• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Carrie patel has been game director for Avowed since 2019. She was just on Obsidian entertainment twitch live stream when ask what she was doing she said "I'm the Game Director on Avowed" maybe Jason mix games up

yeah i think that's the case lol, still a possible no show today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously leakers can fuck off since we are a few hours away. Anyone looking for internet clout can fuck off in general.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Does this mean we can finally put to rest the constant asking why Xbox is not showing Avowed, as it is ready? Plus the ridiculous rumour that Xbox asked for an Avowed trailer and instead got ToW2 lol.
Yeah, that rumor was clearly ridiculous BS. If the game isn't shown, it simply isn't ready yet, not because of miscommunication or Microsoft being stupid.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
FWIW, Jason has deleted his tweet after people were taking it as confirmation as Avowed not being part of the show. I think he was speculating based on his info of the game being rebooted but he doesn't know.

not a good look for him.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
master-chief.gif

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I deleted the tweet because I don't want news sites and forums making a whole thing out of something I dashed off on my phone while waiting in line to pick up bagels. What I said remains true (and I believe that's been reported in the past). I have no idea whether the game will be shown off today, but it went through a major leadership change last year and has been rebooted multiple times.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I deleted the tweet because I don't want news sites and forums making a whole thing out of something I dashed off on my phone while waiting in line to pick up bagels. What I said remains true (and I believe that's been reported in the past). I have no idea whether the game will be shown off today, but it went through a major leadership change last year and has been rebooted multiple times.
I respect that as we all know how things spread like wildfire. I would ask for an elaboration as to what "reboot" means but then that would probably become a story in itself for blogspam sites and this forum lol.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
What was the leadership change?

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Interesting. So many people have said they have seen gameplay of it and said it look great. Many claim a trailer was supposed to be shown last year I guess they were wrong

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Creating a thread right now "Schreier rebooted Avowed because his Bagels took too long"

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

Area designer who work on avowed RT Xbox showcase announcement back in April.

Glad Jason doesn't know if it will be there, sound like we have still a chance.

But yeah Pattel is Game Director & Art Director change too.

Dan platt was the art director, it was replaced by POE1/POE2 DLC Art director

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Yikes if this true. We had reports that avowed was going well. However now it sounds like we won't be seeing it for years. Wtf

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your information, Jason. I do appreciate that you came here to clarify.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Rebooting can be a big word, but it can also be like Story reboot or something like that, it's not like they will kill all the content they created.

Guess it can be more story related.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
A reboot doesn't necessarily means a COMPLETE reboot. It could be some things changed, like when the narrative designer left the project/Obsidian they could have rebooted all of that work, but other systems and designs not necessarily got rebooted too.

And Jez viewed an build from April 2021, IIRC it would be after those changes happened on the team, right?

The reality is that we have no idea what's going on with Avowed and can only hope that it shows up today at the showcase.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Thank you for sharing, 👍

Interested in what the other insiders that have been repeating ad nauseam that the game is in a great spot have to say on this

Status
Not open for further replies.