Status
Not open for further replies.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
If the Initiative game was being shown and played in December/January I see zero percent chance it isn't shown in July. That's an additional six months past that. It wouldn't have regressed to nothing in that time.

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
Things we know besides Phil's tweet:

2015:
Ken Lobb (Xbox Game Studios): "Maybe we'll see another Joanna Dark game with Joanna by 2020. That would be an interesting year to bring her back."

2018:
IGN's podcast Unlocked 328 (January 2018), Ryan McCaffrey discussing about Perfect Dark rumors: "The Coalition, they are allegedly assisting on a new Perfect Dark game with another unnamed studio".
Then Alanah Pearce said she heard about it from sources.

At E3 2018, Phil Spencer said that he was talking with Gallagher (Studio Head of The Initiative) "about some things in our past that might be interesting" and pointed out how Gallahger loved "working on Lara Croft and Tomb Raider, kinda reworking some of that franchise".

2019:
The Coalition seems to be helping The Initiative (features and levels)

2020:
"The Initiative's unannounced AAA Xbox game has "weapons, gadgets, and camera surveillance"
www.gamesradar.com

The Initiative's unannounced AAA Xbox game has "weapons, gadgets, and camera surveillance"

According to a former employee's career profile

And the logo (The Coalition's logo is refering to the Coalition of Ordered Governments as Gears of War 4 was their first game, 343 Industries is referring to 343 Guilty Spark, maybe The Initiative's one is based on PD. Though it would mean that if was already decided back in 2018 that their project would be PD).
2lli.jpg

tvmi.jpg

We know it's going to have weapons, gadgets, camera surveillance and "old things" + "new things". I would be surprised if their game has zero Perfect Dark inspiration.

Great post, you make a very convincing case!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I disagree, both Fable and Perfect Dark have been gone for over 10 years and even Halo is at 5 years now. There are young gamers who don't know these games at all. Sony really didn't have a megaton announcement other than Horizon, a game that will probably not be out until end of 2021or possibly 2022. I'd argue that Halo alone has the capability of creating an amazing show, everything else is icing on the cake (and there seems to be a lot of potential icing).

First party:

-Halo
-Hellblade
-Fable???
-Perfect Dark??
-Forza Motorsport
-Japanese game??

Third party:

-Cyberpunk
-Assassins Creed
-Call of duty???

that would be beyond awesome!

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
If the Initiative game was being shown and played in December/January I see zero percent chance it isn't shown in July. That's an additional six months past that. It wouldn't have regressed to nothing in that time.

Of course not but that doesn't mean it's ready to show. I'm guessing CG trailer at best.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
There will be some kind of third party exclusives in the show, too. There's always something at the beginning of the gen.

Imagine what Crytek could do with an exclusive on XSX with 12 tflops... Ryse is still a looker to this day

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
Of course not but that doesn't mean it's ready to show. I'm guessing CG trailer at best.

Respectfully disagree. I guess there is a chance something has happened where they decide but to show it, at least in a somewhat playable form. You can be assured that all the teams are working hard for this event, if they have something being shown

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
We already decided that the July showcase is gonna be called.

Xbox July Showcase OT | Welcome to P3

:D
This is my favorite suggestion--nice job!

2015:
Ken Lobb (Xbox Game Studios): "Maybe we'll see another Joanna Dark game with Joanna by 2020. That would be an interesting year to bring her back."
"Today, no one is working on a new Perfect Dark," he said, while also pointing out that Perfect Dark is "in the discussion a lot"

2018:
IGN's podcast Unlocked 328 (January 2018), Ryan McCaffrey discussing about Perfect Dark rumors: "The Coalition, they are allegedly assisting on a new Perfect Dark game with another unnamed studio".

At E3 2018, Microsoft unveils the formation of The Initiative.
Phil Spencer says that he talked with Gallagher (Studio Head of The Initiative) "about some things in our past that might be interesting" and pointed out how Gallahger loved "working on Lara Croft and Tomb Raider, kinda reworking some of that franchise".

2019:

2020:
"The Initiative's unannounced AAA Xbox game has "weapons, gadgets, and camera surveillance"
www.gamesradar.com

The Initiative's unannounced AAA Xbox game has "weapons, gadgets, and camera surveillance"

And the logo (The Coalition's logo is refering to the Coalition of Ordered Governments as Gears of War 4 was their first game, 343 Industries is referring to 343 Guilty Spark, maybe The Initiative's one is based on PD. Though it would mean that if was already decided back in 2018 that their project would be PD).
2lli.jpg

tvmi.jpg

We know it's going to have weapons, gadgets, camera surveillance and "old things" + "new things". I would be surprised if their game has zero Perfect Dark inspiration.

This is a great post--thanks! I think it'll be hard for anyone to deny that PD is involved in some capacity.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
There will be Global Publishing titles in the mix too.

Never understood this fascination with new IPs - I definitely think a lot of the time it's purely concern trolling. People are pretty damn excited about new Spiderman, Horizon, Astrobot, Gran Turismo etc entries. Heck look at the Silent Hill thread - huge hype for the rumoured return of that IP.

agree :)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what is the incentive to jump to Series X in the next 2 years when every first-party game is available on One X?
You'll be getting the best version of those games, zero load times, massively increased visuals and more responsive controls. Combine that all it'll feel like a significant upgrade.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
this is going to be unpopular with some, but IMO gears entire gameplay needs a refresh. the entire movement set feels really clunky and outdated. i hate the rodeo run, the glide/dive to cover, the pop and shoot, grenade trajectory. all of it. i'd love to see them rethink the base mechanics for the series. reinvent it.

Not unpopular, 100% agree.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
this is going to be unpopular with some, but IMO gears entire gameplay needs a refresh. the entire movement set feels really clunky and outdated. i hate the rodeo run, the glide/dive to cover, the pop and shoot, grenade trajectory. all of it. i'd love to see them rethink the base mechanics for the series. reinvent it.
As someone who loved Gears 5, I agree. I don't think I'd play another iteration of the same Gears formula.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
not really? I just asked about the June stuff and People quoted me saying it got delayed to August so I'm saying if that's the case that's bad communication since they haven't communicated that to us officially, we were told there was stuff every month and there was June news
The delay to august are just rumors that are based on rumors. I guess i don't understand how it's poor communication when you say that based off people quoting rumors on/from 3rd party tweets and ideas.

To get in a "20/20", they still have 15 days until the month is over. With everything going on, i wouldn't be surprised if its the last week or actually is canceled and they end up having two things in July.

I'd personally would like that way they have their Games show and then followed up a week after with the Lockhart Reveal, maybe pricing too.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018

100% agree with you.

In an ideal world (for me), I'd like to see Gears move towards the movement in The Division which I thought controlled brilliantly and contains a lot of shooting from cover like Gears does.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So we know that we shouldn't expect Cyberpunk Series X Enhanced this year but I do wonder what improvements Cyberpunk will have out of the box on Series X. The SSD itself will likely do some work (SoD2 footage was a untouched version of the game after all) but I wonder what else aside from that and quick resume?

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
100% agree with you.

In an ideal world (for me), I'd like to see Gears move towards the movement in The Division which I thought controlled brilliantly and contains a lot of shooting from cover like Gears does.

Same. A buddy and I put over 50 hours into The Division 2 and we still have more to do.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
100% agree with you.

I haven't played Division but isn't basic tps controls? Change sliding into cover only if you have a better idea for movement that isn't what every other game is doing.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So we know that we shouldn't expect Cyberpunk Series X Enhanced this year but I do wonder what improvements Cyberpunk will have out of the box on Series X. The SSD itself will likely do some work (SoD2 footage was a untouched version of the game after all) but I wonder what else aside from that and quick resume?

some form of the PC ray tracing would be a safe bet

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I don't disagree but if they don't get it right, or hell even if they do, the backlash will be there - especially with the MP fans.

I think they'll keep making changes to the campaign and other changes and/or improvements, but if you want to see something totally different/a complete refresh another IP would really allow them that.

Deleted member 69222

User requested account closure
Banned
May 14, 2020

2015:
"Today, no one is working on a new Perfect Dark," he said, while also pointing out that Perfect Dark is "in the discussion a lot"

2018:

At E3 2018, Microsoft unveils the formation of The Initiative.
Phil Spencer says that he talked with Gallagher (Studio Head of The Initiative) "about some things in our past that might be interesting" and pointed out how Gallahger loved "working on Lara Croft and Tomb Raider, kinda reworking some of that franchise".

2019:

2020:
www.gamesradar.com

2lli.jpg

tvmi.jpg

I did see your post before. :)

What I said in my post is that Phil's words are the only official info we have on The Initiative. That, and Booty's 'AAAA' comment. Everything else is unofficial/speculation (except for what Ken said, of course).

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I disagree that it feels clunky and outdated, but I agree that it needs a refresh. The gameplay is great, but we've had 5 games now with very similar gameplay. It was my favorite 360 franchise, but I think I'm officially tired of it.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Hence the concern troll threads we've been getting, because the narrative is about to change and people notice all the things Xbox has been doing right these past several years setting themselves up for next gen.
Lol. it's been hilarious but the ignore feature works wonders. it also gives the option to ignore the creators of those threads which is quite smart cos those concern troll threads are usually made by the same users.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
To people saying they'd be disappointed if this or that don't make the show - I'm not saying lower your expectations, but keep in mind that even if some of your favorite franchises exist, it does not mean they will be announced at this show. I think going into it with an open mind is the best way, as opposed to going in ready to be disappointed if Game X isn't there.

For me, I know Halo Infinite will be there so I already know I'll love the show... but I'm easy to please. Just ask my girlfriend.

lol :)
agree

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. This is good for consumers but I don't think it a great strategy if they want to sell Series X consoles. I know a lot of parents are going to be confused this holiday.
if people can tell the difference between iphone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro max, they can tell the difference between xbox one and xbox series x.

Status
Not open for further replies.