If given the option, which RPG would you want remade by a first party studio?

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Votes: 135 23.3%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 119 20.6%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Votes: 109 18.8%
  • Lost Odyssey

Votes: 94 16.2%
  • Blue Dragon

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Jade Empire

Votes: 81 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
tenor.gif

There's still no COCOON app to preload on PC (or Xbox I think)

OP
OP
Andrei Rublev

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
How many hours? Gonna guess and say its a lot? It's normal to take a break! I see so many comments in the OT that are like "I played this for 100 hours in 3 weeks and now I'm bored." Like no shit. Anyone would burn out on any game like that. Come back for the DLC or when they have more patches. Also mods… save some energy for that! Of the 1000+ hours I have in Skyrim I bet less than 100 are vanilla. Starfield is a bit different as I'm already like 130 but I'm also on a break to play other games.

It is a lot, around 65 last I checked! And yeah I'm not in any rush to finish the game. It's probably just the first Bethesda game where I haven't been super invested from start to finish. I just with the QoL aspects of the game were better.

I'm still going to play all the DLC and do mods, so I'm definitely not giving up on the game entirely.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Beta (2310.230924-2200) - Xbox Wire

Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Beta ring...

Xbox Game Pass

When launching an Xbox Game Pass title that is leaving the catalog soon, a random subset of users will see a new dialog which will help clarify exactly when it is leaving and offer an easy path to purchase the game to keep playing even after it has left.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
No. They just made poor investments in bandcamp (???) and youth advertising (SuperAwesome), and the Metaverse craze shit drying up. According to Tim at least, their core business isn't being cut much and will continue to get more investment (Fortnite, Unreal Engine, UEFN, EGS, EAC, etc). Tim will never sell his company as long as he's alive. They're still very successful. Those two acquisitions probably cost less than $200M combined, which isn't much when considering this is a multi-billion dollar company even before factoring in any premium.
Yea, but it doesn't give me much hope for Harmonix and stuff like that either..

View: https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1707307882415579427?s=46&t=gf8rfJgiXtRzEKTUzSF5Yw
Kojima getting philosophical after a visit with MS

"Gaming is a technology-dependent medium that can evolve, but never degenerate. So once you take your foot off the technological ladder, you will never be able to climb it again. If you take your eyes off the ladder for even a moment, you will find that the times have moved up several steps. If you are only focused on the horizontal expansion, you are in danger."

Kojima: Not a fan of horizontal expansion. Noted proponent of vertical mergers.

Fucking unicorn overlord how could you 😂
maxresdefault.jpg
Interesting that every company - even Sega, whose logo I don't even see on this poster - has a trademark/copyright notification at the bottom. Except Xbox...

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
Trueachievements such an amazing site and community. Guides for every single achievement in every single game and a super active community where you can get boosting sessions for any game / assistance for getting achievements.
It's definitely a great resource for tracking and pursuing achievements, and participating in the community events can be a fun meta-game. Sometimes the comment section can get a little "yikes" though, but that's not exactly uncommon in gaming forums.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Phil: "Here at Xbox we're big fans of JRPGs. So, we're buying SEGA and using the power of AI to release a new Rieko Kodama Phantasy Star game"

Phil after visiting Era: "Here at Xbox we're big fans of JRPGs. So, we're relocating the Playground Games team to Osaka, now Fable is a JRPG."

But I heard people, recently in this very thread, state that Halo was dead? I'm so confused.

Anyone who thinks that is hereby sentenced to playing more husky raid.

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
I really dislike post like this because it's not like MS said they are done. They told us they still want to grow especially in Asia. Now if we were talking about EA, that's different. There is no indication they would want any publisher in the West, but if they are talking about buying in Asia. It's going to be a talking point among fans. It's the business side and no different then talking about console sales etc…

Buying in Asia especially in places in SK is just as mobile play as ABK.

I understand the realities of the business. I also understand the realities of things like GAAS and Microtransactions and things of that nature, I am not exactly chomping at the bit for more of them. Understand and desiring are far different things, and as far as I can tell, there isn't a huge amount of disagreement here. If xbox purchased Sega tomorrow, I imagine I would be one of the very few bothered by it that frequent this thread. All three platform holders are in a healthy place now, once Activision is done, xbox first party will absolutely dwarf the others immensely. They don't need more publishers.

Anyway, I assume everyone dislikes 90% of my posts so that is fine :P

I feel you. People are becoming a little too comfortable with Microsoft buying publishers and studios. We all know uncle Phil would never let us down, but what about the people the come after? Years after. I don't think the Xbox of today is a concern but we don't know the Xbox of tomorrow. So it's best if Xbox doesn't "overplay" their hand. Just imagine if Mattrick(or someone like him) came back and had access to all these studios. Would he nurture or start closing non essentials down?

I will admit Sega would be the dream for me. The last stone in the Infinity gauntlet, but part of me thinks MS should stop or slow down at that point. Maybe even before that point.
My problem with the line of thinking that "MS said they aren't done so there's nothing wrong with us speculating" is people overlook one of the biggest reasons touted here in support of the ABK acquisition.

Fixing the culture.

Almost EVERYONE would respond to concerns about buying a massive publisher with "well Kotick and the execs are toxic so at least they'll be out".

We haven't even got to the closure of that acquisition and people have seemingly forgotten about all of those concerns raised. Despite many actually pointing out that fixing toxic culture isn't easy, it takes years and if you do it any faster you'll like impact the studios so much their productivity will be affected for a while (meaning fewer potential exclusives).

Where has all of this concern gone? It's been crickets. Instead we're seeing people being totally fine speculating about the NEXT acquisition.

Hold up! Let's get the house in order. Let's fix shit with ABK. Yes, it's possible to do more acquisitions at the same time but this is the biggest one in the history of gaming, heck in the history of tech. Don't you want it to be done right?

For context, I'm a PC gamer first and foremost. My second console is a Switch. I don't own a Xbox or PS5, although I do occasionally jump onto cloud gaming.

Maybe it's an age thing and I'm seeing so many changes happen which don't phase the younger people around here, but if Microsoft go full speed ahead with ABK and THEN move straight onto another big acquisition (Sega, Ubisoft etc) there will be major whiplash from dealing with all of that integration. IMO.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Considering the 360 had Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Enchanted Arms, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean as exclusives/timed exclusives the XSX/SS is doing pretty good.

For sure, it's at least on a positive trajectory (like, the line keeps going up) after the XB1 debacle. I'd imagine they still have a lot of room to grow by delivering on content.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
My (first) playthrough with Psychonauts 2 has been an interesting experience… sometimes the game is great fun and other times it's needlessly frustrating. Not really sure how I feel about it. I think I especially don't like the brain levels.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Played some of this TES Castles. Yup, it's Fallout Shelter but for Elder Scrolls. Really generic art style though.

Jun 5, 2023
My problem with the line of thinking that "MS said they aren't done so there's nothing wrong with us speculating" is people overlook one of the biggest reasons touted here in support of the ABK acquisition.

Fixing the culture.

Almost EVERYONE would respond to concerns about buying a massive publisher with "well Kotick and the execs are toxic so at least they'll be out".

We haven't even got to the closure of that acquisition and people have seemingly forgotten about all of those concerns raised. Despite many actually pointing out that fixing toxic culture isn't easy, it takes years and if you do it any faster you'll like impact the studios so much their productivity will be affected for a while (meaning fewer potential exclusives).

Where has all of this concern gone? It's been crickets. Instead we're seeing people being totally fine speculating about the NEXT acquisition.

Hold up! Let's get the house in order. Let's fix shit with ABK. Yes, it's possible to do more acquisitions at the same time but this is the biggest one in the history of gaming, heck in the history of tech. Don't you want it to be done right?

For context, I'm a PC gamer first and foremost. My second console is a Switch. I don't own a Xbox or PS5, although I do occasionally jump onto cloud gaming.

Maybe it's an age thing and I'm seeing so many changes happen which don't phase the younger people around here, but if Microsoft go full speed ahead with ABK and THEN move straight onto another big acquisition (Sega, Ubisoft etc) there will be major whiplash from dealing with all of that integration. IMO.
You're right. I don't think people are concerned about fixing culture they are concerned about the next games. Clearing out the trash at ABK gets forgotten about. It can be difficult to remember the social issues when the next gamepass game will have a more direct impact for people. That's just being honest. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to hold Microsoft accountable.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
www.windowscentral.com

Microsoft plans major platform upgrades for 'Windows 12' that will modernize the OS with AI, faster updates, and better security

Windows "CorePC" is the spiritual successor to Windows "Core OS."

I wonder how this will factor in to the Xbox leaks about a Thin Client OS + future compatibility and all that if they go with ARM or just the new console.

According to my sources who are familiar with Microsoft's plans, the company is once again hard at work on a new project internally that's designed to modernize the Windows platform with many of the same innovations it was working on for Windows Core OS, but with a focus on native compatibility for legacy Win32 applications on devices where it makes sense.
My sources tell me CorePC will allow Microsoft to finally deliver a version of Windows that truly competes with Chromebooks in OS footprint, performance, and capabilities. A version of Windows that only runs Edge, web apps, Android apps (via Project Latte) and Office apps, designed for low-end education PCs is already in early testing internally, and is roughly 60-75% smaller than Windows 11 SE.

Microsoft is also working on a version of CorePC that meet the current feature set and capabilities of Windows desktop, but with state separation enabled for those faster OS updates and improved security benefits. The company is working on a compatibility layer codenamed Neon for legacy apps that require a shared state OS to function, too.
Lastly, I hear that Microsoft is experimenting with a version of CorePC that's "silicon-optimized," designed to reduce legacy overhead, focus on AI capabilities, and vertically optimize hardware and software experiences in a way similar to that of Apple Silicon. Unsurprisingly, AI experiences are a key focus for Windows going into 2024.

Some AI features being developed include the ability for Windows to analyse content on display and provide contextual prompts to jumpstart projects or apps based on the information that's currently being viewed. Windows may also be able to identify objects and text within images, and allow the user to easily cut out and paste those items elsewhere. Some AI features will require dedicated hardware to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.