Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu says Xbox is going to talk about Game Pass, Minecraft and some 1st Party and 3rd Party games that are announced. It's for the Japanese audience.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I wish MS revived Amped for the Series X launch as a AA game next to Halo (by retrieving the IP from 2K as they sold it or putting a new name on it)
Especially when the snow in Forza Horizon 4 looks so damn gorgeous.
It could have been a refreshing game with great musics and a great visual showcase for the console (something that is obviously lacking at the moment)

This type of game somehow disapparead (sadly) and it's perfect for GamePass.

mxgbRCk_Lcj4dEfNesApsIdncMZlF6ZFywhfnOAoJek.jpg

Without Halo Infinite delay, having both Halo and Amped would have been an even greater throwback to OG Xbox launch (and the Xbox 360 got Amped 3 at launch too).

The death of Amped is really sad.
I loved loved loved amped 1 and 2. Absolutely amazing games for their time. Would love to see it return (or a spiritual successor)

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Famitsu says Xbox is going to talk about Game Pass, Minecraft and some 1st Party and 3rd Party games that are announced. It's for the Japanese audience.

That is likely the primary focus, but surely if there was some type of surprise they wouldn't tip their hand ahead of time either. I wouldn't expect more than one such thing if it would happen though.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020

Raytracing looking fantastic on Minecraft
Now imagine it on Halo Infinite...

Minecraft is a game that should have been ready for a next-gen update on the Series X. Yet nothing has been said about it since the path tracing demo way back at the beginning of the year. I believe that would be a system seller. It's not exclusive to Xbox but MS can advertise it with the Series X and even have exclusive content for Xbox if they wanted to. Yet another opportunity to capitalize with their own IP, gone to waste.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Minecraft is a game that should have been ready for a next-gen update on the Series X. Yet nothing has been said about it since the path tracing demo way back at the beginning of the year. I believe that would be a system seller. It's not exclusive to Xbox but MS can advertise it with the Series X and even have exclusive content for Xbox if they wanted to. Yet another opportunity to capitalize with their own IP, gone to waste.
Never expect anything out of Mojang. They are easily the worst Xbox studio.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
100% agree. Ray Traced Minecraft should've been on Series X day 1.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
I wish MS revived Amped for the Series X launch as a AA game next to Halo (by retrieving the IP from 2K as they sold it or putting a new name on it)
It could have been a refreshing game with great musics and a great visual showcase for the console (something that is obviously lacking at the moment)

Without Halo Infinite delay, having both Halo and Amped would have been an even greater throwback to OG Xbox launch (and the Xbox 360 got Amped 3 at launch too).

There is also Transworld Snowboarding which was the first ever game developed by Housemarque for console. It was published by Infogrames/Atari SA so no idea who owns the IP (?)

transworld-snowboarding-default-min.jpeg

Monkhaus

Banned
Apr 18, 2019

Yeah it is, it was one of my most played games on the og xbox next to pgr and halo. I wrote phil 3 years ago that we need a successor, but he hadnt listended:)

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if this has been posted but this is quite an idiotic take.

Plus the cost of a CPU, NVMe SSD, motherboard, soundcard, controller, OS, case & the rest. The next-gen consoles will be sold at a LOSS (which is crazy when you think about it), whilst these PC components are all sold at a healthy profit. Next-gen gaming will ultimately still offer considerably better value proposition hardware wise.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if this has been posted but this is quite an idiotic take.

This makes no sense to me.

If someone already has a decent enough build and just needs to swap GPU then they most likely wouldn't be interested in a XSX in the first place.

And if they need to build a PC with that RTX in mind then they will spend way more than that.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Oh I think it'll be more than three pounds. At least ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.
Lmao, would be pretty sweet for 3 quid though ;)

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Nvidia is dead, why should i buy a 3070 if there is no exclusive games and they all run on my 2070s? /s

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Which was wise, because green LEDs illuminating the top of that thing would be extremely obnoxious - particularly in a darkened room.
100% agreed. The light on the X1 symbol can be bright and especially the PS4 lightbar, even on dim, in a dark room it's very distracting, so it's a very good call imo.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
What are the raytracing techniques the Series X is capable of applying then?

RT can be used for lots of things. - audio, physics, global illumination, reflections, etc.

You're not getting full path-tracing in Halo, but I think people have their hopes on RT global illumination (though that will likely only be possible if they don't run at native 4K resolution).

Deleted member 29157

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Never expect anything out of Mojang. They are easily the worst Xbox studio.
Ouch. I don't know. I found Dungeons pretty enjoyable. Especially with friends

youtu.be

Mojang Studios: New Name, Logo, and Trailer!

In celebration of Minecraft’s 11th birthday, we’re unveiling a refreshed name, a new logo and this very trailer! Meet the mysterious little gizmos known as t...

This got me excited too. Sounds like they're working on some interesting stuff.

Nvidia is dead, why should i buy a 3070 if there is no exclusive games and they all run on my 2070s? /s
Big ole lol

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Ouch. I don't know. I found Dungeons pretty enjoyable. Especially with friends

youtu.be

Mojang Studios: New Name, Logo, and Trailer!

In celebration of Minecraft’s 11th birthday, we’re unveiling a refreshed name, a new logo and this very trailer! Meet the mysterious little gizmos known as t...

This got me excited too. Sounds like they're working

Its harsh but after the Hololens Minecraft and the Super Duper Graphics packs turning into nothing it's hard to get excited about anything they announce.

I personally found Dungeons to be pretty meh as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.