing in a closed console system orrrrrrrrrr maybe not so closed??? ;)
handheld 2025, console 2026...............................

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Agree with a remaster not being enough, it has to be a remake, just like Phantom Dust HD wasn't a good substitute for a Phantom Dust Remake. if they are just going to remaster Lost Odyssey, they might as well not do anything at all. A remake of LO would be cool, but Lost Odyssey via backwards compatibility is already running at 4K with texture filtering and vastly reduced load times

Is Lost Odyssey BC enhanced? if not wouldn't that be easier than remaster?

No it's not enhanced and still runs at 720p, a remaster or official BC enhancement would be awesome.

A next gen tease 2 years ahead ? No way. Series X was reveald 2019 and released less than a year later and this felt already very long.

Series X/S were first teased on stage E3 2018.

Shpeshal "The Colation working on a Gears Trilogy Remaster/Remake" and "Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to Xbox" Nick spreads another rumour that I will outright ignore. Can't take that guy seriously anymore

He's been super consistent that FF7 Remake isn't coming to Xbox any time soon.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Shpeshal "The Colation working on a Gears Trilogy Remaster/Remake" and "Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to Xbox" Nick spreads another rumour that I will outright ignore. Can't take that guy seriously anymore
FFVII Remake is def coming to Xbox tho. Especially with Square's recent change of heart with exclusivity.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I could see gears looking as good in cutscenes. I think they did those in 30fps in previous releases and then had gameplay at 60fps.

I think that 4chan leak is just a bunch of guesses and hopes. I truly doubt Toys for Bob is doing Banjo as that project was rumored to have started a year or so ago.

ah yes, the cutscenes at a lower framerate may help.

Arnor Frost

May 18, 2024
true, but also exciting to hear what else they could be bringing in a closed console system orrrrrrrrrr maybe not so closed??? ;)
handheld 2025, console 2026...............................
Maybe it'll be like Series X and S again, except X is the console and S is the hybrid like Switch. I'd probably buy both lol

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The power difference could become an issue for third parties a few years later.
Doubt it when those third parties will still be releasing on PS5/XSX for probably even longer than they kept releasing on PS4/Xb1. I expect the generation lines to blur even more. They have to for it to make sense for AAA budgets. Also if they want to take another serious stab at the console market, it just makes sense to do their own thing because releasing a console the same week as Sony for the past 2 generations hasn't worked, and it's not gonna be a third time's the charm situation.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
16 billion is way too low and we really ought to stop giving random twitter users attention. that silksong person, this one, just... don't post it. it's irrelevant and fake 99% of the time.

That's what I think will happen too, but there is still the chance that whatever deal Sony has for it covers the game until the full trilogy is out.
if it had any deal, Square ended that asap after Rebirth (they ended their KH exclusivity stuff on PC too).

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Everyone: "lol Steam would never be on Xbox, it makes no sense financially. How would they make money?"

Microsoft: "Hold my beer"

To be clear, I don't think it's ever going to happen and this is total BS.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft buying Valve is like 1 step behind Microsoft buying Nintendo in terms of likelihood.

Aka impossible.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
well they didnt show cool gameplay on showcases, they specifically mentioned it was similar to previos game and they did not market it like a big game. what else could be done?
they've been saying that since 2021. the section that was showed from 2021 is also pretty much in the game still. they didnt define the scope that recently, no.

Arnor Frost

May 18, 2024
I too am preparing an offer to buy valve.

Seriously though, as unlikely is this is, just to happen let alone pass regulatory approvals, it's just about the only way the whole "Hybrid Xbox/PC/Steam machine" thing that people keep throwing around makes sense.
Yeah the xbox would become a essentially a form of steam machine

Except no-one will see it, apart from the drunks parading the top deck of the local ferries lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I still have at least half of HB2 to go, so final opinions tbd, but I can understand the desire to see NT make a more gamey game with these production values.

I think Jedi Survivor is a good comparison. UE, very good looking game, solid combat, incredible characters, cutscenes and direction and set pieces. But the gameplay itself is more "fun" while still being engaging.

I think NT is capable of doing a project that does both. The deliberate choice of making a game with no UI for the sake of immersion is really what holds them back from layering in additional mechanics in Hellblade.

They can still have engaging puzzles with one button no UI gameplay (see: Cocoon) but if you really commit to that it has to be a deeper puzzle game… like Cocoon lol.

I expect by the end of hb2 ill be mesmerized by their talent and craft, but wanting something in a new direction and not a HB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.