• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Probably isn't going to happen, but for Infinite to get the best possible reaction from it's second unveiling would be to show a very similar gameplay demo as was shown, but with all the work they've put to it since the first time.
I agree. It is absolutely a "no-win" situation, but pretending last year's gameplay demo wasn't a colossal disaster isn't the answer. They should acknowledge the technical problems from last year's demo and show that they've fixed them. It seems unlikely the game is getting delayed again so people will be playing it this year. There's no reason to hide anything now. It's too late for something like a well-edited single-player trailer (the route they probably should have taken last year). If they do that this year, it will look like they're hiding the single-player and "confirm" skeptics beliefs that the single-player is broken somehow.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Curious how they will try people to get a the full game tho if the MP is F2P. Guess full game gives some extra benefits to the battle pass.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
And considering how the first showing went, there's definitely going to be some bad reception if they don't show campaign in any form the next time any Infinite footage is released.

Probably isn't going to happen, but for Infinite to get the best possible reaction from it's second unveiling would be to show a very similar gameplay demo as was shown, but with all the work they've put to it since the first time.
I don't think showing the old footage again would be smart, because people want to see new stuff. Having said that I think they should show something from the campaign, but not the same sections. Why? Well, I think the stream quality just won't be good to make comparison's, especially if it's a 1080 low bit rate stream. But as we know, certain people wouldn't be stopped from doing comparisons between the versions, even if it doesn't make sense due to the stream quality.

What I would do as 343 however is letting DF or other outlets playing the old demo to do comparisons and then talk about the visual improvements. I'd also do a blog post with 4K screenshots.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Man Grubb's comments have actually put a bit of downer on for me. I consider myself a Halo ass Halo fan but I was still hoping for a pretty significant showing at E3 with campaign and multiplayer. I loved Halo 5 multiplayer but I was also hoping for some unique take on BR. Jeff kind of poo poo'ed that :(

Jun 15, 2020
Man Grubb's comments have actually put a bit of downer on for me. I consider myself a Halo ass Halo fan but I was still hoping for a pretty significant showing at E3 with campaign and multiplayer. I loved Halo 5 multiplayer but I was also hoping for some unique take on BR. Jeff kind of poo poo'ed that :(
Keep in mind, there's a reason I put "He thinks..." on almost every bullet point. This seemed like most speculation with a little bit of knowledge from sources in there.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Honestly, I'm generally unsure what to feel on Halo. Despite playing 1-3 and at least enjoying 2 and 3 a lot.........I kinda am just struggling to care or be excited for Infinite. If I was hoping to see more of anything it was campaign, but welp.

Hope it's not a super long showing. I'm open to trying Halo Infinite's MP, but honestly I haven't gone super deep into a multiplayer thing in years, and the main reason is just how infested with MTs multiplayer games are nowadays.

If it weren't for gamepass Infinite would probably be an easy skip for me.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Thought that they would have learned from 2019 that it is not a good idea to just show MP. IMO people aren't worried about MP they are worried about campaign. And not showing it there when it will have the most attention is just gonna make people believe MS are just trying to hide something.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Thought that they would have learned from 2019 that it is not a good idea to just show MP. IMO people aren't worried about MP they are worried about campaign. And not showing it there when it will have the most attention is just gonna make people believe MS are just trying to hide something.

It will be shown in a story trailer featuring gameplay and cutscene snippets, but like every Halo ever they don't want to spoil really anthing about the campaign. Multiplayer will be the focus and push right into public flighting/beta.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm generally unsure what to feel on Halo. Despite playing 1-3 and at least enjoying 2 and 3 a lot.........I kinda am just struggling to care or be excited for Infinite. If I was hoping to see more of anything it was campaign, but welp.

Hope it's not a super long showing. I'm open to trying Halo Infinite's MP, but honestly I haven't gone super deep into a multiplayer thing in years, and the main reason is just how infested with MTs multiplayer games are nowadays.

If it weren't for gamepass Infinite would probably be an easy skip for me.

That's fine. For me the biggest thing Infinte needs to accomplish is to make Halo MP relevant again. Halo should have the same engagement numbers as FH4 does now. Constantly being in the top 10-15 most played Xbox games. Ideally be around the same level as Destiny, Roblox and Rocket League.

Edit: I am talking about months after release.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
It will be shown in a story trailer featuring gameplay and cutscene snippets, but like every Halo ever they don't want to spoil really anthing about the campaign. Multiplayer will be the focus and push right into public flighting/beta.
I know but Jeff makes it sound like not to expect anything on campaign at E3. Which I just think would be a dumb idea.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I'm not worried about Halo Infinite MP, Halo 5 MP was underrated even with his trash level design & map variety. (not trash because of the quality, but on the variety)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

I'm definitely reading too much into this but I feel like this is adding more fuel to the "BF on Game Pass?" fire lol.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Curious how they will try people to get a the full game tho if the MP is F2P. Guess full game gives some extra benefits to the battle pass.
Im interested in how they they sell it too. Thats still the most surprising thing Xbox has done. Every other move has been about Game Pass but the biggest release for XGS has F2P multiplayer.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up Recore over the weekend. Great but flawed game. Really deserves another shot with better budget, I think. So many interesting idea and fun combat. Lots of random bugs and annoying design though.

On to the next!

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I know but Jeff makes it sound like not to expect anything on campaign at E3. Which I just think would be a dumb idea.
I doubt Joseph Staten is editing together a trailer for multiplayer, there will absolutely be a story/campaign trailer. Having watched the video now, he is clearly just speculating anyway.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
That relatively thin Game Pass drop tells me they've got some big announcements to make in a couple of weeks.

Push

Jun 2, 2018
It's funny that some people now talk about an industry-shaking acquisition like Bethesda as if it's small fries because it's old news. The way Microsoft is spending its money is a much more forward-thinking investment than lame moneyhats.

But at the end of the day, both Sony and MS are going to have very compelling line-ups this gen. The idea that the only way for Xbox to win is for Sony to fail is silly. The market is big enough for both to succeed, and the advantage Xbox has now is having the most accessible gaming ecosystem.
Exactly. When the Bethesda news broke, everyone was going on about how Sony *needed* to buy a big publisher to answer Microsoft. How Xbox was playing unfair, etc etc. Now that the news is old, it seems small. As others have said in this thread, the gravity of this situation wont be felt until one of the bigger Bethesda games becomes exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem.

Though I still am of the mind that Xbox can't allow Sony to continue paying to keep games off of xbox. Especially these big games. Even the smaller ones like fall guys hurt Xbox a lot when that game blew up.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Also there will be flighting. So MP will get alot of love and you even can play it before launch.
They should indeed focus on SP wich probably as the biggest reach also. Offcourse show some MP stuff also. But shouldnt be the main course.

Feb 15, 2019
That relatively thin Game Pass drop tells me they've got some big announcements to make in a couple of weeks.

Yeah I think they usually have a big Game Pass announcement at E3, which is around the time they would drop the 2nd batch of Game Pass games this month, so makes sense for this batch to be small so they can make a huge Game Pass announcement at E3

Feb 15, 2019
Also, I'll enjoy it either way , and it's not "that" big of a deal, but I hope with all the changes they're doing to make a "Halo fan's Halo" that they get rid of sprint and the ground pound (can't remember the official name). I may just be a nostalgic person reminiscing in what I consider peak Halo, but with the return of the old artstyle, it would be fun if they returned to a modern take of the old gameplay too. Though with F2P I doubt it happens

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
got spoiled partially on the ending of RE8, and not sure if I should be bummed or not lol.

Was a ways out from playing RE8 either way, but kind of a bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5's sandbox was tuned in a way that made it appealing to long-time Halo fans.
Yeah as an old-ass halo-ass ass-fan, they really figured out some good stuff in regards to halo 5's gameplay
5's gameplay was generally well received by fans
not every choice was a home run, and the lack of BTB was devastating plus the maps were generally poor, but there were some lessons learned with halo 5 that I hope are not entirely forgotten for Infinite
halo doesnt have to mean 2007 any more than Doom had to mean 1993, it just needs authenticity in its evolution (not just taking other popular games and cramming them into this game, like CoD for Halo 4)
but it remains to be seen if infinite will do that successfully

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah as an old-ass halo-ass ass-fan, they really figured out some good stuff in regards to halo 5's gameplay
5's gameplay was generally well received by fans
not every choice was a home run, and the lack of BTB was devastating plus the maps were generally poor, but there were some lessons learned with halo 5 that I hope are not entirely forgotten for Infinite
halo doesnt have to mean 2007 any more than Doom had to mean 1993, it just needs authenticity in its evolution (not just taking other popular games and cramming them into this game, like CoD for Halo 4)
but it remains to be seen if infinite will do that successfully

Doom 2016 SP campaign is the best Halo ass Halo game since Reach or at least the closest any game has felt to Halo.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Still like this shot from the trailer. Its looks clean. Especially the ground

schermafbeelding2021-kuklv.png

yeah parts looked amazing, can't wait for a new SP trailer

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
So I just got one of those Series X consoles this past weekend (through the Insider upgrade path which was pretty neat). Any suggestions on games to play to really show off the new hardware? I was playing Outriders and Prey this weekend, but wanted to know if I'm missing any standouts in the GP library.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got one of those Series X consoles this past weekend (through the Insider upgrade path which was pretty neat). Any suggestions on games to play to really show off the new hardware? I was playing Outriders and Prey this weekend, but wanted to know if I'm missing any standouts in the GP library.
Gears 5/Hivebusters, Forza Horizon 4.

Feb 15, 2019
Battlefield would be a gamechanger to go on Game Pass day 1 (and I'd definitely play it), but man personally I was hoping the big Day 1 game would've been Dying Light 2 or even Far Cry 6 lol, just in terms of my preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.