• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheXboxPost

Banned
Oct 1, 2021
If Xbox has anything there it'll be GAAS game updates imo.

0% chance they give any heavy hitters there.

I wouldnt be so sure. SGF is going to be a BIG event where users from every platform will be watching. I'd use that the same way Xbox did with Series X and Hellblade 2 reveal.

It might be a Starfield Teaser painting at the showcase.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
0. Unannounced Morrowind or Oblivion remake (I can dream)
1. Elder Scrolls 6
2. Starfield
3. Fallout 5 (I know, I'm cheating here since it's not announced).
4. Fable
5. Perfect Dark

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
1. Elder Scrolls 6
2. Starfield
4. Fable
5. Perfect Dark
N7paMOV.png

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Great energy in here, love to see it. Show will be here before we know it
1. Elder Scrolls 6
2. Starfield
4. Fable
5. Perfect Dark
Morrowind is glorious, playing it on my Mac rn. Hope they revisit it on console, I just want widescreen support!

Oct 12, 2020
What is your current top 5 power ranking for announced XGS games?

Me:
  1. Everwild
  2. Avowed
  3. Fable
  4. Starfield
  5. State of Decay 3

Naming a Top 5 is VERY difficult for me. Goes to show just how many highly anticipated titles they have coming which align with my tastes. But here goes….

1. Starfield
2. Avowed
3. Hellblade 2
4. Fable
5. Everwild

Pains me to exclude Forza Motorsport, Outer Worlds 2, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark…and I'm only leaving out Elder Scrolls 6 because it's so far away. If it were closer, it would be near the top.

I'm hoping after this Showcase that inXile's and Compulsion's projects are no linger in the "unannounced" category. If they show up, one or both of these could easily move into the top 5 of my most anticipated list. InXile's game in particular sounds right up may alley.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Well, if we are looking at Phil's play history I still find it interesting that he not only played Eiyuden Chronicles Rising but played it extensively and beat it yesterday. So, he kept going back to it. Wonder if we might see a closer partnership between Rabbit & Bear and Xbox at some point in the future.

Well that's a different situation. This and Ninja Gaiden are his most recent played games, but they were also recently added to Game Pass. He tends to play a lot of games as they release on the service. Banjo is a complete outlier. It was released back in 2008 and he decides to play and unlock his first ever achievement for it just days away from the showcase. That's a tease if ever there's been one.

More info on Avowed by Jez Corden:

- he saw a build from April 2021
- it looks pretty damn great, playable and ready
- similar to Outer Worlds in terms of scope
- big expansive hubs all connected, not big as Ubisoft OW
- 120 people as of April 2021, now they're more
- graphically is a stylized game, not photorealistic goal, but less cartoony
- more graphics details than Outer Worlds
- combat is super dynamic
- great animations, spells are from POE
- lot of physics combat
- quality focus on melee combat
- Jez said the game looks super impressive and super cool
- it just look ultra fun
- bandit gameplay, backstabbing enemies, stealth gameplay
- ranger gameplay, magic arrows
- warrior gameplay, sword and shield gameplay
- game is full of spells
- game is more combat oriented than Skyrim and mass effecty in its sort relationships with characters
- gameplay was really solid as April 2021
- Obsidian to the next level
- not as the same level as Starfield
- it's simply a stronger game than Outer Worlds
- Obsidian is probably gonna end up being one of best MS purchase

This sounds really, really good and has gotten me much more excited for it than before. Thanks for sharing!

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Well that's a different situation. This and Ninja Gaiden are his most recent played games, but they were also recently added to Game Pass. He tends to play a lot of games as they release on the service. Banjo is a complete outlier. It was released back in 2008 and he decides to play and unlock his first ever achievement for it just days away from the showcase. That's a tease if ever there's been one.
I mean, they all three could be hints...

Is Phil's achievement list the 2022 Phil's shelf?
lfg

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Banjo 3 is an FF7R-caliber announcement, refuse to get my hopes up on that one for fear of being let down

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
What make you think that Avowed will not have that Ambitions ?

And also how you describe Ambitions ? Big Open world space ?
Basically, the rumors/leaks from Jez C., which have been recapped a few pages back.
I'm not interested in big, empty OWs à la Ubi, or in boring repetitive quests (of which Wild Hunt is guilty, too). Meaningful, branching narrative, even for the side-quests (see the Bloody Baron story arch in Wild Hunt), deep lore and interaction with the NPCs, etc., something that makes the world alive and interesting.

you can have a project be ambitious and still be the scope of the outer worlds. Ambition isnt limited to the "size" of the game (aka what scope is being used for in the context of OW)
Reading the rumors' recap, it didn't feel like the "scope" similarities with TOW were limited to the size of the maps. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my impression.

Forgive me if this was already posted, but ark 2 french twitter account said ark2 will be at xbox showcase

That game was one of the things I didn't want to see in the show, lol
Most-wanted unannounced games? For me:

1) Prey 2
2) Alien Isolation 2
3) New Viva Piñata
4) Gears Collection
5) Sekiro 2

My list includes games that will likely never be announced, but here it is:

1. Lost Odyssey 2 (or a prequel)
2. Quantum Break 2
3. inXile rumored steampunk RPG
4. PoP
5. Rumored The Coalition new IP

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Meaningful, branching narrative, even for the side-quests (see the Bloody Baron story arch in Wild Hunt), deep lore and interaction with the NPCs, etc., something that makes the world alive and interesting.

This is basically Obsidian's entire thing. The only arguable exception has been tOW, and this is pretty obviously a more ambitious production than that. If that's what you're looking for I can't imagine you really have to worry.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
1. Forza Motorsport (I think Turn 10 is gonna get looker of the show.)
2. Starfield ( Top tier genre, best setting)
3. Avowed ( Hoping for a really deep and reactive combat system)
4. Fable ( It's really tied with starfield for most anticipated environments)
5. Outer Worlds 2 ( I enjoyed 1 and the writing. Obsidian really has a chance to join the small list of studios i really anticipate anything from.)

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
This is basically Obsidian's entire thing. The only arguable exception has been tOW, and this is pretty obviously a more ambitious production than that. If that's what you're looking for I can't imagine you really have to worry.

Exactly, TOW is an exception, but when I see that Avowed is compared to TOW, well, I legit "worry".

Wait, is Tabata working on Lost Odyssey 2?
This has become the wish thread yes?
Sakaguchi
If you're talking about my comment, yes, it's only a wish and I said it clearly. False alarm.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Josh Sawyer coming up with something he's excited about and not just what he thinks the fans want. Pillars was fine, but it was a game he made for us. And we don't know shit. ;)

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Thought we knew inXile was already working on different IP (that I'm convinced is Arcanum). It's a steampunk FPS RPG.

So whenever I say Arcanum I actually mean an Arcanum spiritual successor, because I figured the rights were unclear and of course they didn't belong to InXile. But I just looked it up and it would appear they belong to... Wait for it...

Activision :D

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Exactly, TOW is an exception, but when I see that Avowed is compared to TOW, well, I legit "worry".

Eh this doesn't seem worth the heartache. I think even reliable insiders are awful at knowing and then conveying production details like this and always use extremely unhelpful generalizations and comparisons. Like how does Jez have any idea about reactivity density or whatever wrt Outer Worlds?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I'll bite

Most wanted announced
1. Perfect Dark
2. Forza Motorsport
3. Starfield
4. Avowed
5. Fable

Most wanted unannounced pipe dreams
1. Killer Instinct sequel (duh)
2. Banjo Threeie
3. Xbox Kart Racing
4. Quake Reboot
5. Gears 6

I'm actually pretty optimistic at least one of my pipe dreams will get teased next week.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Eh this doesn't seem worth the heartache. I think even reliable insiders are awful at knowing and then conveying production details like this and always use extremely unhelpful generalizations and comparisons. Like how does Jez have any idea about reactivity density or whatever wrt Outer Worlds?

This is very true and always worth keeping in mind.

jpmoney0421

May 16, 2022
1. Starfield
2. Gears 6
3. Fable
4. Avowed
5. Wolfenstein 3
6. Doom 3
7. Banjo
8. Indiana Jones

Hyped to see these games at the Showcase!! Its going to be epic and our minds will be Blown! Xbox is about to have its S tier showcase this year hands down.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Do y'all think the event will be shorter or longer than 90 minutes? I'm siding on longer, so much gameplay to show.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
L
Do y'all think the event will be shorter or longer than 90 minutes? I'm siding on longer, so much gameplay to show.

Yeah, I think it will be around 90-100min. This year have way more games than last year (I hope) and last year was a ~85min show

EDIT: the summer game fest event schedule say its 2 hours show for the xbox showcase, wonder if its right.

Last edited:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Really want to see

Starfield
Forza Motorsport
Avowed
Redfall
Hellblade 2

All are very likely to be there too. Gonna be awesome.

Less likely but also need Wolfenstein 3 please!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Honestly, shorter. 85-90 mins sounds ideal to me. SoP showed us how much ground you can cover in 30 mins. Now unlike Sony, MS is gonna have a huge 1st party presence. Between 1P and 3P, the show should reach 60 mins quite comfortably. Then you consider that at least a few of these titles are gonna get extended looks, which I think an additional 30 mins is plenty of time to account for.

Basically if I'm putting the show together, I'm cutting fat and killing my darlings until I get a snappy presentation with zero drag. Constant momentum! The further you go past 90, the harder it is to hold the audience's interest. If people are checking their watches or drifting off (*cough* The Game Awards *cough*) then you're doing it wrong

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Basically, the rumors/leaks from Jez C., which have been recapped a few pages back.
I'm not interested in big, empty OWs à la Ubi, or in boring repetitive quests (of which Wild Hunt is guilty, too). Meaningful, branching narrative, even for the side-quests (see the Bloody Baron story arch in Wild Hunt), deep lore and interaction with the NPCs, etc., something that makes the world alive and interesting.

Yeah so you have nothing to worried about. you just describe an Obsidian game

thought you talked about the scale of the map etc... things like that. (they build tools to make expansive worlds)

Status
Not open for further replies.