• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I've played each GoW campaign at least 3 times now but would happily replay them if they got remasters similar to the first game.

I feel this. Haven't played them three times but I had so much fun playing all of them in sequence after I got my Xbox One. I had played 1 a long time ago in coop, which was great, but had never played the others.

The amazing thing about Gears is that, even though it's kinda the same thing over and over, the minute to minute shooting and combat feel so freaking good that you can just keep playing it. It's kinda like Halo in that regard, even though they play so differently. There's a perfect mechanical core to the game that's never really been replicated.

Maybe I'll replay them when Gears Next gets announced :)

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not much into the FM side of the Forza house, but I'm very excited to see what the tech wizards at turn 10 have to show. I want to see what this engine is capable of when now that last gen hardware is getting left behind .

If they've also improved the career mode, they may bring me back into the Motorsport fold. Not since FM4 have I really been into FM campaigns.

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022
I feel this. Haven't played them three times but I had so much fun playing all of them in sequence after I got my Xbox One. I had played 1 a long time ago in coop, which was great, but had never played the others.

The amazing thing about Gears is that, even though it's kinda the same thing over and over, the minute to minute shooting and combat feel so freaking good that you can just keep playing it. It's kinda like Halo in that regard, even though they play so differently. There's a perfect mechanical core to the game that's never really been replicated.

Maybe I'll replay them when Gears Next gets announced :)
Yep, agree. Epic really struck gold with the Gears formula. 16 years on and there's still very few TPS that feel as good.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm not much into the FM side of the Forza house, but I'm very excited to see what the tech wizards at turn 10 have to show. I want to see what this engine is capable of when now that last gen hardware is getting left behind .

If they've also improved the career mode, they may bring me back into the Motorsport fold. Not since FM4 have I really been into FM campaigns.

Yeah it'll really hinge on the career progression for me. Could be something I put a lot of time into if it has meat to it. Otherwise I'll still play my fair share but it could genuinely be my game of the year if they nail the campaign mode. Can't wait for the 25th!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sorry if this is a silly question.

But is Redfall F2P?

If not I will buy GWG for my nephews, because I saw at discount, and that is a game they are looking forward to play.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Changed the OT title as requested.

I was going with the second vote from the last poll, but the suggestion was too good not to be used.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
In a way, it's fitting because now that we have a date for the showcase, and Forza, Redfall and Minecraft are all locks for the first half, we don't need to be high on hopium anymore. At least not for a little while.

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
It's been ages since this thread has had an active bet, it's time for us to gamble once again!

This time it'll be focused on Starfield's release window, will it be the first half of 2023 (1H) or the second half of the year(2H)?

That's not all though, due to the difference in team sizes last time and the upcoming ToddTalk we'll have a second aspect of this bet. Will the Starfield Devloper_Direct arrive in February or March?

The punishment will once again be to clown up your avatar(unless there are other suggestions), but due to the multi part aspect of the bet you will need to be a clown for 10 days per part you get wrong.

To join a team Shellshock or reply with your submission.

Cheers and good luck fellow gamblers.
Put me down for March 1H. 😎😎

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
In a way, it's fitting because now that we have a date for the showcase, and Forza, Redfall and Minecraft are all locks for the first half, we don't need to be high on hopium anymore. At least not for a little while.
Yeah the year is looking great already and we still don't know much for the back half from xbox yet.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Damn, I'm getting really hyped about the Last of Us TV show (only played the first game for now).

If only Xbox had that kind of talent to adapt their stories... There is hope for Fallout, though, I'm keeping an eye out for it.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Damn, I'm getting really hyped about the Last of Us TV show (only played the first game for now).

If only Xbox had that kind of talent to adapt their stories... There is hope for Fallout, though, I'm keeping an eye out for it.
Same … i loved both last of us ( waiting a deal for the remake since i don't want to replay the game at full price). But the show look so good. Hbo always do great show…..microsoft should have partner with them for gears or halo :/

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I care Forza Motorsport's visuals and physics.

I am mostly Gran Turismo player so I don't play FH but a more realistic Forza Motorsport will be a game changer for me.

View: https://twitter.com/forzamotorsport/status/1545453989382262784?s=46&t=-RsHPTmBNJgdQKQxse1AoQ

I'm interested in the game and can't wait for their presentation. I wanted to wait for GT7 to come to PC, but that game pretty much died for me when they didn't implement standing starts in the single-player portion of the game, which is completely ridiculous for something that's supposed to be a racing game.

I just hope that the new Forza Motorsport doesn't lose the road car racing and tuning aspect. A new focus on the actual motorsport in the title is great and, to be honest, sorely needed in this franchise, but I hope it doesn't mean they're going full GT, touring, and hypersport cars. There have always been dozens of those games on the market, but none of them attempt to combine realistic driving simulations with fairly run of the mill road cars like GT and FM do (because it's expensive to license that many cars, I get that).

The icing on the cake would be official VR support on PC.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'd like to see Halo do more with animation too. Spartans are so OP in-universe, could go nuts showing that off with a big budget animated show.

Hopefully that Gears series sticks the landing and paves the way

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Hoping T10 roll up with a banger of a fantasy track built form the ground up for Series S/X.

Some olden's like Positano, Montserrat etc would be great too 👀

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully the hype and critical acclaim afforded to The Last of US show will inspire Xbox to actually adapt their stories rather than pass them through the mass appeal grinder until the story is unrecognizable.

I'd like to see Halo do more with animation too. Spartans are so OP in-universe, could go nuts showing that off with a big budget animated show.

Hopefully that Gears series sticks the landing and paves the way
Get ready for:

Gear of War- the story of two star-crossed lovers. Marcus, the grizzled human soldier who rebels against authority. Raamira, the hot, blonde, mutant chick who inexplicably lacks the grotesque features of the rest of her clan. Divided by a war. United by destiny.

Last edited:

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
A deathloop show ! Deathloop Can be such a great show.
First Season , understanding the World , why he is in a loop , Season 2 what he have to do.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Hoping T10 roll up with a banger of a fantasy track built form the ground up for Series S/X.

Some olden's like Positano, Montserrat etc would be great too 👀
Oh, that's a good one. I wonder if they even have such a hero track for this game.

They usually reveal their games with a completely new track to showcase the graphicial features and presentation of the new title. They had Amalfi Coast Camino Viejo for FM3, Bernese Alps for FM4, Prague for FM5, Rio de Janeiro for FM6, and Dubai for FM7. For the gameplay reveal of this new game, they chose a remake of Maple Valley instead. Makes me wonder if "that's it", which wouldn't be bad at all, or if they couldn't finish it in time for E3 2022. Again, I'm excited for their presentation next week.

And speaking of old tracks, I'm sure a lot of people would flip the hell out if they brought Fujimi Kaido back. It's been absent for the entire last generation and I'm sure the thirst for this track is real.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With Bethesda and even Activision they will have a lot of properties they could make shows out of. Hell; even adapting the cod4 story would be really good.

The biggest things is getting the right people to write/direct these shows for you. Example being TLOU and Craig Mazin.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
They usually reveal their games with a completely new track to showcase the graphicial features and presentation of the new title. They had Amalfi Coast for FM3, Bernese Alps for FM4, Prague for FM5, Rio de Janeiro for FM6, and Dubai for FM7. For the gameplay reveal of this new game, they chose a remake of Maple Valley instead. Makes me wonder if "that's it", which wouldn't be bad at all, or if they couldn't finish it in time for E3 2022. Again, I'm excited for their presentation next week.
They have a Japanese fantasy circuit for this one. It think we will be seeing it on the 25th.

"We also revealed Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, a South African track making its Forza Motorsport debut, and the all-new Circuit Hakone set in Japan, an original, high-speed Grand Prix circuit built to showcase the technically advanced, state of the art immersion of the new Forza Motorsport."

Last edited:

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
They had Amalfi Coast for FM3...
Although Positano did come with FM3, I think Camino Viejo was the 'showcase' track.

But yeah, going to be a bit of a dud if there is no new fantasy track.

Side-note: I really hate they took away the railings/fencing on Bernese Alps from FM5 onwards. It gave a sense of speed flying through there towards the start/finish.

n0one

Jan 3, 2023
3yprd5hazsba1.png

Looks like Beth has locked in the release date for Starfield also. (When updating with a release date publishers can select to hide the actual date with 'coming soon', so it's very likely this is what has happened)

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh, that's a good one. I wonder if they even have such a hero track for this game.

They usually reveal their games with a completely new track to showcase the graphicial features and presentation of the new title. They had Amalfi Coast for FM3, Bernese Alps for FM4, Prague for FM5, Rio de Janeiro for FM6, and Dubai for FM7. For the gameplay reveal of this new game, they chose a remake of Maple Valley instead. Makes me wonder if "that's it", which wouldn't be bad at all, or if they couldn't finish it in time for E3 2022. Again, I'm excited for their presentation next week.

And speaking of old tracks, I'm sure a lot of people would flip the hell out if they brought Fujimi Kaido back. It's been absent for the entire last generation and I'm sure the thirst for this track is real.
Forza Motorsport has a new fantasy track set in Japan, "an original, high-speed Grand Prix circuit built to showcase the technically advanced, state of the art immersion of the new Forza Motorsport."

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
They have a Japanese fantasy circuit for this one. It think we will be seeing it on the 25th.

"We also revealed Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, a South African track making its Forza Motorsport debut, and the all-new Circuit Hakone set in Japan, an original, high-speed Grand Prix circuit built to showcase the technically advanced, state of the art immersion of the new Forza Motorsport."
Forza Motorsport has a new fantasy track set in Japan.

I didn't know about these tracks, and they sound fantastic, but from that description, Fujimi Kaido is the exact opposite of Circuit Hakone. Fujimi is a fictional touge racing and drifting track; think Initial D.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO9BpQa9Z7A

Although Positano did come with FM3, I think Camino Viejo was the 'showcase' track.

But yeah, going to be a bit of a dud if there is no new fantasy track.

Side-note: I really hate they took away the railings/fencing on Bernese Alps from FM5 onwards. It gave a sense of speed flying through there towards the start/finish.

You're right, it was Camino Viejo for FM3. It must've been my Italian bias that switched them up, lol

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
I'm super hyped for the new FM, bought every game up till 7 where it got a bit tired for me so keen to jump back in with a big upgrade this one seems to be. Proper pit stops, tire compounds and RT has me excited. 24 hours of Spa and Le Mans 🤤

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Any thoughts on the possibility that Bethesda releases a live-action or CG spot for Starfield at the Super Bowl (with the release date)?

I could see that happen followed by the deep dive a week or so later.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
you saying he got it right by saying January? because a number of people in this thread also guessed that?

I say this because if I remember correctly, he said it in November and when I put it up I was asked if I had credibility. Some said he was just throwing them away. Well, he seems to be getting more and more right

Aug 23, 2018
Xbox also need someone whose face isn't under a helmet or a space marine.
He'd make a good Marcus Fenix and has been in plenty of Netflix movies, just saying.

View: https://media1.giphy.com/media/bQZhzLW6ki1kxmv4eG/giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ospztuiuv8wq85uf7gnb7191p0d7kk9v2gem6i8i&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
3yprd5hazsba1.png

Looks like Beth has locked in the release date for Starfield also. (When updating with a release date publishers can select to hide the actual date with 'coming soon', so it's very likely this is what has happened)

What is this from?

Jan 4, 2018

Fallout is going to be massive. There are great people attached to the project (especially Jonathan Nolan).

Status
Not open for further replies.