Aug 31, 2021
1-Starfield
2-Starfield season pass
3-Starfield companion app
4-Starfield special edition
5-Starfield game of the century edition

Oct 12, 2020
FUb0maOXEAIgIqZ

OMG, the Pacific Northwest vibe (my home base) coming through strong there. Not sure how a simple image like that can jack up the hype further for me…but it has!

And how lucky are we that that man on the left in the puffy coat is at the helm of Xbox? He's literally one of us.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
I would love to see them starting the show with the line "everything you'll see today will be available day one on gamepass". Even the third party stuff like Soul Hackers 2, Saints Row or Gotham Knights to soften the delay of Starfield and Redfall.

I Dont think this will happen this year, but 2023 its possible

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
The leaks and the rumors about Avowed make me wish that Obsidian would develop a triple A game, something with a bigger scope than The Outer Worlds. They have the talent, the resources (funding, at least) and the time to make that game that would put them in the same basket as Bethesda or CDPR (pre-CP77).
Probably TOW2 will be THAT game, but for now, the fact that they are making small games seems like a waste of talent and potential.
What is your current top 5 power ranking for announced XGS games?

Me:
  1. Everwild
  2. Avowed
  3. Fable
  4. Starfield
  5. State of Decay 3

1. Fable
2. Everwild
3. Starfield
4. Redfall
5. Avowed

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
What is your current top 5 power ranking for announced XGS games?

Me:
  1. Everwild
  2. Avowed
  3. Fable
  4. Starfield
  5. State of Decay 3

1. Starfield
2. Avowed
3. Fable
4. The Outer Worlds 2
5. Perfect Dark

Redfall can change my mind with a good gameplay trailer. I really disliked what that CGI trailer showed last year (art, tone, dialog, co-op game, etc). At the same time, I think Arkane is the strongest developer in the Xbox lineup (imo), so we'll see. I'm still hopeful about it.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The leaks and the rumors about Avowed make me wish that Obsidian would develop a triple A game, something with a bigger scope than The Outer Worlds. They have the talent, the resources (funding, at least) and the time to make that game that would put them in the same basket as Bethesda or CDPR (pre-CP77).
Probably TOW2 will be THAT game, but for now, the fact that they are making small games seems like a waste of talent and potential.

1. Fable
2. Everwild
3. Starfield
4. Redfall
5. Avowed
Pretty sure Avowed is AAA. Wasn't the big bulk of the studio was working on it when TOW was being made? It should be their biggest game in a decade. They won't make games the size of Bethesda or CDPR because they aren't nearly the size of those studios.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
1. Fable
2. Perfect Dark
3. State of Decay 3

I don't care about WRPGs and JRPGs, Playground is the way.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
All this avowed back and forth. We should do some avatar bets. Like if Avowed isn't shown I'll put a silly hat on my pale elf avatar. In between my sobs of anguish of course.

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Avowed is AAA

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'm on the Redfall hype train.

Arkane never fails and the most ambitious game from the creators of Prey and Dishonored will make a lot of people go nuts.

I can see it being a huge new IP to Xbox and Bethesda, a open-world coop shooter with the level of detail and polishment Arkane puts in their games launching day one on Gamepass.

5014adbf9a7613526c42cc8f4cc57f2043e2a3d7.gifv

can't wait to see it.

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022
IIRC last years show leaked hours before it was supposed to go live. I vaguely recall an Xbox Era mod telling everyone to go dark if they didn't want to be spoiled because someone had got a hold of the whole show list.
Was thinking about an avatar to express my hypeness for the showcase, anyone got any ideas? 🤔
Something Wolfenstein related?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
1. Perfect Dark
2. Everwild
3. Indiana Jones
4. Redfall
5. Another 2 Halo maps at some point in the next decade

The WRPGs can go in the trash.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
Pretty sure Avowed is AAA. Wasn't the big bulk of the studio was working on it when TOW was being made? It should be their biggest game in a decade. They won't make games the size of Bethesda or CDPR because they aren't nearly the size of those studios.

Forget the "AAA", it's too generic a term and doesn't properly convey what I'm trying to say.
What I mean is that I wish that they made games with bigger ambitions, something like The Witcher 3, Mass Effect or TES. Yes, compared to Bethesda, BioWare, and CDPR, Obsidian is a "small" studio, and developing 3 (4) games at a time doesn't help either. Sawyer said that he doesn't want to direct big games anymore, after the experience with FONV, and Boyarsky and Cain probably won't be around much longer.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Forget the "AAA", it's too generic a term and doesn't properly convey what I'm trying to say.
What I mean is that I wish that they made games with bigger ambitions, something like The Witcher 3, Mass Effect or TES. Yes, compared to Bethesda, BioWare, and CDPR, Obsidian is a "small" studio, and developing 3 (4) games at a time doesn't help either. Sawyer said that he doesn't want to direct big games anymore, after the experience with FONV, and Boyarsky and Cain probably won't be around much longer.
Let me help, you must mean AAAA games.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Obsidian isn't small. They have nearly 300 employees.

That is 4x the amount of people that worked on Skyrim btw

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
You know, if the Xbox Brass seem to be this excited…it just seems to add to the likelihood this thing is gonna be good. 😀

But here's the thing…if it isn't… and Avowed is a no-show…I'll be ok. But this damn Hype Train Hype Fleet vibe is just too damn fun not to run with. So let's goooooooooo!

The show will be great!, will i see every game there i want too?, doubt it, but i'm still going to see plenty of games i do want to see so it's all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.