• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So
xbox showcase.
Starfield Direct
Dev deepdive
Forza Motorsport livestream

Some fun days

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox has a really great opportunity to grab considerable mindshare with this. I hope they do! Ride the goodwill to Starfield.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
What's going on with this bump then?

Forza is confirmed out of the main show and having a live stream? Or is it probably that they are getting a full length demo in the show with a live stream later in the week?

EDIT: Just saw the other thread. I'm assuming we still get a full-on demo in the show. But, I'm glad to hear they are breaking down the campaign in a stream later in the week! Very welcome news.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Expectations are sky high and I aint tempering them!!!

2 hours is a lot of time for bangers. Hopefully S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 gets a spot.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
that's ummmm a lot of time ngl, I hope there is a lot of good shit to show and not filler stuff like updates for every live service game in existence.

Also that huge of a runtime and not showing Fable is well.....gonna be really fucking disappointing

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I'm hopeful for a smaller scope for the upcoming showcase : fewer games, but longer trailers and gameplay segments for most.

• Fable
  • Fable: The Hero Collection
  • Seventh Chamber (Project Wu Tang)
  • The Wandering Tower (Project Belfry)
  • ARA: History Untold
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • HiFi Rush: DLC Announcement
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Sea of Thieves Season 10
  • Madden NFL 24
  • Halo Infinite: Season 4
  • Contraband
  • Fallout 76
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Neon White
  • REPLACED
  • Routine
  • SpyTeam
  • Persona 3: Remake
  • Avowed
  • Swamp Song (madeup name for Project Midnight :P )
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Banjo Redooie
  • Hellblade II: Senuas Saga

This would be pretty dang close to the dream for me, without diving to deeply into like obvious out there predictions - like Dead Rising Remake or Fallout: New Vegas 2)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Keeping the expectations in check.

All I want is another Hellblade 2 slice and I'll be happy. I'm assuming it'll be a Winter 2024 game so any improvement on that will be welcome.

Gears 6 horror teaser feels too soon considering The Coalition only just had their other project cancelled and the whole studio pushed back onto Gears. Will be happy with a tone and logo reveal.

That's it. That's all I'm hoping for.

Feb 19, 2023

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
A few things that I haven't seen mentioned that I'm interested in seeing is Cocoon and maybe an As Dusk Falls Season 2 announce. I have no idea if that is in dev and I wasn't enamored with As Dusk Falls, but I think there should be a place on a service like Game Pass for all sorts of games and I want Xbox to personally publish some of the more unique stuff.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
So far Greenie has said:
  • No full CGI trailers. Only in-game, in-engine and in-engine with cinematics.
  • Fuck tempering your expectations
  • No movie trailer at showcase (lol)
  • No "next 12-month" format

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
I think he was specifically talking about Starfield but at the same time it's not like I ever temper my expectations for the shows. I can handle disappointment accordingly. 40 years of practice. lol

NOW we're cooking.

Last year's show was the weakest in a long time because of that silly stuff.
No CGI from XGS, all but guaranteed updates on previously announced Xbox games like Avowed, no 12 month limit, 2 hour run time, 30 mins of Todd and his leather jacket. We got one hell of a stew cooking.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck me up, Microsoft. I'm ready to finally be given an outlook of new hotness coming out to get excited for.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
All I want is for them to start paying off the promises that have been outstanding since as far back as 2019. That doesn't mean every game has to suddenly show up, but they need to project confidence and competence in these projects that people have been waiting to see more of for years.

I'm also hoping for longer looks at fewer first-party titles, instead of the usual blast furnace of wall-to-wall trailers for games that come and go so fast that they don't leave much of an impression in the moment. ~90 minutes of showcase (leaving out Starfield's thing) concerns me a little about how they plan to fill that time based on past experience, but to try and be optimistic could also just mean they have a lot of internal stuff to show.

Fable or PD would be nice, even if they're just trailers with in-game footage along with some words from the studio on how things are going and maybe a projected release year of "2024" or something at the end. HB2 I expect to be there. Avowed seems like it should finally be there, considering it sounded like it was supposed to be present LAST year. Maybe a couple of unexpected new things that have been in quiet development...? There's a lot of known and unknown projects out there tied to Microsoft, so hard to say what precisely could show up.

Motorsport sounds like it's getting it's own thing on the 13th, so perhaps we'll only see a trailer here. If we do, all I ask is that it's actual informative gameplay and not more random cuts of UI-less external car shots doing car things for ~2 minutes, followed by Chris Esaki or whoever saying random promo jibberish about physics fidelity based on PR math. I need meat and potatoes.

They have an opportunity to reset the conversation around their brand a little bit after the Redfall debacle with a good showing here. Time to show they've learned from all of the criticism.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
My favorite conspiracy theory (that I made) is that the rumors of PlayStation's showcase being absolutely massive and "phase two of the PS5" lit a fire under Xbox's ass to make sure they had a lot to show especially after limiting last year's show and not showing up to TGA.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
lol I really hope it doesn't come to a point like the Sony Showcase where people have these huge ass expectations only for them to be never met