• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
imo it's going to be something like this next year:

winter-redfall
spring-starfield
summer-contraband
september/october - avowed
november/december - hellblade 2

+ AA publishing releases
This is looking like a safe bet. The only game I can see slipping into 2023 is Hellblade II. The rest of those games were slated for 2022 at one point or another either internally or publicly. Add in those inevitable Xbox Games Publishing projects and a few surprises and you have an insanely stacked year the likes of which we have never seen before.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
oz1OMWK.png

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
About Wolf 3, if it doesn't exist then this means that Machine is still working on another project. So I guess the dream for a second half AAA game is alive.

Could it be Quake?

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I really hope we get to see some Avowed. I have Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 downloaded, but I want to play them leading up to Avowed so the story is fresh in my head.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
whats funny to me is if FF7R and P5 do end up being announced for Xbox and even on Game Pass I'd be like "oh nice" but never actually play them. But it would be one of those things to cross of the list finally for the community lol
That's where I'm at.

I hated what they did with FF7R so much that I wish I could erase it from my memories and go back to wishing what a FF7 Remake could look like lol

And I also don't feel like these super late ports should be celebrated because I feel like it kinda signals to these companies that this is good enough, which it isn't. I know that's not what's being celebrated but companies as a whole sometimes feel that stupid, if you get what I'm trying to say.

However, I still recognise that launching those two games on Xbox would be a huge deal in and of itself. Persona more so than Final Fantasy 7 Remake, to be honest. Persona on Xbox would be like Yakuza coming to Xbox, symbolising a huge shift. Whereas with Final Fantasy 7 Remake it would just be a shitty exclusivity contract finally ending. Outside of the MMOs, all 3D FF games are on Xbox already, FF is already at home on this platform.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Having always had interest in FFVIIR but not enough to actually buy it on Playstation, I'd definitely play it if it came to Game Pass.

Having never played a Persona game before because I wasn't really interested in the setting or the games, I'd still try it out on Game Pass given how highly the games seem to be regarded.

So, if both FFVIIR and Persona 5 are announced for Game Pass, it would be a really nice boost for me, personally. I think I'd play them both.

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
anyone need a 11882x11882 pixels version of the Starfield cover?

edit: cant upload it here, the jpg is over 50mb ...where can I upload it ?

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Excited to see Starfield game play, I'm hoping (begging) for a silent protagonist.
I can see it going either way, though I cant see them wanting to normalize voiced protags in their games considering that TES has 2 sex choices across 10 races which would mean theyd need 20 VA's for the PC and the 10's of thousands of recorded lines which would be way better spent on more VA's for the NPCs.

Ideally if it is voiced for starfield then i hope they give us a toggle to turn it off.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Even if you remain skeptical and don't want to encourage late ports (trust me, I got into a whole argument in an earlier OT because I said Xbox should draw a line in the sand and stop doing GP deals for late ports), I cannot recommend FF7R or Persona 5 Royal enough. Just like anime, there is a certain level of cultural differences that you might be indifferent to, but once you get over that, these are legit great games. Persona 5 Royal is my favorite of all time. Not sure if we'll see a Persona 5 port, but I do expect FF7R now.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

So, we have Warhammer in September and Scorn in October. Wonder if we can slot in Plague Tale 2 before?

August/September (?) - A Plague Tale 2
September - Warhammer Darktide
October - Scorn
October (?) - Forza Motorsport

Also possible additions this year that we know of already.

AOE Console?

Deathloop

Somerville

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn

Deleted member 112546

Potentially interesting stuff

careers.microsoft.com

Senior Gaming Technology Advisor in Redmond, Washington, United States | Business Operations at Microsoft

Apply for Senior Gaming Technology Advisor job with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, United States. Business Operations at Microsoft

Xbox Game Studios Services is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Sr. Gaming Technology Advisor to help drive strategic central projects and shared solutions for Xbox Game Studios.

We are looking for an experienced Sr. Gaming Technology Advisor to collaborate with our first-party studios in identifying and working with the best gaming technology options across Xbox Game Studios (XGS), helping prioritize short and long term needs for external gaming software used in our games. This role is part of the XGS Middleware Program and will partner with technical directors, developer account managers and other technical stakeholders for each first-party studio, supporting the mission of the External Technology and Suppliers (XTS) team: Enable Xbox Game Studios to create world-class games by proactively looking for best-in-class external game content creation services and production technology companies globally.

Responsibilities
  • Build relationships within Xbox Game Studios (XGS) to provide insight and analysis on viable middleware solutions for our studios.
  • Track and consolidate information about gaming technology shipping with our games in collaboration with business work streams from the XGS Middleware Program.
  • Compile and communicate roadmaps of middleware products relevant to XGS, with focus on supported Microsoft and non-Microsoft platforms.
  • Research new middleware technology solutions with potential to be used in our projects.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm torn on this. I find that I really like FO4's cinematic, dynamic camera during the dialogue, but that would look very weird if the protagonist isn't speaking.
Maybe they can make the voice (and the dialogue camera) optional.

The problem with VA is that it usually means less dialogue because of all the work. So you get options like "Yes" "No" "Perhaps"

Status
Not open for further replies.