Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2020
Not gonna lie; Phil's shelf was easier to handle. I hope you like it so far.
More than 170 people are on board.
Only tag me or Dm me to get a ticket. Thank you.
gjiQtGY.jpg

I'm in the bowels of the 4th ship. Not exactly prime seating for one of my age and experience (not to mention in the top 4 in the last OT Hall of Shame), but it will do!

This is looking to be easily exceeding Phil's shelf on the Hype--o-meter. 💥

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Even if you remain skeptical and don't want to encourage late ports (trust me, I got into a whole argument in an earlier OT because I said Xbox should draw a line in the sand and stop doing GP deals for late ports), I cannot recommend FF7R or Persona 5 Royal enough. Just like anime, there is a certain level of cultural differences that you might be indifferent to, but once you get over that, these are legit great games. Persona 5 Royal is my favorite of all time. Not sure if we'll see a Persona 5 port, but I do expect FF7R now.
As much as I dislike the story in FF7R, I thought the combat was really, really fun. Probably the biggest (positive) surprise for me.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
As much as I dislike the story in FF7R, I thought the combat was really, really fun. Probably the biggest (positive) surprise for me.
I didn't have a point of reference (never played FF7 before Remake) so I found it to be enjoyable.

Been playing FF7 a bit, and it definitely feels like it drags on in Remake, I still enjoy it a lot though!

Oct 12, 2020

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i know a lot of people want it and i be happy for them if happens, but i personally dont want ff7r to be on game pass or whatever because i fucking hate nomura and i would prefer the money to go to others devs.

persona would be all around amazing tho.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
i know a lot of people want it and i be happy for them if happens, but i personally dont want ff7r to be on game pass or whatever because i fucking hate nomura and i would prefer the money to go to others devs.

persona would be all around amazing tho.
I personally believe Xbox should stop giving Game Pass deals to games that are ported to the platform late, due to exclusivity or just ignoring Xbox, however since Xbox is having a rather slow year I'm cool with some late ports getting onto Game Pass.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
I personally believe Xbox should stop giving Game Pass deals to games that are ported to the platform late, due to exclusivity or just ignoring Xbox, however since Xbox is having a rather slow year I'm cool with some late ports getting onto Game Pass.

yes, who really wanted to play these games, already did, xbox need to spend that money with new games, not things from 2-3 years ago.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
yes, who really wanted to play these games, already did, xbox need to spend that money with new games, not things from 2-3 years ago.
Well, the point of Game Pass is to introduce people to different games, right? I think FF7R/P5R on Game Pass would be a huge deal, but I also think they should actively discourage it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Game Pass already has the superior FF7

I like the remake but the pacing suucks

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
To me, it depends on what the deals mean.

If Philip R Spencer went to SEGA/Atlus and got to talking about how to get the next big Persona game to launch day-and-date across Playstation and Xbox and part of that conversation was brining Soul Hackers 2 day-and-date and putting Persona games into Game Pass, I think it's a good thing for Xbox to use Game Pass in this way.

Same could be said about FFVIIR. But it seems to me that FF might be a different beast and might actually be moving away from Xbox. However, if Philip G Spencer had a conversation with Squeenix about "how do we make sure FFVIIR-2 launches day-and-date on Xbox?" and the answer was give us money and Phil said "we can put FFVIIR into Game Pass and pay a premium for it?" then I think that's also a good way to use Game Pass. It's not an outright pay to have it on the system thing.

But if it turns out that none of the work being put in to get Persona and FFVIIR games day-and-date going forward is paying off and they still go Playstation exclusive on future titles, okay. Then there's a point to be made that it might not be a great use of funds.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
Well, the point of Game Pass is to introduce people to different games, right? I think FF7R/P5R on Game Pass would be a huge deal, but I also think they should actively discourage it.

I agree with you, I just don't like how square enix do business, i'd rather see microsoft spend money with publishers that actively support xbox to a publisher that goes to whoever gives them more money., in this case SE with their exclusivity nonsense.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018

I didn't play them, as I don't support money hats and I'm willing to wait.

And you would have a hard time finding someone that wants to play them more than me.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I agree with you, I just don't like how square enix do business, i'd rather see microsoft spend money with publishers that actively support xbox to a publisher that goes to whoever gives them more money., in this case SE with their exclusivity nonsense.
I agree, once Xbox gets the ball rolling with their first party releases, I would like to see them release a policy that games cannot get Game Pass deals unless they release on Xbox day and date (excluding indies). For now, they need everything they can get.

This has been discussed already, amirite?

Man, I know this announcement wouldn´t do nothing for many people, but I would play it right away.
Yep. My prediction in April is paying off 🙏

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I agree, once Xbox gets the ball rolling with their first party releases, I would like to see them release a policy that games cannot get Game Pass deals unless they release on Xbox day and date (excluding indies). For now, they need everything they can get.

Yep. My prediction in April is paying off 🙏

Indies should be the same way, it's either all or nothing!

There are some jp studios skipping xbox with less devs than some indie games.. think about this.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Indies should be the same way, it's either all or nothing!

There are some jp studios skipping xbox with less devs than some indie games.. think about this.
I don't believe it's all or nothing. Some indie games wouldn't exist if it weren't for their exclusivity money... most AAA games like FF7R absolutely would still exist even if they weren't exclusive.

"Indie" is a vague term, realistically it would be games that make under a certain amount of money or something. Similar to how engines like Epic/Unity define "indies"

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

I think many times GP deals are basically porting money (Danganronpa, Zero Escape... stuff like that)

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I don't believe it's all or nothing. Some indie games wouldn't exist if it weren't for their exclusivity money... most AAA games like FF7R absolutely would still exist even if they weren't exclusive.

"Indie" is a vague term, ideally it would be like games that make under a certain amount of money or something. Similar to how engines like Epic/Unity define "indies"

I fully support a gaming world where all games are treated the same, that's the reason I don't have lower expectations for indies, the reason I only play a select few as they often don't meet what I want/like from a game. If you are great you will get deals without being late ports, be it from sony, nintendo, ms, google, amazon, tencent or wtv, late ports are exactly as they read, ''late'' which means they exist already btw

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I think many times GP deals are basically porting money
Which is fine while Xbox didn't have many games and needed to really push Game Pass, but the whole system just seems ripe for abuse from someone like Square who will probably just skip Xbox for any game they feel won't sell all that well and just come later for the Game Pass money.

A policy like that would ideally make publishers think twice about skipping Xbox.

I fully support a gaming world where all games are treated the same, that's the reason I don't have lower expectations for indies, the reason I only play a select few as they often don't meet what I want/like from a game. If you are great you will get deals without being late ports, be it from sony, nintendo, ms, google, amazon, tencent or wtv, late ports are exactly as they read, ''late'' which means they exist already btw
That's fine if you support a world like that. It's not reality, though. An exclusive deal for an indie game is a much more important deal, maybe even vital, for the studio than one for a massive AAA game like FF16.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Which is fine while Xbox didn't have many games and needed to really push Game Pass, but the whole system just seems ripe for abuse from someone like Square who will probably just skip Xbox for any game they feel won't sell all that well and just come later for the Game Pass money.

A policy like that would ideally make publishers think twice about skipping Xbox.

That's fine if you support a world like that. It's not reality, though. An exclusive deal for an indie game is a much more important deal, maybe even vital, for the studio than one for a massive AAA game like FF16.

Let me be clear that I don't agree with you at all, late ports are super important for the jp xbox scene.

Otherwise, xbox players (which If I recall correctly you aren't, so it should be easy to see xbox players not have access to jp gems) will be left with nothing, fan base will get smaller and smaller, jp pubs will feel zero need to put games on xbox as most sales comes from elsewhere.

And btw, the jp publisher that announced the most games for xbox this year aside from bamco was.... Square, day 1 on xbox at all, with no game pass deals.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
sperasoft.com

Sperasoft announces development support for Fallout 76 - Sperasoft | Game Development

USA, Burbank, CA – May 31, 2022 – Sperasoft, a leading games development company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, is pleased to announce

First Double Eleven announcing their continued/expanded partnership with Fallout 76 and now Sperasoft. Not really familiar with them, but interesting to see how many outsourced studios seem to be digging in to FO76. Wonder if they're going to completely outsource FO76 as they move on to Starfield more or maybe ES? Idk. Seems like they are mainly art outsourcing for seasonal content other environment props. I think DE is more "real" development rather than just assets.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Let me be clear that I don't agree with you at all, late ports are super important for the jp xbox scene.

Otherwise, xbox players (which If I recall correctly you aren't, so it should be easy to see xbox players not have access to jp gems) will be left with nothing, fan base will get smaller and smaller, jp pubs will feel zero need to put games on xbox as most sales comes from elsewhere.

And btw, the jp publisher that announced the most games for xbox this year aside from bamco was.... Square, day 1 on xbox at all, with no game pass deals.
Late ports thanks to Game Pass are important to building up a community of people who enjoy JP games on Xbox.

Issue is, publishers take advantage of those late ports and just ignore Xbox from the get go in hopes of getting GP money down the line. Square doesn't do it just with Xbox to be fair, they always shop around to see what platform will pay them, even Epic.

Square definitely does release a lot on Xbox, but now that they sold their western studios, that number has just declined by a lot. Last year NEO TWEWY, Actraiser, FF14 Expansion, and Bravely Default 2 (due to exclusivity) all skipped Xbox. Outside of Nier Replicant and Babylons Fall... every game they released was from their western studios.

We have the same goal: more Japanese games on Xbox. My approach just makes publishers think twice about skipping Xbox in the first place and it also makes it more expensive for Sony to moneyhat games (so they can't moneyhat as many) while yours seemingly allows them to just skip Xbox because they know they'll be able to get guaranteed Game Pass money later on.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022

This is why I think microsoft paid for Sega to port all the yakuza franchise to xbox, and now Sega is releasing a lot of their games on xbox, some even day one gamepass(total warhammer 3, two point campus, Footbal manager).

the problem I see with Square is that they dont care about it at all, they just want money upfront, and if sony go to them with a clause asking for exclusivity, they wont care, they got the money upfront. thats why i dont buy any games from square.

Sikamikanico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, new thread!

Just finished the edit for the annual XboxEra "GET FUCKING EXCITED" trailer, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Goosebump inducing.

Nice to see a lot of positive excitement for the show here (best thread on Reset!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
sperasoft.com

Sperasoft announces development support for Fallout 76 - Sperasoft | Game Development

USA, Burbank, CA – May 31, 2022 – Sperasoft, a leading games development company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, is pleased to announce

First Double Eleven announcing their continued/expanded partnership with Fallout 76 and now Sperasoft. Not really familiar with them, but interesting to see how many outsourced studios seem to be digging in to FO76. Wonder if they're going to completely outsource FO76 as they move on to Starfield more or maybe ES? Idk. Seems like they are mainly art outsourcing for seasonal content other environment props. I think DE is more "real" development rather than just assets.

interesting.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
Everyone remember to register for the xbox Fanfest watch party

There's no better way to celebrate this year's Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase than with friends around the world! That's why we're inviting you to join us in the Xbox FanFest Watch Party. On June 12 we'll be hosting a live event for the FanFest community virtually and on location in Los Angeles, United States; Madrid, Spain; Toronto, Canada; and Melbourne, Australia.​

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Toads reunited, thanks Titania. By next year or will be a meme ;) And I got a new thread smell imagination now thanks to all of you :D

MonadoX

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2022
posting this here on the new page bc people NEED to see this!

www.youtube.com

"Captain! Look at this!" - Unofficial STARFIELD Concept Trailer 2022

This is the unofficial trailer for Starfield I created by animating official concept art.A big thank you to the wonderful voice actors who helped bring this ...

might be one of the best edited unofficial trailers ive ever seen
This was great. I'll probably watch it a few times a day leading up to the show.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Xbox has tried enforcing day and date releases before and it hurt them badly in the long run. Better to just make your platform more appealing to publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.