Which first party game impressed you the most?

• Avowed

Votes: 112 6.8%
  • Clockwork Revolution

Votes: 310 18.9%
  • Fable

Votes: 381 23.3%
  • Hellblade II: Senua's Saga

Votes: 79 4.8%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 131 8.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 1,245 76.1%
  • Other (Towerborne, Forza Motorsport, Microsoft Flight Simulator, etc)

Votes: 94 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInBlue0

May 22, 2023
The facial animation / character rendering of the fish companion dude Kai (sorry Pillars fans) seems like quite a step up over The Outer Worlds. Camera positioning looks nice. Facial animation looks more detailed. Great stuff

That character really stood out as a visual highlight of the trailer. Looks great.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
The facial animation / character rendering of the fish companion dude Kai (sorry Pillars fans) seems like quite a step up over The Outer Worlds. Camera positioning looks nice. Facial animation looks more detailed. Great stuff
That character really stood out as a visual highlight of the trailer. Looks great.
with the trailer they should have focused more on the role playing aspect of the game with dialog and companions than with combat imo

Oct 12, 2020
Add me to the list of my Starfield controller arriving today. It's beautiful. And it feels even better in the hands than my autographed-by-Phil controller. I seriously prefer the feel of this over an elite. The extra rubber and textured triggers 😍 plus I just prefer the form factor of series controllers I guess.

I'm not opening the boxes of Starfield controller or headset until I start the game. The boxes shall remain in proximity of my Series X as a reminder to myself of what is coming. 🚀 🪐

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
So I'm playing Benedict Fox and while I'm mostly enjoying the game, even with all the accessibility options turned on to make the game easier, I have absolutely no idea where I'm supposed to be going at any given time. I get that it's apart of the appeal of metroidvanias or whatever, but I've spent an ungodly amount of time just wandering aimlessly having no clue what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to head next lol

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Kami got any more of them live recordings
I do! Think I'm going to do a vlog of the entire Fanfest experience and throw a few of them in there.

The crowd in LA was amazing. There was so much love and energy in the building and Phil and the crew really showed their appreciation. Didn't get to meet him unfortunately but I did meet Klobrille which was awesome!

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I just learned that Microsoft FS2024 is a standalone "sequel". Does that mean they're gonna charge $70 for what may as well be essentially an expansion pack? That's wrinkling my brain and sounds to me like some cash grabbing b.s.

Deleted member 129418

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2022
I just learned that Microsoft FS2024 is a standalone "sequel". Does that mean they're gonna charge $70 for what may as well be essentially an expansion pack? That's wrinkling my brain and sounds to me like some cash grabbing b.s.
it's a standalone thing? I genuinely thought it was a Sea of Thieves type beat where they just slapped the current year in the title (it's now called "Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition"... for some reason)

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I am seeing a lot of people saying they're buying a Series console for Starfield and I think that's superb. This is honestly the first generation since the 360 days where it feels like Sony actually has some competition.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Yes, full price sequel. Just like how farming sim or sports games do it. Yeah probably a bit crappy since a lot of the tech will be reused, but that's the case for Fifa too and they release that one every year

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Biggest thing that stood out for me as well. Dialog is the biggest thing in these games, and def was hoping for a big jump over outer worlds there and looks like we got it

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
How do you imagine the end of Starfield? I imagine Todd Howard revealing himself as God.
A sequel hook teaser that that there's intelligent life still out there.

Starfield 2 will then be an RPG about negotiating first contact. Your choices will determine how the alien society reacts towards you and humanity in general, and the ultimate relationship we as a species foster with them (e.g. amicable collaborative friendship, passive partnership, dissmissive, servitude, or outright antagonism).

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It's releasing 4 years after the previous title and is adding a ton of content, why is that a cash grab? All dlc and content is forward compatible.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
It seems a little soon but looking at its release date, and the history they typically release a new game every 2-3 up till flight simulator X it will be 4 years after its original release. Good news is that most in game purchases will carry forward plus its on game pass.

Eduardo

Apr 26, 2023
I checked the Avowed subreddit out of curiousity and, Lord, it is a mess over there

nQE9SZl.gif

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's been four years and FS2024 adds a ton of new content. I think it's fair, and more importantly I think a lot of the game's market will think it's fair (MSFS used to be essentially a biennial release).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's releasing 4 years after the previous title and is adding a ton of content, why is that a cash grab? All dlc and content is forward compatible.
Yeah i dont think it's unfair at all for seemingly how much content is coming. Every world update has been free and the crossover movie tie in stuff. Any purchased and mods will basically continue on as is too with is good. $15 a year diff basically. Or pay $120 a year with Game Pass lol

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Why no Starfield Elite controller? My Master Chief one is starting to work less than great. I can't go paddleless again.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say where review scores on Starfield will ultimately land. I guess it really depends on how tolerant people are of Bethesda jank, if there is even Bethesda jank, and if all of the promising things they showed in that presentation really work in actual gameplay. I don't think 30 FPS will be the major sticking point.

I love Bethesda games but they never do live up to the advertisement. The simulation always breaks down and there are usually enough bugs for it to be annoying. Having such a great presentation could be a double edge sword. The game can ultimately be great but still not live up to the expectations Bethesda presented. Kind of live a slightly less egregious Peter Molyneux. I loved the Fable games and the first two game scored really well but the legacy of those games are always framed by the promised Molyneux and the ones he couldn't deliver on.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021
So I'm playing Benedict Fox and while I'm mostly enjoying the game, even with all the accessibility options turned on to make the game easier, I have absolutely no idea where I'm supposed to be going at any given time. I get that it's apart of the appeal of metroidvanias or whatever, but I've spent an ungodly amount of time just wandering aimlessly having no clue what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to head next lol

I feel your pain. There's a setting called "I don't like wandering aimlessly" or something like that in the settings (Accessibility?) that will put info on your map, like door locations, where there is more mana or whatever they call it to acquire (look for pink areas on the map). I gave up wandering around after a while and enabled that setting so I could wrap things up. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.