Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It literally says 'subject to material platform limitations'. Or in otherwords, they are saying that Capcom must do its absolute best to deliver a PS5 experience as good as it can possibly be, however it does not forbid other platforms which have more power from actually being better, if the PS5 truly cannot match it. They are definitely not going to block PCs from running it at higher framerates and resolutions than PS5 for example, nor does it imply that a Series X version could not have a smoother framerate if other things were equal or whatever.

Yeah, and MS has the same clause with similar wording which people latched onto back in 2013 but never prevented PS4 from having better versions
9.2 Features and content parity.
Each Base Game, Online Game Feature, and Xbox Live Arcade game will have at least the same features and content as any corresponding version of a Competitive Platform product, including all localization, Publisher subscriptions, and pack-in content from Publisher, subject to platform limitations. The parties will work together in good faith to address any platform limitations that may impact feature and content parity for the Xbox One version.

9.2.2 Each Premium Downloadable Content, Demo, and additional downloadable content will have at least the same features and content as any corresponding version of a Competitive Platform product, subject to platform limitation. In the event that Publisher is unable to comply with this Section 9.2.2, the parties will work together in good faith to determine a mutually acceptable alternative.

When looking this up I saw they have one for pro/x/series/ps5 patches now too
Software Title feature updates post-Commercial Release. Subject to hardware limitations and announce/availability of development tools, at any time after Commercial Release, with respect to any hardware feature updates made to a Software Title (e.g., HDR, spatial audio) that are available for Competitive Platform versions, Publisher will (1) in its implementation of such features, optimize the performance and technical capability of Xbox Console versions in parity with the Competitive Platform version; and (2) make the same hardware feature updates commercially available for the Xbox Console versions either before or simultaneously with the Competitive Platform version(s). As used in this Section 9.3, "simultaneously" means within [***] of the availability of such hardware feature on a Competitive Platform. If Publisher is unable to release the hardware features updates simultaneously due solely to availability of the Xbox Console development tools, the parties will work together in good faith to determine a mutually agreeable release date. The parties will work together in good faith to address any platform limitations that may impact feature parity for the Xbox Console version of the hardware feature updates.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
aCfJAHm.jpeg

I love those conspiracy theory images.

I honestly hope this happens and it's at the end of this fighter pass so we can get "'Master Chief finishes the fight!"

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah, and MS has the same clause with similar wording which people latched onto back in 2013 but never prevented PS4 from having better versions

When looking this up I saw they have one for pro/x/series/ps5 patches now too

I remember people citing the Xbox parity clause as the reason some indie games were skipping Xbox at the time, saying they'd shot themselves in the foot by demanding indie devs do extra work on cosmetic stuff or something similar. I think the Xbox clause was more focused on content than technical features like the Playstation one, but as a player I'm not bothered by either of them.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
No.

I dont think we'll see it until Deathloop is out from Arkane Lyon. A Prey sequel with more and diverse enemies would be amazing.

I still believe those Vampire IP rumours though.
Maybe? But is not a Prey sequel. AFAIK they're working on a vamipre game.
There was a rumor floating around that the next Arkane Austin game is similar to the original concept of Prey 2 with the focus on bounty hunting in a huge city. I hope they stuck with that

A vampire game? Cool. I'm up for anything they want to do. I'm just in love with Prey right now so I wanted a sequel lol

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I remember people citing the Xbox parity clause as the reason some indie games were skipping Xbox at the time, saying they'd shot themselves in the foot by demanding indie devs do extra work on cosmetic stuff or something similar. I think the Xbox clause was more focused on content than technical features like the Playstation one, but as a player I'm not bothered by either of them.

I think that clause was that late ports needed added content. Although both Microsoft and Sony had that type of clause for a time (and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did as well).

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Here's my wild stab at some of the rumors that have been going around about XGS, specifically around:
  • Spin off of an existing IP
  • Game/developer you would be shocked by (or something to that effect)
I'm gonna say EA/Bioware and XGS are getting in bed together and making another KOTOR.

MS knows that's a great hearts-and-minds IP that's associated with Xbox, and it's exactly the kind of game they know will get people super excited. EA is probably a bit gun-shy about bankrolling another big Bioware game, and would be willing to make a deal with MS in order to mitigate that risk and hope that Bioware gets its groove back on the project.

My compete speculation guess gor the spni off is an age of empires/mythology thrid person narrative game that is co-produced by Crytek or Io Barcelona and Worlds Edge and is like a more robust extension of what Ryse tried to be.

That would definitely be a winner in my eyes.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
No.

I dont think we'll see it until Deathloop is out from Arkane Lyon. A Prey sequel with more and diverse enemies would be amazing.

I still believe those Vampire IP rumours though.
Xbox and Bethesda can't show Deathloop at E3, though. It would be a really good way to distract from the fact that Deathloop is exclusive and Arkane Austin might not have had the same development delays that Lyon has run into.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Everything in that contract is pretty industry standard.

Sony is down horrendously bad if that document is real

Again, industry standard.

All the red boxed second of the contract says is that the game has to be the best it can be on the PlayStation platform, hence "material platform limitations" and that the game can't be released with a new package and exclude PlayStation (think Dragon Quest XI).

The other one is a pretty standard first right of refusal.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Everything in that contract is pretty industry standard.

Again, industry standard.

All the red boxed second of the contract says is that the game has to be the best it can be on the PlayStation platform, hence "material platform limitations" and that the game can't be released with a new package and exclude PlayStation (think Dragon Quest XI).

The other one is a pretty standard first right of refusal.
Ah ok, for some reason it read to me like 'game is not allowed to run better on other platforms'..but I obviously don't know shit about how these contracts are routinely worded.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Ah ok, for some reason it read to me like 'game is not allowed to run better on other platforms'..but I obviously don't know shit about how these contracts are routinely worded.

Yea, these contracts aren't really meant to be seen by people outside of legal, marketing and maybe one or two other teams, haha.

It's all just highlighting that the developer has to push the game as hard as they can on the console and can't half ass it on the platform (in this case PlayStation) and release a much better version elsewhere. So they are commonly structured in a "Game will make full use of the platform's featureset" way.

The forced parity thing has always been this way no? The gamepass ban is lame though.

There is no forced parity within this contract and anyone telling you otherwise is suspect. The gamepass bit is part of first right of refusal, which means if Capcom wants to put the game on a streaming service, PlayStation has the right to a deal first.

Again, standard stuff when it comes to covering marketing costs.

Jun 15, 2020
Sony would have to be really asleep at the wheel to not have something about Game Pass in their contracts. I don't really have an issue with it. It's clearly not hurting GP that bad.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I think that clause was that late ports needed added content. Although both Microsoft and Sony had that type of clause for a time (and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did as well).

I'm pretty sure it was launch parity that was the big problem for indie games. Xbox wouldn't let you come over if you'd launched on another platform earlier.

There were a lot of issues for indies in those days, but that was a major one.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
Finally i'm coming home. Happy to here again.

So, what do you think about latest Xbox rumors?
I don't think SE Will happen but i've good feelings on TECHLAND

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Xbox Series S arrived today! Unfortunately been busy with work-related items since its arrival, so only been able to download games from Game Pass. I can finally play through generations of Xbox exclusives that have eluded me due to being primarily PlayStation-focused for a couple decades.

Jun 15, 2020
Xbox Series S arrived today! Unfortunately been busy with work-related items since its arrival, so only been able to download games from Game Pass. I can finally play through generations of Xbox exclusives that have eluded me due to being primarily PlayStation-focused for a couple decades.
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise, bro.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Capcom so deep in bed with Sony they might as well buy them with all these side deals lol
They already went big with Bethesda. I think that what they will focus on is getting their production pipeline right, getting some Game Pass deals in place while choosing whatever acquisitions come next. For the price, teams and IP, Bethesda was more valuable than any other publisher out there.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
They already went big with Bethesda. I think that what they will focus on is getting their production pipeline right, getting some Game Pass deals in place while choosing whatever acquisitions come next. For the price, teams and IP, Bethesda was more valuable than any other publisher out there.

I meant Sony buy them lol. They are basically tying up Capcom for the next 7 years with this timed nonsense

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I thought for sure it'd be earlier, but now I wouldn't expect it before september.

I think they're going to try to have one major release from Xbox each month after E3.

July: Flight Sim
August: Grounded 1.0
September: Psychonauts 2
October: Age 4
November: Halo: Infinite
It's a little sad that we got nothing from Microsoft since last year ( yeah i know gamepass etc.. And outrider thanks to gamepass feel like it was a microsoft game.)
But i really want a little more than that from Microsoft ( i have to say i am really about the serie x or gamepass in general).
On ps5, i did play in the mean time, miles morales, returnal is coming now and Ratchet too. Kena even it's not a sony game, we know it's coming for july.
For Microsoft we just know) 2021 for the ascent, and psychonaut. :/ ( i just remember that the medium was there haha and i loved it)

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Nice i got the series s too is a fantastic console, bought one for my brother too and he loved it too

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
What this document tells me first and foremost is that we can totally expect games with Xbox marketing to come to GP sooner or later (like what happened with Dirt 5, Second Extinction, The Falconeer). That's why Watch Dogs Legion is a super likely candidate for soon-ish.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Heads up, a bunch of those game stack sessions were posted to the Microsoft Game Stack YouTube channel, if anyone's interested.

Here's one:

Status
Not open for further replies.