• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft BUILD keynote today. Made me remember the old 'wait for BUILD' meme here 😂

wonder if there's any possibility of xbox news there.

There's always a possibility but it's not likely. There's the rumor of the new store but even that is a long shot to be talked about today.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Bethesda's were Sunday I think but Nintendo and MS was Monday and Sony was usually Tuesday...I think.
I remember traditionally MS being Monday morning (like 10am PST) and then Sony being Monday evening (like 5pm PST) for a while, with Ubisoft and EA in between.

But in 2019 in was on June 9, and in 2018 it was June 10, both Sundays. (This was also around the time that I think EA started doing Saturday?)

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Those games aren't similar at all but instead of learning from this experience let's deflect and inaccurately claim it's people being defensive about Xbox. LOL

Once again these games would never be compared but are only being compared because one's a Sony exclusive and the other is a Xbox exclusive. It'd be different if it was a new Resistance or another FPS but it's not.

The comparison is as silly as comparing Doom to Tomb Raider.
The only comparisons I am making is that they are both AAA open world crossgen games coming out this year and I'm curious to see how they both look and perform. If a new Assassins Creed was coming out this year I would have compared it to that, just like I could have compared Halo to Valhalla if it actually came out last year.

If you're looking for a closer comparison, it doesn't really exist, that's why another comparison is not being made. If you want to push the "console warring" narrative to anything looking at Xbox critically than go ahead, knock yourself out.

Also if you think the comparison is not apt, then we will have to agree to disagree there.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Splitscreen, 60fps, 120fps multi, 4 player co-op, first vs third person, XB1 vs PS4 base, forge, physics, tech debt, AI etc. The easiest comparison to make, is look at Halo 4 graphically and then think about what had to be sacrificed to achieve that in comparison to previous Halo games. Even the smallest most basic things you wouldn't think about, like in Halo 4 weapons on the ground despawn and very quickly at that. Then look at Halo 5 moving to 60fps and look at the sacrifices that had to be made to achieve that, every feature you add and every corner you don't cut or use a trick to achieve has to be paid for. You also have to take into account when each went into development.

That was Jerry Hook (head of design), it was in relation to campaign support. I think multi is suppose to be or was suppose to be 4 player splitscreen, similar to previous Halo games.

yeah such different games.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what Jeff said, we're going to see the Typhoon game and the Arkane Austin game at E3.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only comparisons I am making is that they are both AAA open world crossgen games coming out this year and I'm curious to see how they both look and perform. If a new Assassins Creed was coming out this year I would have compared it to that, just like I could have compared Halo to Valhalla if it actually came out last year.

If you're looking for a closer comparison, it doesn't really exist, that's why another comparison is not being made. If you want to push the "console warring" narrative to anything looking at Xbox critically than go ahead, knock yourself out.

Also if you think the comparison is not apt, then we will have to agree to disagree there.
The comparison is not apt. Halo infinite is a semi open world game with different ambitions and targets due to it being a FPS with a singleplayer campaign offering split screen co op and a multiplayer component that are both equally important. Halo Infinite can be judged on it's own merits.

LOL @ comparing Halo Infinite to a new Assassin's Creed. Do you not hear how silly you sound?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Hopefully they cancel Avowed and keep going at The Elder Scrolls 6.
5avw95.jpg

Even for a twitter take, that was just....

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still banking on Turn 10 stealing the show with a decent amount of motorsport footage. That alone would make my e3. My favorite studio not being there would be pretty damn deflating....

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Avowed, Fable and Perfect Dark seem to be really far off.
I'm hoping we get to see Halo Infinite, New Forza, Starfield and maybe a teaser to Gears 6 and some new IPs.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
If they annouce another vague thing with just a CGI teaser and title. I swear to god....theres literally nothing I can do about it.
Why get angry when you don't even know what they're going to show? 😂
It is a connected world game I think and I think people have guessed that it is avalanche (Just Cause Devs)
Jeff said the Typhoon project is not Avalanche on another podcast.
Jeff basically said 2023 is the year of MS. 2021 and 2022 will be sorta tame in terms of their big AAA games.
He previously said 2022 was going to be a pretty good year in terms of releases, but yeah 2023 is the big first year.

Sep 7, 2020
5 years since 2018 - yep, Checks out. I think I made a joke regarding this a few years back.
To be fair, I think 2022 might be splendid with STALKER 2, Motorsport, and Halo updates.
Yeah, I think for me personally, if they can secure some big third-party day one Gamepass deals and expand upon that while first party games are being developed then I will definitely be ok. Unfortunately, alot of people won't and will turn to other platforms but thats ok.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The comparison is not apt. Halo infinite is a semi open world game with different ambitions and targets due to it being a FPS with a singleplayer campaign offering split screen co op and a multiplayer component that are both equally important. Halo Infinite can be judged on it's own merits.

LOL @ comparing Halo Infinite to a new Assassin's Creed. Do you not hear how silly you sound?
Ok so according to you Halo Infinite cannot be compared to literally anything, cool.

I think it's best we end our conversation here.

WarReadyVet

Jun 15, 2020
5 years since 2018 - yep, Checks out. I think I made a joke regarding this a few years back.
To be fair, I think 2022 might be splendid with STALKER 2, Motorsport, and Halo updates.

That and I think 2022 is when you'll get the next big studio acquisition announcement. I know it's been talked about for a while but there's obviously stuff in the works. Rand and Jez have commented as much dating months back. I'm not sure what is or isn't imminent, but I'd think 2022 would be the year they either announce another Zenimax type acquisition, or they roll out a wave of studios.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Really makes me wonder what ms had planned for year if halo didnt get delayed.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still banking on Turn 10 stealing the show with a decent amount of motorsport footage. That alone would make my e3. My favorite studio not being there would be pretty damn deflating....
If Horizon 5 is being revealed as rumors are pointing to there is 0 chance Forza Motorsport is going to be there. Even if Horizon 5 doesn't show up, FM looks to be super early in development and will not be ready to show anything based on last year's reveal.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
ok my multi year XGS/XGP Predictions

2021: Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Flight Simulator, Crossfire X, Forza Horizon 5

2022: Arkane, Starfield, Wolfenstein 3, Forza Motorsport, Project Typhoon, Deathloop Xbox version, Project Omen

2023: project mara, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Compulsion Games new project, Ghostwire Tokyo Xbox, Everwild, XGP unannounced e3 2021 game

2024: Gears 6, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Id Software game, inXile's RPG, Roundhouse Studios game, Forza Horizon 6 next gen exclusive, Project Dragon, outer worlds 2,

2025 and Beyond: The Elder Scrolls, Indiana Jones, and stuff we don't know about yet.

what are your guesses????

:)

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Why get angry when you don't even know what they're going to show? 😂
Jeff said the Typhoon project is not Avalanche on another podcast.
Could have sworn he said that the typhoon symbol was not for Avalanche which Jez has said the symbol has nothing to do the game nor studio.

rewatching now he seemed to be thinking of way to evade the question. 1:04:59 on XNC not sure if I can post the video content here.

Status
Not open for further replies.