• Microsoft Gaming

Votes: 101 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
I was being too much optimistic I guess.

But hey, being optimistic again, things can change when games like Starfield drops. (Here's hopping for Fable, Hellblade and whatever amazing XGS are cooking right now).

Not to say that Xbox Series will be like 360 era, I think the thing the Series has to do, it's be moderate better than Xone, just that. But I would say, 30 millions is not that bad either....
I think 60 to 70 million lifetime sales is the most we can expect but that's a good increase from Xbox One.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
Things can also change if Sony drops their bombs.

In the end, nothing will change and it will end the way we all thought it would

Yeah maybe it's me, I do have a PS5, but I'm kinda of tired of the same Third Person Over the Shoulder Cam Narrative Drive Game from Sony, so, looking the landscape, I can't be excited for any of the Sony 1st party games, but I agree that those appeal to a wide range of fans. (Not a fan of heroes game too, talking about Spider Man and Wolverine, those too are pretty popular).

However, it's kinda a bum that FFXVI is an exclusive game (maybe a permanent one), this game was the reason that I fetched one PS5.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Things can also change if Sony drops their bombs.

In the end, nothing will change and it will end the way we all thought it would

I am interested to see if they can grow the market or merely move users between the two console ecosystems. Failure to grow means it becomes a zero sum game between Sony and MSFT, with Nintendo doing its own thing.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Two weeks ahead would be overkill for a single game showcase.

However I think it's cool that they announced their non-E3 show two months ahead last year. This one needs preparations.

MonadoX

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2022
Yeah maybe it's me, I do have a PS5, but I'm kinda of tired of the same Third Person Over the Shoulder Cam Narrative Drive Game from Sony, so, looking the landscape, I can't be excited for any of the Sony 1st party games, but I agree that those appeal to a wide range of fans. (Not a fan of heroes game too, talking about Spider Man and Wolverine, those too are pretty popular).

However, it's kinda a bum that FFXVI is an exclusive game (maybe a permanent one), this game was the reason that I fetched one PS5.
Kinda the same for me. Much of Sony's first party games don't interest me. My PS5 is for jrpgs that don't come to the Switch or Xbox, and their third party moneyhats. I do enjoy their unique first party games like Returnal.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm guessing that by the end of 2023, it will be something like 25M XBS sold through and 45M PS5s sold through. The ratio of XBS to PS5 is approx 61.66% and they are being outsold often like 2.5:1 so I expect that split to go down to like 55%. Unless Microsoft can start really pumping out XSXs but even then I don't think it'll stop it from being 2:1 on average.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Making games is F*CKING HARD was my biggest takeaway. And that Tim the Legend is a treasure. Though….I thought it pretty great that the doc showed that even he had his own challenges in terms of a day to day leadership role.

Don't know what type of awards this doc might receive, but it had better win most every competition it gets entered in. I don't even know if there is a category at the TGA's for something like it. Just make up a category if you must Keighley.

I was hooked from begging to the end, great docu

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I'm guessing that by the end of 2023, it will be something like 25M XBS sold through and 45M PS5s sold through. The ratio of XBS to PS5 is approx 61.66% and they are being outsold often like 2.5:1 so I expect that split to go down to like 55%. Unless Microsoft can start really pumping out XSXs but even then I don't think it'll stop it from being 2:1 on average.

According to Tom Henderson Sony is predicting 68 million consoles sold by the end of March 2024, so probably it'll probably roughly be 60 millionish by the end of the year. They are anticipating their biggest year yet in terms of console sales.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
According to Tom Henderson Sony is predicting 68 million consoles sold by the end of March 2024, so probably it'll probably roughly be 60 millionish by the end of the year. They are anticipating their biggest year yet in terms of console sales.
I read from someone that they have never sold more than 20M units in a year other than one for the PS2 generation, so that seems... excessive? Unless it was quarter.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Wait. I thought Xbox One barely inched past 50 million? How much is it estimated to have sold?

Maybe I'm lowballing it, but I always expected this gen to be about reversing the damage done by the Xbox One and positioning Xbox for the next generation after Series.

Daniel Ahmad confirmed it was "over 50 million" in late 2019, and then they sold every unit they shipped in 2020 during COVID before next gen launch. Mid 50s seems like the floor.

But then I think there were some other numbers in some of the ABK stuff that made it seem lower, not entirely sure what's accurate.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I read from someone that they have never sold more than 20M units in a year other than one for the PS2 generation, so that seems... excessive? Unless it was quarter.

They did it once during PS4. They hovered around the 18 to 20 million for a few years there.

It is excessive for sure, but for whatever reason Sony believes they can do it :P They even increased their forecast for next quarter. They are extremely confident to be able to smash them out at a record pace. Who knows why, they either have some really big games in the works or maybe a price drop, something like that.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I feel like once this gen really starts getting kicked into gear (ie casual games skipping last gen) we'll start to see a lot more momentum towards the Xbox brand, especially if the ABK deal closes.

When COD goes next gen only (which isn't happening this year) I think that's really when we'll start to see movement towards the S, especially if the deal closes and Xbox can fully market and bundle COD

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Xbox estimatedly sells 300k more units globally across the span of an entire year for a single year

"this is why they don't need activision"

tenor.gif

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I feel like once this gen really starts getting kicked into gear (ie casual games skipping last gen) we'll start to see a lot more momentum towards the Xbox brand, especially if the ABK deal closes.

When COD goes next gen only (which isn't happening this year) I think that's really when we'll start to see movement towards the S, especially if the deal closes and Xbox can fully market and bundle COD
I think Starfield alone is going to move an insane amount of consoles. But yea I think once all the big games start finally getting released Xbox sales are going to pick up drastically.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Seeing FY23 Q1 (July-Sep) results will be telling, assuming Starfield launches in June.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1630482087806398464?t=V9WHUCGjofY05jTUi0Wr8Q&s=19

Albania
Algeria
Bahrain
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Georgia
Guatemala
Honduras
Iceland
Kuwait
Latvia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Moldova
Montenegro
Morocco
Nicaragua
North Macedonia
Oman
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Qatar
Romania
Serbia
Slovenia
Tunisia
Ukraine
Uruguay

Very cool, nice GP boost!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Did they seriously tie this article with the regulator stuff?? whats up with these weird artcles coming from bloomberg, it seems like they're on the offensive right now, did Satya not respond to a request for an interview or something. Did they even bring up that Sony was offered access to Call of Duty in their own subscription service.

It's funny to see Game Pass be too dominant, but Sony's console busniess isn't dominant and Xbox is just behind.

bias media??? never!!! ;p

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yoshi-P says FFXVI is 6 months exclusive to PS5, but even with that the PC version won't be out after 6 months because they won't have time to port it/optimize it for PC in 6 months. So, say it's a year release to get it out on PC... well... if it takes that much effort to get it out on PC, who knows how much longer it would take to come to XSX/S if ever lols

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi-P says FFXVI is 6 months exclusive to PS5, but even with that the PC version won't be out after 6 months because they won't have time to port it/optimize it for PC in 6 months. So, say it's a year release to get it out on PC... well... if it takes that much effort to get it out on PC, who knows how much longer it would take to come to XSX/S if ever lols
It's never coming to Xbox, same with ff7 remake

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

6 months PS5 exclusive

Add another 6 months for repackaged PS5 edition with some goodies

Then 6 months Epic Store Exclusive

Just forget it. Square Enix is a lost cause on Xbox.

Gojo Satoru

Apr 19, 2022
Its nothing to Xbox like FF7R.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Quick question: with the news of the Forspoken team being reabsorbed into square, you reckon it will come to xbox in 2 years (I don't want to play it, just interested in what people think)

because it sounds like there won't be a team to do the port after luminous is reabsorbed (team prob going onto other stuff at square)

Shame to hear about the studio shutting down/getting absorbed, even after the poor performance of Forspoken, hope all the devs land ok.
A port can be done be any team really, so if they want to do it, it can be done.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
tkwki94xdc651.png

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Imagine being a Final Fantasy fan and playing on Xbox...

I am a third-person action adventure narrative fan and I only play on Xbox

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
6 months PS5 exclusive

Add another 6 months for repackaged PS5 edition with some goodies

Then 6 months Epic Store Exclusive

Just forget it. Square Enix is a lost cause on Xbox.

That reminds me, Kingdom Hearts 3 has been exclusive to EGS for almost 2 years now (coming up on March 30). WACK

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Could be. Might be a way to attract developers without yet another cgi announcement trailer of a game that's years off. Xbox has maybe had a few too many of those pile up at this point.
yeah that's my line of thinking of it's still exclusive rn. way too many games without gameplay, so they handed off the job to IOI.

lot of xbox publishing peeps interact with IO stuff on social networks so i guess there is a chance it's still happening?

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
yeah that's my line of thinking of it's still exclusive rn. way too many games without gameplay, so they handed off the job to IOI.

lot of xbox publishing peeps interact with IO stuff on social networks so i guess there is a chance it's still happening?
grubb mentioned the game in passing in one of the latest giantbombcasts when talking about hitman freelancer work and he said if was an xbox game still.

Status
Not open for further replies.