• No Xbox: The Dark World

Votes: 156 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Man I took an inadvertent break from gaming for about 2.5 months this year, but had a big session over the weekend since my wife was out of town. Addicted. So much in my back log let alone shit releasing this year. Would have bought Jedi Survivor normally, which ended up wise, and will pick it up later once parched up.

Just rambling to say I like games 😅

Haha, me too! I'm quite jealous you got all that time to play, I have two kids so it's usually an hour in the evening for me.

Also, I also recently started Dead Space 2! Loved the first and felt bad going to the remake without ever trying the second. We'll see if I stick with it.

did they really show a trailer for the game with the summer 2022 date

Yeah... I mean hardly the only ones to do it (Ragnarok and Halo say hi) but you have to wonder how these estimates can be so far off.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Logging off, as it's late anyway.
I'll catch up tomorrow, and then hopefully we'll start to look into the future, it's still likely to be bright.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Haha, me too! I'm quite jealous you got all that time to play, I have two kids so it's usually an hour in the evening for me.

Also, I also recently started Dead Space 2! Loved the first and felt bad going to the remake without ever trying the second. We'll see if I stick with it.

I gotta churn through my backlog before we have kids soon. Don't have enough time as it is with 3 dogs, including a puppy to helicopter, and work/other shit. Must be tough to get sessions in with kids! Part of why I want a smaller handheld to remote play/stream while in bed. Got my Steam Deck but it's a bit chonky to play on laying in bed, gets uncomfortable.

Trying to wake up extra early before work to sneak in some gaming time lol. Work from home so it's pretty easy without a commute.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
its ok it is what it is. If you haven't checked out New Super Lucky's Tale it's a much better version of what we wanted to do and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a well polished and simple 3D platformer to play through. On GP! 120 FPS!
Wait, you worked on NSLT? That's cool. I enjoyed it a lot.

Dabcelwero25

Oct 6, 2021
Xbox studios since Xbox Series X/S launched in 2020:

-343i: Halo Infinite
-Turn 10: FM in 2023 (it took 6 years to be released)
-Rare: We don't know anything about Everwild, only that it has cute animals.
-Playground: Forza Horizon 5 was pretty good (and a huge success). We don't know anything about Fable at the moment.
-Compulsion Games: ???
-The Coalition: ???
-Obsidian: Grounded and Pentiment are great games, we don't know much about Avowed and OW2, but I have full faith in Obsidian.
-Mojang: Minecraft Legends.
-Inxile: ?????
-Ninja Theory: Hellblade 2 may be out this year, though I doubt it.
-World's Edge: AoE 2 on consoles, they already did their part this generation.
-Double Fine: 👌
-Undead Labs: ????
-The Initiative: Perfect Dark? Thanks GlobeGamer

Matt Booty may need to rethink the strategy, because Xbox studios have left a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Sep 22, 2020

View: https://twitter.com/rafcolantonio/status/1652685159244656640?s=20
Colantonio being knighted at the Arkane Lyon offices the day before his old studio launches Redfall
378338-She-Broke-Im-Up.jpg

jokes jokes

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021

-Playground: Forza Horizon 5 was pretty good (and a huge success). We don't know anything about Fable at the moment.
-Obsidian: Grounded and Pentiment are great games, we don't know much about Avowed and OW2, but I have full faith in Obsidian.
-The Coalition: Perfect Dark?

Matt Booty may need to rethink the strategy, because Xbox studios have left a lot to be desired.
You have the coalition twice and with perfect dark

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021

-The Coalition: Perfect Dark?

Here's hoping this is the year that we finally see some gameplay from those studios who've announced projects and maybe even some surprises but at the same time I really don't know what Booty could do. Sometimes it comes down to the studio

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Here's hoping this is the year that we finally see some gameplay from those studios who've announced projects and maybe even some surprises but at the same time I really don't know what Booty could do. Sometimes it comes down to the studio

Looks like Xbox gave them an extra year and decided to cut losses on it :( idk what would have been better. I'm sure they were hoping it would come together more strongly over the past 12 months.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
A list like that which only looks at brand new releases and not the various content updates is silly to me.

Rare released an ass load of seasons including A Pirate's Life for Sea of Thieves. World's Edge has produced so much content for AOE1-4. Mojang produced a ton of expansions for Minecraft Dungeons. InXile released DLC for Wasteland 3. Ninja Theory released the RT update. The Coalition produced Gears Tactics on console and released Hivebusters and lots of MP seasons for Gears 5 AND UE5 tech demos including The Matrix. Undead Labs shipped lots of State of Decay 2 updates. XGSP released As Dusk Falls, MSFS on console and tons of world updates.

These are real releases that take labor and time to put out.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Looks like Xbox gave them an extra year and decided to cut losses on it :( idk what would have been better. I'm sure they were hoping it would come together more strongly over the past 12 months.
It sounds defeatist to say but games just don't come together sometimes. It's just a bummer because this was supposed to be the start of Xbox changing the narrative. Now it's just furthered it. Guess we have to wait until June and September now :(

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Didn't the Coalition release Hivebusters DLC, which many have said to be a visual showcase for the Series X/S o was it released before the launch of the consoles? I haven't played it yet...

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Maybe we need to have a conversation about Xbox and it's future.

sigh, this bunch really is infesting everywhere huh?

Shame xbox got redfall and not deathloop.

And Deathloop was over scored lol

I think we have different knowledge bases when it comes to game development if you think this list means literally anything

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
A list like that which only looks at brand new releases and not the various content updates is silly to me.

Rare released an ass load of seasons including A Pirate's Life for Sea of Thieves. World's Edge has produced so much content for AOE1-4. Mojang produced a ton of expansions for Minecraft Dungeons. InXile released DLC for Wasteland 3. Ninja Theory released the RT update. The Coalition produced Gears Tactics on console and released Hivebusters and lots of MP seasons for Gears 5 AND UE5 tech demos including The Matrix. Undead Labs shipped lots of State of Decay 2 updates. XGSP released As Dusk Falls, MSFS on console and tons of world updates.

These are real releases that take labor and time to put out.
I agree and disagree with you at the same time because those updates keep people in the ecosystem with the games and most of them are great. But there are no huge releases to really grasp people. Like the average consumer (sadly) doesn't give a fuck about Hivebusters or AOE. They'll maybe play Sea of Thieves because of Jack Sparrow but chances are unless they have 2-3 friends they aren't consistently playing the game. Xbox has an incredible diversity of titles but they need to be consistent in releasing AAA games at a cadence that is appropriate to the number of studios they have.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I agree and disagree with you at the same time because those updates keep people in the ecosystem with the games and most of them are great. But there are no huge releases to really grasp people. Like the average consumer (sadly) doesn't give a fuck about Hivebusters or AOE. They'll maybe play Sea of Thieves because of Jack Sparrow but chances are unless they have 2-3 friends they aren't consistently playing the game. Xbox has an incredible diversity of titles but they need to be consistent in releasing AAA games at a cadence that is appropriate to the number of studios they have.
Yes, I know, which is why previously in this thread I mentioned XGSP has been slacking in that regard with ensuring there was groundwork laid back in idk 2018 or earlier to partner with third party AAA new IP games as exclusives, ala Contraband and Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. There has barely been any XGSP games to fill that void while first party cooks on new releases instead of updates.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Yes, I know, which is why previously in this thread I mentioned XGSP has been slacking in that regard with ensuring there was groundwork laid back in idk 2018 or earlier to partner with third party AAA new IP games as exclusives, ala Contraband and Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. There has barely been any XGSP games to fill that void while first party cooks on new releases instead of updates.
It's so bizarre that we've heard nothing about Contraband yet. I'm not expecting any more for that game other than it being a better version of Rage 2 but it's so weird. Like I was sure it was coming out this year in 2021 but now who knows?

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
www.twitch.tv

Bethesda - Twitch

Welcome to the official Bethesda Twitch channel! Tune in for all things Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, DEATHLOOP, Dishonored, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Hi-Fi RUSH, Prey, Redfall, Wolfenstein and more.

It looks fine

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Im actually suprised how chill the Bethesda twitch chat is.

They probably all want the Redfall Xbox Series X lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Todd Howard directed games:

Fallout 3: 93
Skyrim: 96
Fallout 4: 88

Chances are positive at least the holy spirit will strike this OT.
Our Howard, who art in Bethesda,
Hallowed be thy game.
Thy Starfield come,
Thy will be done,
On PC as it is on Xbox.
Give us this day our daily trailer,
And forgive us our doubts,
As we forgive those who doubt against thee.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from bugs.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.