• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Developer_Direct title are you looking forward to the most?

• Ara: History Untold

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Avowed

Votes: 245 37.9%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 322 49.8%
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

Votes: 64 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
If you want to talk about Microsoft leaving the console business then feel free to do it elsewhere. This thread is about Microsoft's 1P studios. Any further derailment on this will be met with threadbans.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
news.xbox.com

Xbox to Present Developer_Direct, Returning on January 18 - Xbox Wire

You’re about to get an exciting look at some of the incredible games ahead with Xbox, as we present a new edition of Developer_Direct on Thursday, January 18.

Please note that while this show won't have updates on games from Activision Blizzard, you can look forward to news from those teams later this year.

So, a second direct?

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
giphy.gif

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Indy is hype. Never would have expected that. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. 🙅🏻‍♂️

But no Towerborne? Xbox does that thing where they don't show their games at events, then they get released with no fanfare and they're surprised lol.

We'll see.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's gonna be one hell of a direct. Three major titles in the same mini showcase + their take on the 4X genre + a possible surprise.

Which titles are people looking forward to seeing the most? Going by my taste, I'd rank them like this:

1. Avowed: It's a western RPG from Obsidian. Nuff said.
2. Indy: I wanna see if they can summon the old Riddick roots. Don't care about whether it's first or third person, but I'd like to get a glimpse of how it's used.
3. Hellblade 2: Not the biggest NT fan, but there's no denying the graphics are out of this world.
4. Ara: Will be waiting for the console port, because I need my controller support.

Sipahi

Jan 30, 2021
There is an empty spot in the top left. Assuming it's Kiln or Towerborne. Also does this mean Indy is this year? Would be weird to have it in the direct otherwise. This may finally be the year where the game flood gates truly open.

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
"Senua's Saga: Hellblade II: Ninja Theory take us behind the scenes at their studio in Cambridge to give us some insight on how they are crafting Senua's Saga: Hellblade II. The team will speak to the ambition and meticulous care involved in creating Senua's journey of survival."

I imagine they're showing less of Hellblade (compared to Avowed) because we just got that trailer, but hopefully we still get a date.

also if its coming soon, expect previews to hit soon also

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Can't wait to see Avowed dialogue system and companions. Combat is cool and all but give me the meat.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
Glad this place has calmed down a bit. 😅

Looking forward to the direct, wasn't expecting to see Indy so soon and I'm all in on the rest of the games to be shown.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I'm legit stunned we're getting a look at Indy. Figured that was like a Fall 2025 game.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
As long as we get a date it doesn't matter that much lol

If it is May, there's plenty of time to show more gameplay before then. Maybe a standalone 15-20 minute Direct even.
Agree there, if they at least give a date they can show us all the over-the-shoulder monitor clips they want. Taking a page out of BioWare's book lol

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty cool that they're already showing Indy stuff, wonder if that ends up landing this year. Also, totally didn't realise this was the Riddick team. That really gives me faith, and I should probably play Wolfenstein at some point.

Remain cautiously optimistic for Hellblade and Avowed.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
nice

thought towerborne would be there

"Shortly after, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK to preview 2024's biggest update."

I guess in a way it's 5 !

Status
Not open for further replies.