Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Also, Stanley Parable's Ultra Deluxe Edition is now out. Can get it for 16 bucks on steam until May 4th. Not really MS-related but it was brought up in a past thread so figured Id mention it

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
that kind of was his Job since he joined MS all those years back. He essentially was a closer and would come into studios (mainly through publishing) to help products land.

It sucks and he is probably exhausted. Infinite is prob the largest and now longest (given he basically now just shifted to being a head of the team) project for him in the context of that job.
Def even bigger responsibilities now as head of creative for a singular studio. In Joe we trust

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
There aren't but like i said it isn't specific info, i'm not going in to weeds and doing a play by play of what's in it. I was just commenting on that twitter stuff. The info i gave shouldn't come as surprise to anyone here...its a space game!!!! of course it has flying in it...why wouldn't it? that shouldn't even be topic of discussion for the diehard bethesda fans.
The info that surprised everyone wasn't the fact flying simply "exists" in the game... it's that you went out of your way to say the engine is garbage and you find the flying to be horrible. Not typical of someone to say if they don't want any attention on them, especially since you've already been banned for a similar thing. Sorry to be harsh, I'm just clarifying why people might be questioning you harder than normal.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if a mod can verify these claims since there is no Bethesda tag under the user.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Even more interesting is the fact that this guy claimed to be from an indie studio a few months ago. I don't think this adds up at all but me being wrong would be welcome if there's evidence
I'm seeing the indie developer stuff as well and a few months ago he wanted to protect his identity and now he's telling the world who he is…. this is weird to say the least. I hope we can get clarification soon.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
so i just bought romancing saga 3 on xbox/pc because it's play anywhere and it isn't showing up in the pc game pass app library, sigh. it shows in the microsoft store normally. MS really has to fix some of these little things.

Last time when RPG Time was only available in the MS store, this was their response.

The best advice I could give is to use the feedback/support option in the app and let them know. Or tag dylan directly via Twitter.

Funny enough, I've just double checked the PC Game Pass app and can find RPG Time in my library or via search:

Yin96Yj.jpg

Just weird PC Store things!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing the indie developer stuff as well and a few months ago he wanted to protect his identity and now he's telling the world who he is…. this is weird to say the least. I hope we can get clarification soon.
Without weighing in on whether I think it's true or not - he always said that he worked for a major company while developing his own game on the side.

Oct 25, 2017

Last time when RPG Time was only available in the MS store, this was their response.

The best advice I could give is to use the feedback/support option in the app and let them know.

Funny enough, I've just double checked the PC Game Pass app and can find RPG Time in my library or via search:

Yin96Yj.jpg

Just weird PC Store things!

Yeah, RPG Time is there (also installed on both PC/Xbox). Just found it weird because i could understand RPG Time since it does not have the Play Anywhere tag, but since Romancing Saga has, it should be there. Their reasoning sucks lol i understand it not _being_ there, but then put it there :P

Oct 12, 2020
The info that surprised everyone wasn't the fact flying simply "exists" in the game... it's that you went out of your way to say the engine is garbage and you find the flying to be horrible. Not typical of someone to say if they don't want any attention on them, especially since you've already been banned for a similar thing. Sorry to be harsh, I'm just clarifying why people might be questioning you harder than normal.

Yeah, pretty much my take. Not the first time I've notice that this individual seeming to bask in the attention that some of their spicier comments create. And lets's face it, to refer to Startfield's engine as "garbage" is rather spicy. You might even say inflammatory.

I tend to trust the mods in their verification process, but I would still take these recent comments with a HEAVY dose of salt. Something just seems off.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, RPG Time is there (also installed on both PC/Xbox). Just found it weird because i could understand RPG Time since it does not have the Play Anywhere tag, but since Romancing Saga has, it should be there. Their reasoning sucks lol i understand it not _being_ there, but then put it there :P

Whole thing is held by a duct tape 😅

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
If this turns out to be fake, I really hope Resetera becomes more strict on verification tags. Seeing people on Reddit saying it can't be fake because he's verified.
I initially had no reason to doubt the veracity, but the way this is turning into a Q&A session feels like clout-chasing.

Dozens of people roll off big projects mid-production, and they don't just roll up on message boards with all their impressions and insights on the game.

Definitely a weird vibe.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
NDAs don't typically disappear because you leave a company. In fact they would typically strengthen. I don't see Bethesda or Microsoft as the kind of companies that would just say have it. This same guy said Starfield was not going to hit the target date then claimed he never said the game was going to be delayed and now he's posting about Starfield and Redfall both being in less than ideal shape. Maybe it's all true but people should know this isn't an isolated negative outlook.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Ishow me what i said...go find it and post exactly what i said please.
Here

"That was me, and i'm sure i know what i'm talking about and that small company i work for, is my Company, not my full time job."

www.resetera.com

Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda Softworks |OTXVI| The Age of Infinite Horizons Microsoft - OT

What is game breaking in FH5 patch? I haven't played FH yet after the patch, because I got into Gears 5 again and play with the MCC campaigns. The now saving icon spun endlessly for me three times yesterday. Had to kill it and relaunch.

Im sure once you get verified itll put an end to this though.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
If this turns out to be fake, I really hope Resetera becomes more strict on verification tags. Seeing people on Reddit saying it can't be fake because he's verified.
All a verified tag means is that they work in the industry. It doesn't really mean anything beyond that, their posts should be met with the same scrutiny as any other poster.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
I initially had no reason to doubt the veracity, but the way this is turning into a Q&A session feels like clout-chasing.

Dozens of people roll off big projects mid-production, and they don't just roll up on message boards with all their impressions and insights on the game.

Definitely a weird vibe.
Doesnt know what an NDA is, also claims to work at/own a small company, keeps posting extremely vague but negative statements. Weird vibes indeed.

Hopefully they get verified soon enough so people can stop arguing about this.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
We are going down the same rabbit hole as we did at the beginning of the year with this individual before they got banned. Can we move on?

I'd actually love for the mods to chime in and specifically confirm whether this individual did in fact work for Bethesda or not at any point before last week.... but yes, we have to move on because this is not going anywhere without actual mod intervention.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
I'd actually love for the mods to chime in and specifically confirm whether this individual did in fact work for Bethesda or not at any point before last week.... but yes, we have to move on because this is not going anywhere without actual mod intervention.

ya, that be nice. I mean, they claimed the same thing on Feb 6 saying they just left BGS. That wasnt last week, so idk. Hey, at least we arent banging the japanese topic again.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
In development? It came out years ago on DS I thought? It wasn't called Blue Dragon 2 but was definitely a straight up sequel to Blue Dragon
Oh man, I'd repressed this game's existence from my memory.
Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow[a] is a role-playing video game developed by Mistwalker and tri-Crescendo and published by Namco Bandai in Japan and Europe and D3 Publisher in North America,[1] for the Nintendo DS video game console and is part of the Blue Dragon series, its third installment and is a direct sequel to both Blue Dragon and Blue Dragon Plus. Hironobu Sakaguchi (series creator), Akira Toriyama(character designer) and Hideo Baba (brand manager of Tales series) are involved in the development of the game.[3] It was released in Japan on October 8, 2009, in North America on May 18, 2010, and in Europe on September 24.[3][1]
They did a third one too!

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe and off-putting. There would obviously be some kind of NDA since this isn't an every day occurrence in the game space. They also often post their Youtube/Twitter profiles which seems....very traceable for MS.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
So the engine is shit because you have to implement things into it. Lol. Like, I legit laughed out loud. And that's coming from a character artist whose work has nothing to do with programming and the code. Hevy, how do you implement your characters into the engine? Why is it your job, exactly? Unless Creation Engine 2 works completely differently from the Creation Engine, it's very easy to implement things into it. Amateur modders do it without issues.

There are so many red flags about this guy. Him not knowing that NDA doesn't stop as soon as you stop working on the game is one of them. Him refusing to answer direct questions under the pretense of not wanting to spoil the surprise when he has no problems saying some vague negative stuff. The list goes on.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he did work for bethesda for a long time actually. You actually need to provide positive proof of such things to get a verified tag on Era. So yeah, he worked for bethesda.

onesvenus

May 27, 2018
The engine isn't great and I don't like the feel of the flying, that's just a persons opinion. i've never been banned for anything of the sort, ive been banned for hostility that's it. This is forum, you can go and look this stuff up you know.
Thanks for answering all these!
Can you shed a little more light on what you think it's not great about the engine? I think a lot of people had big expectations on the new version of the Creation Engine

Oct 25, 2017
So the engine is shit because you have to implement things into it. Lol. Like, I legit laughed out loud. And that's coming from a character artist whose work has nothing to do with programming and the code. Hevy, how do you implement your characters into the engine? Why is it your job, exactly? Unless Creation Engine 2 works completely differently from the Creation Engine, it's very easy to implement things into it. Amateur modders do it without issues.

There are so many red flags about this guy. Him not knowing that NDA doesn't stop as soon as you stop working on the game is one of them. Him refusing to answer direct questions under the pretense of not wanting to spoil the surprise when he has no problems saying some vague negative stuff. The list goes on.

Have you ever worked on game development? The agressiveness because he doesn't like some of the Bethesda's tools is becoming really, REALLY weird, especially since we have confirmation that he, in fact, worked at Bethesda.

Yeah, he did work for bethesda for a long time actually. You actually need to provide positive proof of such things to get a verified tag on Era. So yeah, he worked for bethesda.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.