Which first party game impressed you the most?

• Avowed

Votes: 112 6.8%
  • Clockwork Revolution

Votes: 310 18.9%
  • Fable

Votes: 381 23.3%
  • Hellblade II: Senua's Saga

Votes: 79 4.8%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 131 8.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 1,245 76.1%
  • Other (Towerborne, Forza Motorsport, Microsoft Flight Simulator, etc)

Votes: 94 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Posting here as well.

Microsoft rewards glitched rn. 1 month ultimate codes are spitting out 3 months instead. Cheapest way to get ultimate ever via points. 48000 points = 1 year.

www.resetera.com

Microsoft Rewards Glitch - Gamepass Ultimate 1 month giving out 3 month codes (dead)

Thought id make a thread incase it gets patched quick https://rewards.bing.com/redeem/000400000330?form=dash_2 they are spitting out 3 month from the 1 month. Just bought 6 to top off my previous 3 years. I now expire in 2026

Thanks so much for posting this. Really appreciate it :D.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I mean, I kinda don't think the deal is gonna be offered to them anymore. There's no need for it. Xbox will still put on CoD on PS, of course, but under their terms. Sony waited too long, they got no leverage now.
If I'm Xbox, I would still offer it. They're going to put COD on PlayStation anyway and the deal allows them to put COD23 and 24 on Game Pass immediately. Also, it shows that Xbox was offering it in good faith for future acquisitions.

Last edited:

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Yo fam, it's been such a great week for me personally and Xbox, nice to see things coming to the finish line now! Things moved so fast, it was crazy to see the shifts.

And the best part: I finally have time to play games again after almost six weeks!

Congrats on your dissertation defense, Dr. Crazillo!

(I think I'm remembering that correctly from another thread)

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Congrats on your dissertation defense, Dr. Crazillo!

(I think I'm remembering that correctly from another thread)

Yes that's right :-) I didn't want to hijack another thread though :P And I'm LEGIT just excited to be able to play games again.

and lots of games to play

Too many! But I'll be back from holidays for THE ONE we're all waiting for :) I'm sure somebody has the daily countdown ready?!

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok, so I'm assuming that Activision, Blizzard, and King don't necessarily need to be tied together under Microsoft. So the creative leadership structure is gonna look something like this, I'm thinking:
  • Xbox Game Studios - Matt Booty
  • Bethesda - Todd Vaughn
  • Activision - ?
  • Blizzard - Mike Ybarra
  • King - ?
I still say they should try to Shawn Layden or Adam Boyes in there to lead Activision.

Not that it'll happen but I'd love to see Mike Ybarra given the boot alongside Kotick.

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
So now the Xbox showcases will be like 2 hours long ? With like 35 studios I understand the need for a new format like the Developer_Direct.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
JUST DO XBOX NEXT AND XBOXCON
64b

Jun 15, 2020
So now the Xbox showcases will be like 2 hours long ? With like 35 studios I understand the need for a new format like the Developer_Direct.
If it's up to me, I move Blizzcon to February, and then have 4 Showcases throughout the year. Shorter though. Maybe 45 minutes.

February - Xbox Showcase: BlizzCon
June - Xbox Showcase: Summer Game Fest
August - Xbox Showcase: Gamescom
November - Xbox Showcase: XO

You could also maybe play around with Quakecon in there too. The Showcases for BlizzCon and/or Quakecon should be the night BEFORE the event's normal keynote, you don't want to change anything about their actual event, as to not piss off fans that have been going to BlizzCon or Quakecon for years. This is in addition to. Also, those events don't have to be limited to Blizzard or id stuff, even though it should have some of it. Maybe like the Quakecon one ends with a teaser for Quake 5 and says "See first gameplay tomorrow at the Quakecon keynote". Something like that.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I doubt it. Despite ABK's size, they don't actually have a lot of games in development, most of their resources focused on CoD. The Xbox show was just an hour long this year (without Starfield Direct). So the standard runtime will likely be around 1h30m. We likely won't get another 40+ minute direct until TES VI.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox should just do more shows and presentations through the year. I feel Microsoft shows in general tend to be too long but then you have periods in the years where there is no news at all. Spread that information out. It will allow each individual game to get more attention.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
My guess is maybe the Sony marketing ends this year and those COD games won't be able to go into Game Pass until 2025 but the 2024 game will not have Sony marketing and thus should be able to be day one?

It's all so damn confusing, and I still wouldn't be surprised if MS works out some deal with Sony to get them on Game Pass sooner
I don't know about the 2024 release, but I think the rest of this is how I understand it. Ryan said the deal expires in mid-2024, so before 2024. And I am guessing there is some sort of agreement that would keep at least the games Playstation has had marketing right for off of Game Pass until a year after the deal expires.

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
If it's up to me, I move Blizzcon to February, and then have 4 Showcases throughout the year. Shorter though. Maybe 45 minutes.

February - Xbox Showcase: BlizzCon
June - Xbox Showcase: Summer Game Fest
August - Xbox Showcase: Gamescom
November - Xbox Showcase: XO

You could also maybe play around with Quakecon in there too. The Showcases for BlizzCon and/or Quakecon should be the night BEFORE the event's normal keynote, you don't want to change anything about their actual event, as to not piss off fans that have been going to BlizzCon or Quakecon for years. This is in addition to. Also, those events don't have to be limited to Blizzard or id stuff, even though it should have some of it. Maybe like the Quakecon one ends with a teaser for Quake 5 and says "See first gameplay tomorrow at the Quakecon keynote". Something like that.
I like the idea of smaller showcases spread throughout the year. Even if it means the death of the "spirit" of E3, because for me the Xbox showcase was the last remanence of it.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Is something wrong with Mike? Other than he used to have a few douchey Tweets, but don't we all...

He isn't liked by the Blizzard devs at all.

www.polygon.com

Blizzard workers furious after ‘demoralizing’ Q&A meeting

Blizzard president Mike Ybarra addressed ‘employee satisfaction,’ but made a lot of workers more angry

www.resetera.com

Blizzard pushing to end remote work (Ybarra involved in decision)

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/culture/q-a-with-blizzard-leadership-on-return-to-office-bonuses-leaves-devs-fuming Didn't find a thread for this but I'm sure there's one somewhere about blizzard killing WFH Turns out however, it's Mike also pushing for it, not just some random Activision higher...

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
I doubt it. Despite ABK's size, they don't actually have a lot of games in development, most of their resources focused on CoD. The Xbox show was just an hour long this year (without Starfield Direct). So the standard runtime will likely be around 1h30m. We likely won't get another 40+ minute direct until TES VI.
If we take the words of Spencer we can expect more games from ABK. And this is without taking in account the eventuality of other acquisitions (even if it would seem too much for me).

Jun 15, 2020
He isn't liked by the Blizzard devs at all.

www.polygon.com

Blizzard workers furious after ‘demoralizing’ Q&A meeting

Blizzard president Mike Ybarra addressed ‘employee satisfaction,’ but made a lot of workers more angry

www.resetera.com

Blizzard pushing to end remote work (Ybarra involved in decision)

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/culture/q-a-with-blizzard-leadership-on-return-to-office-bonuses-leaves-devs-fuming Didn't find a thread for this but I'm sure there's one somewhere about blizzard killing WFH Turns out however, it's Mike also pushing for it, not just some random Activision higher...
Oh wow. Yeah, he probably should go. And at the very least, Microsoft needs to order them to allow work-from-home. Grubb says they are losing a shit-ton of people for that, and that's a big reason why they didn't have enough staff to their original Overwatch 2 PvE promises.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Starfield is gonna be huge

Also managed to get in on that GPU rewards glitch. Lovely Saturday

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Ybarra is more likely to get a promotion or a giant pay raise at the very least than getting boot from Microsoft, his former employer. It was really weird seeing people cheerlead Tweets from Activision executives when they clearly their main reason for wanting the deal to get done is so they personally benefit. Like you have people at Activision saying how the deal would make things more fair and equal when it was Activision who made things less equal in the first place by signing the COD (and let's not forget the Destiny) deal with Sony in the first place. If Sony or whoever had come knocking with even more money, you know for sure Activision would have sold to them instead. It's all a money grab but hey, more power to them. But I'm not going to pretend that Activision executives are supporting this deal for the benefit of gamers or even their own employees.

Oct 12, 2020
I like the idea of smaller showcases spread throughout the year. Even if it means the death of the "spirit" of E3, because for me the Xbox showcase was the last remanence of it.

I don't know. That last big Xbox Showcase was so damn good I'd really like to see annual attempts to repeat it. It's such a great way to kick off the Summer. 😎

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
It's kind of funny to me how the ABK deal will both not really change much for Xbox but also absolutely be a game changer in a multitude of ways too.

Personally though I think I'm most looking forward to checking out Singularity if/when that hits PC Game Pass. And also COD 1/United Offensive, as those two games have evaded me thus far, but that will likely take a bit since COD 1 doesn't play nice with newer systems

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
ABK is the money printer that keeps the lights on indefinitely at Xbox imo. It's not exciting like Bethesda was to me. (And, boy, was that exciting.) But it does allow Xbox to continue with their current vision imo. Letting smaller studios continue to experiment and do their own things while the money printer of COD go brrrrr.

They have plenty of work to do to get ABK up to snuff, and I could see them taking some years off. Even one year off per release cycle gives every team 4 years instead of 3 to make the games. But, to me, it makes sense that Activision proper is going to be laser-focused on keeping that money printer going. I think they will be able to peel off those teams like TFB and Beenox eventually and just hire up in their places internally with the extra MS money, but for now, I assume they will keep greasing the wheels for COD.

I could even see them decoupling MP altogether like they have tried to do with Warzone and having updates yearly on that front that changes things up dramatically. Don't know what that would look like or how it would work for efficiency but it's one possibility to free up some of the teams.

Lots of fun times ahead for these OTs for speculating and arguing tho!

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Plan to make COD workload easier while continuing yearly releases:
  • Separate campaign, have a separate single player focused game in the Call of Duty universe. Infinity Ward was hiring for a "RPG", a RPG in a modern war setting would be pretty sweet.
  • Separate zombies, Treyarch is reportedly working on a stand-alone zombies game. Just expand on that overtime
I think the reason for Call of Duty's dominance is the annual releases. Stopping that gives way for competitors to spring up especially in years where the COD community is disappointed (like this year). I think there should also be more diversity from each COD studio, Treyarch doing Cold War and then getting Vanguard is snooze. We need a futuristic COD, a modern war one, and whatever Sledgehammer wants to do.

There also needs to be a roadmap to start taking some resources away from COD for other franchises and projects. ABK is too big to only be releasing one or two games a year.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Yeah, the idea of putting out Warzone/Zombies/Standard MP on a yearly cadence and moving the SP portion of the studios to a longer spread is sound imo but who knows the logistics of it all.

You would keep the money train going and also (potentially) free up some devs or at least give them more time to make the campaigns or other projects.

TheBeev

Sep 12, 2020
Yes that's right :-) I didn't want to hijack another thread though :P And I'm LEGIT just excited to be able to play games again.

Too many! But I'll be back from holidays for THE ONE we're all waiting for :) I'm sure somebody has the daily countdown ready?!

Congrats man! I defended my PhD thesis last month as well so I know that feeling of relief and renewed energy to play games!

Jan 20, 2022
Nah I'm all for the one, massive showcase in the summer. And it needs to be in front of a live audience too. These small directs are super lame and most the time I just don't watch at all. E3 was an event. The whole gaming world tuned in. I'd much rather wait a year for a huge showcase full of fan fare and excitement than get a bunch of small scale stuff.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
downloaded all the 360 cods in anticipation they will be available on gamepass hopefully next week

surprised to see all the DLC i bought as a kid are still there nice.

Hopefully the deal actually closes on monday / tuesday and they launch on gamepass

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
I really don't think MS needs to be thinking about any additional acquisitions outside of maybe small, strategic stuff (think Nixxes for Sony type stuff). A big move wouldnt happen for at least a year at a very forgiving minimum. Theyre about to be the lead in terms of revenue outside of Tencent and will have like 27k employees globally or whatever. Let the fruits of this merger bare out.

Wouldn't that be a reason to quickly do it before they do start to beat out the others? :P SEGA next! but seriously I do think they should pick up SEGA then cool down completely on publishers and just pick up a few more single studios ;)

How many of you guys are excited about the upcoming ABK games over the next two years that'll be coming to Game Pass Day 1? Genuinely curious. I just don't see much there.

I buy COD every year so that alone is exciting for me

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
When they have ABK I don't think they necessarily have to increase the length of their shows, instead, it'll let them be a lot more strategic in what they show, allowing them to focus only on the games that they're confident are ready to deliver.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
When they have ABK I don't think they necessarily have to increase the length of their shows, instead, it'll let them be a lot more strategic in what they show, allowing them to focus only on the games that they're confident are ready to deliver.
Yep. Can increase the amount of games shown overall but thats just due to the sheer volume of studios. But those shown CAN be ones 90% on lock for the next year or whatever. Itll be good to let others not feel compelled or rushed to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.