• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I don't work on this feature, but I can imagine this might be more frustrating or complex than you think - when games get updated, quick resume state is wiped since most updates are mandatory. So if that game is "pinned", but then it gets updated, you'd lose your quick resume save state anyway.

Interesting. We want a function like this so our most played games doesn't get their Quick Resume space overwritten by a title we booted up to get Microsoft Rewards points or something similar.

26..... what. Wow. Amazing story indeed.

As a fellow 26 year old... shit. Lol

I'm getting there as well... shit.
Some of us are born to be NPCs for the the real playable characters. lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... That's an easy prediction to make. Gears 6 will at the very least get a 3 year dev cycle. It will be announced next year if it's coming in 2022.

However, depending on Covid's impact and their ambitions for the project we could be looking at a 4-5 year project. In which it would make no sense at all to announce it this year.
People ask it because if you follow the gears 4 to gears 5 timeline it would be announced this year. But different times now. With no need to announce and it probably got more dev time also.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I don't think this is in reference to The Coalition having something else, but rather Xbox having too many different games to show/focus on (like the 20 minute Starfield demo obviously).
Pretty much, they have no time to show Gears which everyone already expects will be coming in 1-2 years when they have more urgent matters.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
People ask it because if you follow the gears 4 to gears 5 timeline it would be announced this year. But different times now. With no need to announce and it probably got more dev time also.
Oh right. For some reason I misremembered and thought that Gears 5 was announced in 2019.

Yeah, it's definitely different times now. Xbox is going to have a bunch of more immediate releases to promote.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I don't think we need more Gears, unless it's a situation where they can kinda bang out the next one by leveraging the work they did on 4/5.

Honestly though, Xbox needs more studios/franchises like the Coalition / Gears. They crank them out at a good clip and they're high-quality games.

I know we all like these enormous games that are on a five-year cycle. But generally better to get two games in that time frame.

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Please provide any and all feedback on the Quick Resume UX that is starting to roll out today. Very interested in feedback and bugs/issues.
And yes, still working through potential "management" features such as pinning a game to not be automatically evicted in the future

-Oscar :)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Please provide any and all feedback on the Quick Resume UX that is starting to roll out today. Very interested in feedback and bugs/issues.
And yes, still working through potential "management" features such as pinning a game to not be automatically evicted in the future

Is it just for alpha folk at the moment? I've never had the option to join Alpha. I'm on one below. Beta maybe(?)

Very excited about Quick Resume UX updates!

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Gears needs a break but they have to release 6 before that because of the way 5 ended imo.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't? If it's being developed by an independent studio it is Xbox Global Publishing.
Depends on what kind of project it is. Some games get made in conjunction with internal developers. Like Gears Tactics or Battletoads.

Let's for the sake of the argument say that the project in question is Stormlands. It would make sense for Obsidian to be involved in the same way that The Coalition was involved with Gears Tactics.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

will do, once received :)

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Not related but this recently popped up again on reddit:

I really hope the team look into this.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have this update and the expanded description is "This setting will allow apps to send audio directly to your HDMI device to be decoded. Notifications and other system sounds including Narrator won't play while apps are using this setting."

Which.... sounds exactly like bitstream?

I have no idea what I could expect from bitstream either lol.. But thank you for trying to explain this to me - I'll wait for this update to hit me and see if it improves the audio on my xsx/cx/marantz nr1608.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Do yall think MS would send a replacement if my Series controller started drifting? Cause man, its only been a few months.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I don't work on this feature, but I can imagine this might be more frustrating or complex than you think - when games get updated, quick resume state is wiped since most updates are mandatory. So if that game is "pinned", but then it gets updated, you'd lose your quick resume save state anyway.

Sorry to bother you, but maybe you can relay what is happening with some BC games on Series X to the team.

BC games trouble

Thanks

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing.

unknown.png

You can manually remove games from Quick Resume now:

unknown.png

OscarK love the new update!

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
One quick tip: Since this Quick Resume group is presented as a group, you can actually pin it to Home just like any other group.

Not related but this recently popped up again on reddit:
I really hope the team look into this.

I will ask the relevant folks internally about this.

Sorry to bother you, but maybe you can relay what is happening with some BC games on Series X to the team.
BC games trouble

Thanks for the heads-up. I will catch up on that thread and chat with the BC folks as needed. Will update when I know more.

Enjoy the Quick Resume UX. And there's plenty more cool stuff coming

malevichau1

Jan 7, 2021

You can add not only option for this, but for bunning game from Quick Reusme f.ex. games with online component? Because QR doesn't work with some of these games and just sends to the menu

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You can add not only option for this, but for bunning game from Quick Reusme f.ex. games with online component? Because QR doesn't work with some of these games and just sends to the menu

Which game are you referencing?

We actually have Quick Resume disabled for some games, not for technical reasons, but because their resume experience makes Quick Resume pointless. I suspect that this game you mention is not actually in Quick Resume, but regular suspend; however if you let me which game(s), I can double check.
(Of course, with this new update you too can easily see if the game supports Quick Resume as its shown as an indicator in Guide next to AutoHDR / FPS Boost)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Which game are you referencing?

We actually have Quick Resume disabled for some games, not for technical reasons, but because their resume experience makes Quick Resume pointless. I suspect that this game you mention is not actually in Quick Resume, but regular suspend; however if you let me which game(s), I can double check.
(Of course, with this new update you too can easily see if the game supports Quick Resume as its shown as an indicator in Guide next to AutoHDR / FPS Boost)

Not related to the tweet above but is there any way I can request that Outriders have Quick Resume disabled due to the fact that it dumps you into the start menu regardless when you jump back into it?

eek

Oct 26, 2017

Not related to the tweet above but is there any way I can request that Outriders have Quick Resume disabled due to the fact that it dumps you into the start menu regardless when you jump back into it?

Nooooo. Do you guys want to watch the 60 second square enix intro video every time you launch Outriders?? QR doesn't really work but you can at least instantly start the sign-in when it dumps you to menu 😂

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooo. Do you guys want to watch the 60 second square enix intro video every time you launch Outriders?? QR doesn't really work but you can at least instantly start the sign-in when it dumps you to menu 😂

I'm just trying to get that classic game feel of watching some dumb intro video, Series X is too fast for me

That video is so bad lol

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Unpopular? Those club have 80% of the fanbase in the world, backlash is temporary, people will tune in after all. IMO this is a big opportunity for Xbox.
Backslash is a understatement. I think this is the wrong thread to discuss this, but if you follow the footy OT on resetera, then you'd notice the following...
  • Fans are against this. Some protested
  • Ex players and even current players came out and said they are against this. Even players from those involved clubs
  • Leeds players had t-shirts with "earn it" and a CL logo on them
  • Ex and current Managers came out and talked about this
  • The UEFA, PL, FIFA are looking to ban players and take any measure necessary to stop this. Lawyers are involved
  • The english government just came out and said they are backing the UEFA and will support them.
I don't think you understand how much of an uproar this league caused and I don't think Xbox wants to now say "look we signed a partnership with the super League that could be blocked by the government, please be excited". Emphasis on right now, because things could calm down. But at the moment the super league isn't a place to promote your stuff imo. Currently it's just a PR disaster waiting to happen, when you get associated with it.
I don't think this is in reference to The Coalition having something else, but rather Xbox having too many different games to show/focus on (like the 20 minute Starfield demo obviously).
Yep, I think he is talking about to much to show basically.
I mean... That's an easy prediction to make. Gears 6 will at the very least get a 3 year dev cycle. It will be announced next year if it's coming in 2022.

However, depending on Covid's impact and their ambitions for the project we could be looking at a 4-5 year project. In which it would make no sense at all to announce it this year.
I think it'll either be announced next year or this year at TGA, if it's coming next year.
One quick tip: Since this Quick Resume group is presented as a group, you can actually pin it to Home just like any other group
this is cool. Thanks for discussing with us and more importantly thanks for all the hard work you and your team put in. I am just amazed about how many QoL improvements there are and how frequent you guys do OS updates. Thanks again 👍

Last edited:

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
So i'm looking at that gears6 thread and E3 is what, 7 weeks away? It's shaping up to be one of the best E3s ever for Xbox, what with the Bethesda show following on the heels of the main show. It will be like 4 hours of new games announcements. That definitely sounds like gaming Christmas to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.