• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
xbox-fanfest-1280x720.jpg

www.videogameschronicle.com

Xbox is sending 20th anniversary gift packages to random fans | VGC

Halo Elite controllers and engraved crystals have been arriving at players’ homes…
Xbox has been sending gift boxes to random players to celebrate its 20th anniversary. The boxes appear to be sent to random Xbox players who have previously registered for Xbox Fanfest. They contain a Halo themed Xbox Series X/S controller, 12 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a large crystal statue. The statue contains the Xbox 20th anniversary logo and has the player's Xbox Gamertag laser engraved on it.

Anyone get one?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Dang, I've registered for all fanfests and have been a part of the ecosystem since Day one. Would love to get one of these.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This would be an amazing surprise.

SIgned up for all the Xbox Fanfest stuff and been with Xbox since 2003 so I think I'd qualify for something like this but I never seem to win any sort of random prizes.

I remember they did something similar at the 10 year anniversary with limited edition XBox 360's

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see the gamer tag "Teabagurmom" engraved in crystal

Dado2

Mar 30, 2021
That's kinda cool.
Like when Sony sent out PS5's to celebs but this time for mere mortals.

x81wjscxhwy51.jpg

Or when The Rock and a bunch of others (Ryan Reynolds?) got signature edition series x'. When DJ Khalid got his series s he thought it was a speaker. It's a fact of life that influencers get things in order to influence people.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Would be nice to get one, but at least I have a three letter gamertag grandfathered in. Still wish I got something else for being there from the beginning :D

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought every Xbox on day 1, but there's no way they're sending me one of these. I haven't paid for Gold most years, only a few times here and there.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Want want want. I've been there since the OG XBOX, but never actually signed up for XBL in the time I had it, so I'm guessing I'm probably not one of the lucky few.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm gonna win one of these sweepstakes they run through their rewards system some day.

Oct 28, 2017
I got a giant personalized box for e3 this year from Microsoft and I'm no influencer by any stretch. I don't engage with anything outside this forum. I thinks it's just brand engagement and loyalty to the Xbox ecosystem mainly. I'm sure registering for fan fest helps.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I've been with both PlayStation and Xbox since the very first day and never gotten anything from any of them. I still remember friends asking "what the hell is a PlayStation?". At least Nintendo sent me that promotional "Change the system" N64 VHS tape. I watched it like a hundred times back. It was a very exciting time for gaming.

Nevertheless, seems like a really nice gift from Microsoft.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Nice of Microsoft to send these out. To random people too? Not just people doing videos on YouTube etc?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Best I got was a free Xbox One when they sent out those random emails - kept the email too cause it was wild to happen

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
Just read about this. Very jealous I got a 16 year badge on my Xbox profile a few years off of being day 1.