Status
Not open for further replies.

murphyspub

Oct 30, 2017
CEC was removed in the latest update. Didn't work right; couldn't use my TV remote to navigate or control video, but still a bummer. Someday...

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I've read every Xbox OT here; this is the first time the title dislike has been so high...BY FAR the most negative reaction yet. It's not a big deal and I love the rest of the OP, but I'd love it if we could change the title too.

It's just weird. Is it making fun of him? Trying to troll the forum for disliking the Inside Xbox a couple weeks ago? I'm honestly not even sure what the intent is.

I get that, whatever, it's a thread title, but it's odd to me that the people who actually post in the thread apparently have no input.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Scorn dev

Why are you targeting 60FPS for Scorn? Does that mean there'll be a lot of combat in the game, thus requiring smooth controls?

For PC players with keyboard and mouse 60FPS is simply a necessity. We also feel that responsiveness should be as important on consoles. It's the players direct communication with the game. Even if you are just talking about graphical fidelity, when a game runs at 30FPS you start losing the established details once the camera starts moving.

wccftech.com

Scorn Interview - Xbox Series X Is a 'Very Balanced System'; Trailer Was Running on an RTX 2080Ti

We talk to the Game Director of Scorn. He claims that the Xbox Series X is a very balanced system and clarifies the GPU used in the trailer.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So much drama over an OT title.

Yea at first I thought we were just joking but I didn't know it was such serious business.

Honestly if its that big of a deal to some of you, why not PM OP and talk about it and offer some suggestions about better ways to choose titles.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Well of course it's not a big deal, but I think it people are right to voice their opinions. Especially when the title is dumb and when it has no input from the rest of the community. But whatever.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
All aboard the Hype Infinity - Xbox 20/20?
Let's go!

uCv0eNn.jpg
I'm on it!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
To me aarons approach of marketing is pure cringe and hurts the brand. Those tweets are really hard to look at. I'm sure he is a nice person, but I'm not happy with the xbox brand communication of him.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
To me aarons approach of marketing is pure cringe and hurts the brand. Those tweets are really hard to look at. I'm sure he is a nice person, but I'm not happy with the xbox brand communication of him.
Yeah, for me it's also things like how he behaved during the last event. (and I feel like both he and the Inside Xbox hosts often do this) He overdoes his exitement, and it doesn't seem genuine.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "Ishmae1, post: 35393415, membro: 11592"]
Lavoro in Microsoft e anche questo non mi aiuta a scherzare con questo titolo OT.

¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Ma il nuovo OT woo!
[/CITAZIONE]

HI Mr. Isgreen. Could we expect some Aoe
I work at Microsoft and even that doesn't help me get the joke with this OTs title.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But new OT woo!

Hi Mr. Isgreen. Could we expect some Aoe4 info at July event?

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Sorry, I don't like the title.

They were better suggestions in the last thread.

Also, I wanted other headers. They're really beautiful and well done, thought. Hopefully for the next thread we have new games to add to the first page.

amphille

Mar 26, 2020

My feelings exactly. He might be genuine and all but comes of super cringe. Im sure he's a super Nice Guy and all but the industry has changed. Way more people are interested in the technical aspect of this new gen. I want to hear from people who has technical knowledge in games and platform.

Its frustrating to watch when you know MS has easy a 100 people that could deliver the message in a better way.

In another note I'd like to offer some thoughts on how to atleast compete next gen and beyond.

I like the idea of getting studios with more potential then their games show but I'm not a fan of getting/building studios with a single franchise in mind. Every studio going forward needs to have more then 1 IP to keep things fresh. You are not going to aquire the best talent of you tell them that they're going to work on gears and only gears for years to come. The exception to this rule are studios that just churn out new games all the time like Double fine or Rare

MS diversity in studio locations might also be a problem when they all draw talent from the same pool. For example they have 3 studios in England but none (except Mojang) in the rest of Europe. There is a lot of talent in Sweden/Poland/Germany/France that you could use. Also nothing in Asia. This might not be a problem but it helps a lot being Present in the market that you are trying to penetrate.

VR.....Nothing I'm personally super interested in at home atleast but it's the perception in not having the tech in a box that is absolutely capable of it. Having partnered with Valve on Steam why couldn't it work the other way around with steam peripherals working on and XSX. MS seems to always be giving and never getting. What has Nintendo done for MS for example?

Give From Software all the cash they want to make you an exclusive. / Give EA all the money they want to make a Mass Effect 4 / Give EA/Disney all the money they want for a new KoTor. Even if it don't make financial sense with some of these desicions MS are in a state where they need to make statements. Sony hade several of these this gen where they said "fuck it" and went with it. Bloodborne, FF7 remake, Shenmue 3, Spider-Man, Kojima game and so on. The only real stunt like that MS did this gen was early on with an Insomniac exclusive.

I'm a three console nutjob and love them all. Well maybe not my switch but thats for when I want to play with my kids and feel that Sony has evolved something fierce this gen with their studios. I mean we weren't really regarding Sony Santa Monica to be one of the top devs in the world before the new God of war. But they are now... same with Guerilla games and where did Bend studios come from?

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
www.inxile-entertainment.com

Careers | inXile Entertainment

Help us create the next great Xbox Game Studios title from our Orange County and New Orleans offices.

New job offer at Inxile Entertainment, Senior animation engineer.

As you quoted in previous thread - large scale project is keyword here.

Yeah, animation is one of top priorities at the moment. Many many more positions will have elements of motion capture and animation, but also world reactivity and animation regarding that.

I don't know if someone missed this, but Chad Moore (director at inXile's big next-gen project - add Anderson also as keyperson) at one very early point clearly showed what is ambition of the studio (keep in mind that this came at very start phase of the project, now they are in much more advanced position - and it's only beginning):

Screenshot-2020-05-30-at-12-10-39.png

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
It isn't even a dislike of AG, but with recent events, the title seems an overall negative and dig at the platform, and it's meant to be a thread for constant hype and excitement.

Also, make a poll without a joke option, and no burn is possible!

GET ME ON THAT HYPE SHIP

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So, how big will this thread blow up after the PS5 reveal? 20-30 pages that day? Will we be happy or doom and gloom?

Good question!

I bet there will be positive comments too, since Sony will be showing third party games as well. Unless they all are (timed) exclusive, which is possible. After all it seems Xbox has at least two exclusive games from third parties too.

But I also expect doom and gloom I guess, yeah. I bet Sony will have a impressive showing, as we've come to expect by now. Some people will want to see the exact same kind of stuff in July, we just gotta wait and see if that's a reasonable expectation.

I also expect more articles and tweets by devs to come out. At the end of the day PS is just more popular, Sony is the market leader. I definitely expect to see articles and threads that will speculate (already is one) how PS5 is the better system (for devs), how it's more....revolutionary as one dev already said etc. I didn't forget that tweet by Jason Schreier.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. As long as multiplats don't underperform or actually look worse on XSX it's all good. There really is no reason for that either. Are we gonna see third party devs go the extra mile to tap into that extra power XSX offers? Time will tell.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Embarrassing thread title. Aaron Greenberg already seems to live rent free in many warriors heads. No need to give them more of a reason to come and shit post in here.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
At the end of the day it doesn't matter. As long as multiplats don't underperform or actually look worse on XSX it's all good. There really is no reason for that either. Are we gonna see third party devs go the extra mile to tap into that extra power XSX offers? Time will tell.
How could they underperform or look worse on a stronger machine?
We've already seen the differences both in xbone and ps4 comparisons, and on X and pro comparisons, devs 99% of the time use what is available to them.
no "extra mileage" needed

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
Regarding the title of this thread. I don't know what it is about Aaron Greenberg but that man triggers me every time I see or hear him lol. He's like the Fox News anchor of Xbox. Everything he says is overhyped none sense that often backfires. He's the exact opposite of Phil.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
How could they underperform or look worse on a stronger machine?
We've already seen the differences both in xbone and ps4 comparisons, and on X and pro comparisons, devs 99% of the time use what is available to them.
no "extra mileage" needed

On another forum I saw a comment about while XSX is more capable, it also takes more work to get that extra power. But yeah, you're right, even then it should mean these games are all on par. Well,except maybe for the loading times because of the SSD. But that remains to be seen, since devs have to take PC into account as well.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Just finished Psychonauts for the first time! That final level was insane. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played. I'm a huge fan of platformers and the creativity on the level design on this one is just another league. Such a fun game.

I cannot wait to see what's Double Fine will come up with now that they won't have to waste so much time trying to fund their projects / finding publishers.

Now I'll try to play the rest of the Double Fine catalog that I still can't believe I've missed for so long. Just started Brutal Legends 40 minutes ago and I'm already in love with that one...
I did too a few weeks back. Great game. Brutal Legend is a gem too.

Deleted member 69222

User requested account closure
Banned
May 14, 2020
Aaron has been overhyping shit for a over a decade now and we all gave him a pass. Why are we only chastising him now?

You know he won't change, and I'm glad he won't. He is the embodiment of Xbox lol

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
On another forum I saw a comment about while XSX is more capable, it also takes more work to get that extra power.
They have literally the same architecture, the main difference being that on Xbox devs have to target the 10GB pool with graphics assets, on Playstation they apparently have to optimize for variable clockrates. Microsoft isn't so incompetent as to make a 20% more powerful GPU difficult to access.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Aaron has been overhyping shit for a over a decade now and we all gave him a pass. Why are we only chastising him now?

You know he won't change, and I'm glad he won't. He is the embodiment of Xbox lol
Because how he acts feels like we are in dudebro era again of the 360. He seems to be stuck in it.
Where the attitude of Spencer is way better and that is the embodiment of Xbox now.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

Aaron has been making an ass of himself for years and he's been made fun of for just as long. He should change. His bullshit reflects badly on the Xbox brand.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Good question!

I bet there will be positive comments too, since Sony will be showing third party games as well. Unless they all are (timed) exclusive, which is possible. After all it seems Xbox has at least two exclusive games from third parties too.

But I also expect doom and gloom I guess, yeah. I bet Sony will have a impressive showing, as we've come to expect by now. Some people will want to see the exact same kind of stuff in July, we just gotta wait and see if that's a reasonable expectation.

I also expect more articles and tweets by devs to come out. At the end of the day PS is just more popular, Sony is the market leader. I definitely expect to see articles and threads that will speculate (already is one) how PS5 is the better system (for devs), how it's more....revolutionary as one dev already said etc. I didn't forget that tweet by Jason Schreier.

Agreed. I have no doubts as to the quality of Sony's show. And the media will do what they always do, barring a PS3/One reveal level disaster.

I am looking forward to the event because I want to get a PS5 next gen for exclusives. That said, I sincerely hope they tone the moneyhatting way back. The way MS got crucified for Rise of the Tomb Raider but Sony gets a free pass for Street Fighter V, FFVII Remake, Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, etc. due to "Platform Relevance" has never sat well with me. I hope if they do moneyhat, they do like MS mostly does and help support up and coming AA studios like Bloober Team. Capcom, Square and Activision don't need the money or support. Studios such as The Farm 51, Thekla and ZA/UM could really benefit from the support and cash infusion a second party contract could bring, be that from Sony, MS, Valve, Epic, Google, Nintendo or someone else.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
As you quoted in previous thread - large scale project is keyword here.

Yeah, animation is one of top priorities at the moment. Many many more positions will have elements of motion capture and animation, but also world reactivity and animation regarding that.

I don't know if someone missed this, but Chad Moore (director at inXile's big next-gen project - add Anderson also as keyperson) at one very early point clearly showed what is ambition of the studio (keep in mind that this came at very start phase of the project, now they are in much more advanced position - and it's only beginning):

Screenshot-2020-05-30-at-12-10-39.png
Damn that is ambitious. Looking forward to it.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
They have literally the same architecture, the main difference being that on Xbox devs have to target the 10GB pool with graphics assets, on Playstation they apparently have to optimize for variable clockrates. Microsoft isn't so incompetent as to make a 20% more powerful GPU difficult to access.

Paul from Red Gaming mentioned that devs have been telling him Playstation is easier to develop for. Not because Series X is complicated like the ps3 or anything like that. Getting the most out of the extra CUs takes extra work.

I think the dark horse is DX12U. If devs use those tools on PC, then they can justify the extra effort because it not only pays off on Xbox but also PC.

Deleted member 69222

User requested account closure
Banned
May 14, 2020
Because how he acts feels like we are in dudebro era again of the 360. He seems to be stuck in it.
Where the attitude of Spencer is way better and that is the embodiment of Xbox now.
Aaron has been making an ass of himself for years and he's been made fun of for just as long. He should change. His bullshit reflects badly on the Xbox brand.

I guess I'm the only one who finds his antics endearing.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Agreed. I have no doubts as to the quality of Sony's show. And the media will do what they always do, barring a PS3/One reveal level disaster.

I am looking forward to the event because I want to get a PS5 next gen for exclusives. That said, I sincerely hope they tone the moneyhatting way back. The way MS got crucified for Rise of the Tomb Raider but Sony gets a free pass for Street Fighter V, FFVII Remake, Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, etc. due to "Platform Relevance" has never sat well with me. I hope if they do moneyhat, they do like MS mostly does and help support up and coming AA studios like Bloober Team. Capcom, Square and Activision don't need the money or support. Studios such as The Farm 51, Thekla and ZA/UM could really benefit from the support and cash infusion a second party contract could bring, be that from Sony, MS, Valve, Epic, Google, Nintendo or someone else.

100% agreed.

The moneyhatting is exactly what I'm a little afraid of too. Especially since they said they won't be slowing down with that, so I guess it might even get worse. But I hope not, I hope the majority of the third party games will be actual day one multiplatform games. Especially because I intend to get the XSX for its exclusives and multiplatform games and PS5 solely for the exclusives, like you. :)

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I guess I'm the only one who finds his antics endearing.
I've said this before, but I love Aaron. I work in Marketing, and I think it's important to know that Social Media interactions is like 5% of his job. He helps organize shows like E3 and Inside Xbox, he helps with brand relationships like Gears with Chips Ahoy and Pringles, Xbox with Taco Bell, all the third party deals like Cyberpunk, etc. He's good at the bulk of his job, I find his antics rather endearing and he's great at taking feedback and responding, he can just overdo it with the hype sometimes. His social media game isn't as good as Phil's or Major Nelson's but I'm hardpressed to call it bad.

So, I'm with ya there.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Hey, sorry about that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, I said replace, not fire. He's had his time, and has fumbled alot during the past gen (and more recently), comes across as extremely reactionary. Let someone else be the face of Xbox PR. That's all.

This. There were quite a few options in the previous OT. Appreciate your work Kaironaut , and respectfully, would be nice to let the community weigh in, if not just a little.

this

Status
Not open for further replies.