Not open for further replies.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Don't Jinx it damn it
giphy.webp
/s

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
You can feel something special in the air here. It's weird nothing has been officially said yet we all assume something coming.

I'm all for the crazy optimism, it beats a mopey thread!!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
You can feel something special in the air here. It's weird nothing has been officially said yet we all assume something coming.

I'm all for the crazy optimism, it beats a mopey thread!!

I hope for everyone's sake there is actually something and it's not just a bunch of hot air and insiders are wrong. This could be another Switch Pro situation!

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I need steady flow of big Xbox news this year.

Game announcements, release dates, gameplays, acquisitions, Activision Blizzard joining the Xbox and etc.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Oops sorry, I will try and be better. I just have a natural distrust of whatever insiders say who aren't Jason Scherier.

I'm not thinking the event is on because of insiders, it's just common sense. They have games coming in the first 6 months of the year, big game pass titles hitting the first 6 months and probably have platform news as well, it only makes sense. I know everyone loves to shit on them for not having 50 events a year but they actually have games to warrant a event at the start of the year this time. Minecraft Legends, AoE2, Forza, Redfall all have Spring release windows so it's a no brainer to have an event.

I need steady flow of big Xbox news this year.

Game announcements, release dates, gameplays, acquisitions, Activision Blizzard joining the Xbox and etc.

This will happen, I agree with Jez and Rand how Xbox has been very quiet last year and it's down to ABK. I don't think they wanted any big headlines last year, but with CMA/EC giving their phase 2 findings this month, I think Microsoft would be in the safezone after that while they work on any sort of remedies.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I'm not thinking the event is on because of insiders, it's just common sense. They have games coming in the first 6 months of the year, big game pass titles hitting the first 6 months and probably have platform news as well, it only makes sense. I know everyone loves to shit on them for not having 50 events a year but they actually have games to warrant a event at the start of the year this time. Minecraft Legends, AoE2, Forza, Redfall all have Spring release windows so it's a no brainer to have an event.

For sure, but that doesn't mean they will have an event. They could easily drop those games dates randomly on YouTube. If Sony can do with Ragnarok, Xbox can do it with this games as well.

I do think there is an event mind you, I am just playing devils advocate to some extent and just stating for most peoples enthusiasm in this thread there better be :p

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Aw man, I missed the first page while at work πŸ˜”

Either way, very optimistic for the future, showcase or not!

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Again? Anyone knows a series s portable is never happening just from thermal and design limitations lol

a 3rd SKU will make devs super happy!

For sure, but that doesn't mean they will have an event. They could easily drop those games dates randomly on YouTube. If Sony can do with Ragnarok, Xbox can do it with this games as well.

I do think there is an event mind you, I am just playing devils advocate to some extent and just stating for most peoples enthusiasm in this thread there better be :p

Ye I get that, to me it's there is way more reasons for a show than not, though I'm not gonna lose my shit if there isn't one Xd

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Hey all, does anyone know how the Xbox port of Morrowind is? I kinda wanna get back into Morrowind with another playthrough given just how calming and perfect the game is and I kinda wanna give the Xbox port a try if it isn't to bad, spice things up a bit in life

Honestly, I don't really think they'd be able to get away just randomly dropping the dates on Twitter/Youtube like Sony can. There's an inherent and casual hype for Sony first party that just doesn't really exist for Xbox first party including Starfield.

That's not to say that Starfield won't be massive (it will be) but I think that having an event with some hype around it is basically the only way it really gets out into the masses, especially if it's the beginning of a huge marketing push.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Hey all, does anyone know how the Xbox port of Morrowind is? I kinda wanna get back into Morrowind with another playthrough given just how calming and perfect the game is and I kinda wanna give the Xbox port a try if it isn't to bad, spice things up a bit in life

Well, the big negatives are:
- No mods
- Xbox controller is a struggle with the UI. It's only lightly customized from the PC UI which makes it tough to navigate on the console.

On the other hand it runs at a locked 4K (4:3) and 60 FPS and has all the expansions so I mean, you can't go wrong if you just wanna kick back on the couch and be in that world again :)

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Do we think any of the Indies from last year's e3 drop in January? I'm hoping a few do and they aren't all piled into April to June

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Missing the first page is a bad Omen (or a bad Redfall *wink wink*).

As such I declare that all of our hopes and wishes are going to get crushed.

Oct 12, 2020
Missed the first page dammit. 😑

Some great things are going to happen in the course of this OT….probably more in terms of news and announcements than big game releases. THAT will probably start happening one OT after this one.

And I can't believe the stable of studios Xbox now has. That first post in the OT one just keeps scrolling down, and down, and down as the studio list rolls past. More on the way was well. πŸ˜ƒ Xbox future has never looked so good. Just need to get there now.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Well, this will be it folks. The OT that covers the first couple of months of one of the most epic gaming years in recent memory.

And this will also be the first year of new Xbox. The first year when everything changed.

Well... I'm kinda excited :D

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Missed the first page dammit. 😑

Some great things are going to happen in the course of this OT….probably more in terms of news and announcements than big game releases. THAT will probably start happening one OT after this one.

And I can't believe the stable of studios Xbox now has. That first post in the OT one just keeps scrolling down, and down, and down as the studio list rolls past. More on the way was well. πŸ˜ƒ Xbox future has never looked so good. Just need to get there now.

Recalls an old Matt Booty statement/thread title suggestion... "Execution mode". It's gonna be awesome to FINALLY get into the meat of their new first party. And make no mistake, pessimists, we will get into it in 2023 :)

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Actually thinking about it, Starfield might be the largest exclusive Xbox will receive this generation (ignoring TES VI)? While I'm excited for all these other AAA games like Fable, Perfect Dark, Contraband, Hellblade II, Avowed etc. just like everyone else, I doubt any of these games do come close to that scope (and likely players numbers). Just a random Thursday morning thought, sorry lol

Last edited:

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
3 years of gamepass locked in till 12/25 Im ready for this year to finally be THEE year the fan base has been waiting for. Hope 2022 is the end of "wait till next year" for Xbox.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
3 years of gamepass locked in till 12/25 Im ready for this year to finally be THEE year the fan base has been waiting for. Hope 2022 is the end of "wait till next year" for Xbox.
I'm less of a Bethesda fan and more XGS so I probably won't think of this as THEE year but still seems like it'll be pretty good. The "wait for next year" stuff was always needless negativity. Literally the year before last was great.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Had a super great gaming session last night.

Finished Nobody Saves the World with a friend. Deleted it.

Finished the very last achievement I was stuck on in Immortality. Deleted it.

Continued High on Copium Life

It just feels good to knock multiple things off my backlog in one night. Kind of feels like I'm preparing myself for the soon-to-open floodgates. 😏

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Still wondering what that new thread smell is like, but I'm happy to be here. Would have been funny if this was OT XXIII for 2023, but I suppose that one will be reserved for Starfield, right? Riiiiight? Onto a great 2023 on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.