• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Hevy was not liking anything from what I was reading. I am a little sad he's legit lol.
He doesn't like Bethesda's games period. He was generally positive about the state of the game, said that it has an overabundance of content already and that even if they cut content to make the date, it won't be an issue. So we aren't in danger of a barebones game release, which is the most important thing.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
So starfield isn't doing well?
He was mostly positive and the only negative points were combat and flight, which he said is subjective. He even said some devs like the flight iirc. The biggest negative point was imo the usability of the engine, but that's something you won't notice while playing as a consumer.

So don't worry and always keep in mind opinions differ in every job or company. I like tools and program languages another person doesn't like. So him thinking the usability of the engine is poor, doesn't mean much honestly. Not to take away anything from the opinion of the person. I just state the obvious. Opinion differ based on preference, the position you work in and more.

Last edited:

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Lool, The Starfield Assemble don't want to see their game being in danger 😂😂

gollum-lord-of-the-ring.gif

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

my list of bullet points is much better Jason.

Lol I like these bullet points… except for the level scaling.

I kinda want to level up so much that certain areas are one shot areas… and other areas are super hard if I'm not proper level. Makes progression feel that much more.

Manual space flight, no map markers except for what you discover as the player (think Elden Ring but a little more lenient and maybe it could depend on things previously charted in the world vs uncharted territory), and no level scaling (I want to go into a super hard area to get this legendary, over powered gun which will make my current stuff much easier, I can) are my three big wants.

First want is done at least.

Last edited:

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
when I saw an actual ex-bgs employee talking shit about my game, my baby. I had to make an account here on this site and step in. I couldn't see that happen.
This thread has been wild today. That info dump is amazing though this game has the potential to be my favourite game ever.

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
This thread has been wild today. That info dump is amazing though this game has the potential to be my favourite game ever.
I honestly dont know what he was on about...sure the game is in a rough place right now. its not finished. not even in beta as he was claiming. they are probably working on a summer demo as we speak to show off the game. and after that get it ready and done for release. aka optimizing the fuck out of it as well as bugfixing and lots and lots of more playtesting

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Maybe Jason Schreier will bother to ask one of his sources at BGS to confirm (he prolly won't bother though)

edit: btw, how do I change my pronouns? I accidentally made a mistake
Click on settings, then there'll be a smaller side bar and you can click "account details" and then scroll down.

Also welcome to Resetera!
Wait is 0dah a real leaker or a meme account? I'm so lost after today.
We will find out if their account is still here in a few days or if they're given a ban for pretending to be an insider

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Crazy day. So excited for Starfield man need that gameplay in my veins.

Also, if the lawyers are on him after this it's kind of on him... I mean what did you think would happen talking about specific details - and not like there could have been that many character artists that left BGS recently.

Seemed way too nonchalant about the whole NDA thing

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
Click on settings, then there'll be a smaller side bar and you can click "account details" and then scroll down.

Also welcome to Resetera!

We will find out if their account is still here in a few days or if they're given a ban for pretending to be an insider
Thank you! I'll change that tomorrow.

I just REALLY like ladders man!
Also you don't have to be an insider to be a leaker.
Also also lots of so called insiders out there, or even on this site are jusr called insiders bc they know stuff not many are supposed to know, bc they either saw it somewhere or heard it from someone else. No actual insider, aka an actual employee or ex employer would just straight out start revealing his info to the public.

Well, there's a few exceptions apparently l o l

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you! I'll change that tomorrow.

I just REALLY like ladders man!
Also you don't have to be an insider to be a leaker.
Also also lots of so called insiders out there, or even on this site are jusr called insiders bc they know stuff not many are supposed to know, bc they either saw it somewhere or heard it from someone else. No actual insider, aka an actual employee or ex employer would just straight out start revealing his info to the public.

Well, there's a few exceptions apparently l o l
You're welcome!

Also I'm not a mod obviously but just so you know, Resetera is pretty strict on "insiders" and leakers, so if you don't actually have inside information I'd probably stop if I were you. And if you do have some inside info somehow, you'll have to verify with the admins that you're in a position to know things rather than just speculating or listing off hard to know public information.

Regardless you're apparently a legend on the Starfield subreddit so welcome

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
You're welcome!

Also I'm not a mod obviously but just so you know, Resetera is pretty strict on "insiders" and leakers, so if you don't actually have inside information I'd probably stop if I were you. And if you do have some inside info somehow, you'll have to verify with the admins that you're in a position to know things rather than just speculating or listing off hard to know public information.

I'm not sure this is true considering some of the 'insiders' that posted in the Nintendo threads until the exodus of most of that community.

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
You're welcome!

I would never want myself to be called an insider even if I had a fully playable Alpha Version of Starfield on my computer.

Theres just things you don't wanna "become". On the internet.

Also if I send a mod here unleaked Screenshots of some randon old Starfield build that wouldn't make me an insider, it would make me a moron

I got in contact with lots of well known people in the industry though, through my (probably mental) obsession with Starfield

InResolute

Banned
Jan 21, 2022
Not surprised with the dev stating Starfield's gunplay is "just okay".

Bethesda's games were never known for their combat. The gunplay in Fallout 3/NV/4 is horrible; it's so janky and rough. Same with the combat in the Elder Scrolls series.

Also not surprised about the engine being shitty. Bethesda's engines are notorious for their jank.

Still, at the end of the day, BGS games are some of the most fun and interesting games I've ever played, shitty engine be damned!

Off-topic: I absolutely loved Outer Worlds and it's one of my favourite games ever. Of all Xbox games currently in the world, TOW2 definitely is what has me the most excited (with Gears 6 just close behind).

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
MrMattyPlays is the only one we know that received the Skullzi leak info to come out unscathed lol. He made a video yesterday saying he received the same stuff via DM but that he did not believe it because some of it has been talked about for a long time and the person refused to attempt to verify their identity. Insight in to who is passing Twitter DMs off as insider info 🤷🏽‍♂️

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying not to get too hyped with Starfield but I do think Todd Howard has a particular desire to see this game become something of a Skyrim success again since this is his first original IP. Not that he wouldn't want his other games to have that success, but I could see him having more of a passion here — and the rest of the team.

Basically, I think there's a good chance that this game will be something special.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Me neither, maybe he requested mods to nuke it all for his own protection?
I personally have barely ever seen it. That's actually why I commented on it.

Well shit whoever said that he realised he fucked up with the manual flight thing was probably right. Cant undo it though, the quoted posts are still there, multiple threads on various reddit subs, and ive already seen an article or two spawned from this whole kerfuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.