• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
Gears 5 seemingly will run at 60fps/4K though. Dunno if they can hit that in the campaign, too. That's a huge advantage over the games you just called - while at the same time looking almost equal.

That is true and will be an achievement considering the current gen limitations and the seemingly open design of Gears 5. They do have a lot of inspiration internally with Ninja Theory's Mo-Cap, Playground's Open World designs, Rare's SOT HDR and the 343's 60 fps smoothness in Halo 5.

I really do hope they set a benchmark like the Original Gears did, tall order but one the Coalition are capable of. A true RTX + HDR Showcase, no game has managed both of them simultaneously.

Aug 26, 2018

2 Things stood out to me:

1. They really want to bring their own personality to Gears and the trailer already shows Glimpses.

2. They are really looking at games like RDR2 as inspiration especially graphically which can only be good.

Its quite amazing how The Coalition are able to make AAA games with SP+MP, Play Anywhere etc. within 3 years. I do hope, the Coalition takes 4-5 years for the next one, that will be epic.

Aug 26, 2018
Why do they need to confirm Fable is happening when it will be a while before it's released?

What do you think will be the big 'Mic Drop' moment this E3 then? Last year, it was Cyberpunk 2077 and the acquisitions.

Gears and Halo have already had reveals. Consoles have already been teased, another 2 min tease won't be a mic drop.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its quite amazing how The Coalition are able to make AAA games with SP+MP, Play Anywhere etc. within 3 years. I do hope, the Coalition takes 4-5 years for the next one, that will be epic.

5dc15a58073122dfbb1db83934e49fdc.jpg

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
What do you think will be the big 'Mic Drop' moment this E3 then? Last year, it was Cyberpunk 2077 and the acquisitions.

Gears and Halo have already had reveals. Consoles have already been teased, another 2 min tease won't be a mic drop.
Stealing a future "Mic Drop" moment and using it this year is just pushing the problem further down the road. If Microsoft doesn't have a giant new announcement for this year (other than the Ninja Theory game, which I would argue is a big enough announcement), they're better off not announcing anything at all than using a future announcement of a game that is still several years off.

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
not every e3 has a mic drop moment. considering the lack of leaks, and that next gen starts next year, I would expect a relatively quiet e3

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No idea which I think is great.
not every e3 has a mic drop moment. considering the lack of leaks, and that next gen starts next year, I would expect a relatively quiet e3
Plus MS doesn't necessarily need one being they're the only one from the Big 3 who's even having a conference. That being said, I do think they will have one.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Personally, I think the opposite. MS basically has E3 to themselves, so its a perfect time to come out guns blazing, drop the mic several times and get people talking.

Aug 26, 2018
Stealing a future "Mic Drop" moment and using it this year is just pushing the problem further down the road. If Microsoft doesn't have a giant new announcement for this year (other than the Ninja Theory game, which I would argue is a big enough announcement), they're better off not announcing anything at all than using a future announcement that is still several years off.

E3 2017 ended with Anthem, E3 2018 with Cyberpunk 2077, both 3rd party games, I think it would be nice to finish with a 1st party title, a true glimpse of next gen.

Next year, the Initiative will have its teaser to end the conference. Just saying it feels right. By the way, its not like PG just opened their new studio this year, they have been in pre-production for a while now.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ning-second-studio-working-on-open-world-game ( In Feb 2017)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I think the opposite. MS basically has E3 to themselves, so its a perfect time to come out guns blazing, drop the mic several times and get people talking.
Getting people talking during the quiet before the storm of next year's next gen blitz shouldn't be that hard or imppressive to do when they have E3 to themselves.. MS needs to come guns blazing around the time and directly in the face when Sony comes out guns blaaing.

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
i think they are going to do an engine showcase for fable. That way people will know that a fable is coming while also saying that its going to be a bit.

I could see them doing a behind the scenes/early look at Fable, bit like EA did with Star Wars a few years ago:

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Maybe everyone can just stop dropping mics? Someone's got to mute that thing on its way down you know, unless it's dynamic and has a fall sensor or something. Even then, that's expansive equipment, maybe treat it like it is yah animals? Shouldn't we all just be using lavs anyway? What are we, high school beauty pageant contestants, passing the mic back and forth to tell everyone what we consider the worst evil in the world and why summer makes us jump for joy?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

2 Things stood out to me:

1. They really want to bring their own personality to Gears and the trailer already shows Glimpses.

2. They are really looking at games like RDR2 as inspiration especially graphically which can only be good.

yeah agree,

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I am planning before Gears 5 comes out to play all Gears again and before Halo Infinite comes out all Halo's including Reach. Loved thats possible to do on one console.

Count me in if you're looking for anyone to co-op with.

Gears 5 seemingly will run at 60fps/4K though. Dunno if they can hit that in the campaign, too. That's a huge advantage over the games you just called - while at the same time looking almost equal.

It'll be interesting how they pull it all off. Gears 4 was really impressive but I don't the early levels really showcased the game well, so it's sometimes overlooked when talking about graphically impressive games. Gears 5 looks more interesting from an artistic direction.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
But with retard especially its usage online is everywhere, so someone might pick that up unknowingly
Yeah, i agree completely too, english is not my first language and sometimes is hard to tell a joke or make an... ¿insult? (or speak with strong language if the situation requires it) while picking the right words. Retard is a prime example, sometimes while i play online with a friend (a close and real life friend) and the enemy team is whipping our asses i want to communicate to my friend that he is dumb like Patrick Star (First seasons Patrick) but it ends up sounding like i'm making fun of people with intellectual disabilities, so yeah, that word sucks .

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I have never needed a list to avoid saying shitty things, if they know the word well enough to put it into a sentence then it's on them.
It doesn't work like that, its hard to understand your own language, thats why we learn "Español" (or insert your primary language) until High School, now imagine learning a whole new language, and some words have double meaning or sound similar to words we already use.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Yeah, i agree completely too, english is not my first language and sometimes is hard to tell a joke or make an... ¿insult? (or speak with strong language if the situation requires it) while picking the right words. Retard is a prime example, sometimes while i play online with a friend (a close and real life friend) and the enemy team is whipping our asses i want to communicate to my friend that he is dumb like Patrick Star (First seasons Patrick) but it ends up sounding like i'm making fun of people with intellectual disabilities, so yeah, that word sucks .
context with that stuff is the key.

saying retard with some close friend(s) when everyone knows what you mean by it is very different to saying retard to some random people waiting for a bus or whatever.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Nothing is simple. This whole forum is a hair trigger on banning people over hurt feelings, nevermind cultural and regional differences that might play a part of it, it's a 0 to 60 panic attack if someone steps on the eggshells the mods have laid about.

But hey, what the fuck do I know? I'm literally Hitler or something because I call both men and women "boys" due to being an Atlantic Canadian with an Irish-mutant pirate accent.
This reminds me of Wojaks (Banned in this forum) US people see them like icons made by Trump supporters, Alt-Right and racist people, but in Latin America they were embraced as... mere memes, no racism or nazism intended, they just communicate ideas or feels (you know, an emoji is too small to be used as meme)
I've seen fellow compatriots using this image with pride, hell, i've used it too, because it doesn't hurt me and its funny, thats how different a culture can be.
1500316951443.png

Nov 23, 2018
Gears has always been graphically remarkable and I fully expect Gears 5 to be an aesthetic showcase. Combine looks with the world's premier 3rd-person shooter gameplay and high-quality storytelling - Gears 5 has Game of the Year written all over.

There is no reason why Xbox Game Studios should not deliver GotY-quality games each year. Shit, I fully expect 2-3 GotY-level games each year once the studios start pumping out content.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
This reminds me of Wojaks (Banned in this forum) US people see them like icons made by Trump supporters, Alt-Right and racist people, but in Latin America they were embraced as... mere memes, no racism or nazism intended, they just communicate ideas or feels (you know, an emoji is too small to be used as meme)
I've seen fellow compatriots using this image with pride, hell, i've used it too, because it doesn't hurt me and its funny, thats how different a culture can be.
1500316951443.png

What message is the "wojak" trying to convey? Or "ideas and feels" in your words. Why would it matter if it hurt you? The whole point of being culturally sensitive is not hurting other people. Hurt yourself all you want.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Define GOTY-Quality, because Forza Horizon 4 was clearly GOTY-quality and they gave the spot to Spiderman and AC Odyssey, a fucking joke.
Thats just the reality of racing games, they always get snubbed due to the popularity of the genre. It's a shame though.

It doesn't work like that, its hard to understand your own language, thats why we learn "Español" (or insert your primary language) until High School, now imagine learning a whole new language, and some words have double meaning or sound similar to words we already use.
Sure, but that usually comes through in their speech or writing and thats fine. It's still on the person using the word to be aware of its meaning if they are going to use it, the likes of SJW, cuck, retard etc are not easily misspoken or commonly used enough for that doubt to be there. It becomes a problem if it's used again/repeatedly, then there is no excuse. In this case it's incredibly hard to believe they simply misspoke, I wouldn't highlight it if I thought that was a possibility. But as Judge said on the previous page, we should avoid discussing the ban.

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Sure, but that usually comes through in their speech or writing and thats fine. It's still on the person using the word to be aware of its meaning if they are going to use it, the likes of SJW, cuck, retard etc are not easily misspoken or commonly used enough for that doubt to be there. It becomes a problem if it's used again/repeatedly, then there is no excuse. In this case it's incredibly hard to believe they simply misspoke, I wouldn't highlight it if I thought that was a possibility. But as Judge said on the previous page, we should avoid discussing the ban.
I agree completely.

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
MS cannot blow this opportunity having the show seemingly all to themselves. Having a lame or super safe E3... Will give Sony all the momentum they need heading into their Sony solo-event... Not to mention MS getting burned by criticism for many months by essentially losing a show where they only had the hand at the table. Last time that happened was the Xbox One reveal... I don't think they want to repeat that. I expect at least one huge surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.