MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Two more Kairosoft games

Buy The Manga Works | Xbox

Make history with manga! Turn your work into anime, drama, and even movies!

Buy Pool Slide Story | Xbox

Make a fantastic, dazzling water park!

Manga works too!?

Man we really need a bundle to purchase them all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnTZl8bZ44

It's still coming to Xbox in the West (Aug 29th) but this is a Sega Asia trailer and they're only distributing PS4/PS5/Switch versions.

Played this at TGS. Can't wait!

Reposting games that are out right now:

View: https://twitter.com/KEMCOGLOBAL/status/1783748748516155473?t=3vXP5hvHTGPOOZyMCC3Ujw&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/status/1783571691601289335?t=gsMhaydcqiLcztilKbyTBQ&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1783934098488111465?t=EDBEv879v2iF0NjA0x3I8Q&s=19

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So The Witch of the Ihanashi (Tales from Toyotoki: Arrival of the Witch) seems to be getting an English release on PC in Autumn.
This is a VN that also has an Xbox release, so maybe it might still be coming to the platform but after the release of the Switch/PS5 Versions?

store.steampowered.com

The witch of the Ihanashi on Steam

This game does not support English, the following is Japanese description.沖縄の離島へ引っ越した少年は、世話になるはずだった祖父が蒸発したことを知らされる。離島での自活を覚悟したとき、魔女を名乗る少女と出会った。異界の魔法を扱う少女と琉球文化の根付く離島での生活。二人を待ち受ける運命とは────。

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Front Mission...only reason why i haven't bought those remakes is that they seem to follow the SNES ones too closely only with a worse art style in my opinion and apparently have awful translations.

Also, if we were to get some turn based mecha games, i would rather get SRW instead...still some decent stuff, got Little Noah btw.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So The Witch of the Ihanashi (Tales from Toyotoki: Arrival of the Witch) seems to be getting an English release on PC in Autumn.
This is a VN that also has an Xbox release, so maybe it might still be coming to the platform but after the release of the Switch/PS5 Versions?

store.steampowered.com

The witch of the Ihanashi on Steam

This game does not support English, the following is Japanese description.沖縄の離島へ引っ越した少年は、世話になるはずだった祖父が蒸発したことを知らされる。離島での自活を覚悟したとき、魔女を名乗る少女と出会った。異界の魔法を扱う少女と琉球文化の根付く離島での生活。二人を待ち受ける運命とは────。
Aksys rep said no plans for additional platform. I would say English Xbox version is dead, just like the PS4 version.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I would not count on Aksys to release anything on Xbox from Japan if they are not getting a bag of money from Microsoft via gamepass.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm pleasantly surprised by Raincode coming to Xbox, I wasn't expecting Spike Chunsoft to continue supporting Xbox moving forward…

This gives me more hope for AI3

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it makes the thread meaningless...but it's ultra shitty that their only 1P studio in the region is now gone.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
xbox has no idea what it's lost, shutting down it's only Japanese studio. It just further damages possible Japanese third party support when it's already quite bleak

OP
OP
W.S.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
So the thread was mainly made with 3rd party support in mind so I was happy to see the Rain Code announcement.

But after hearing about Microsoft closing down it's only Japanese studio, not only is it short sighted, but this also significantly sets back any progress made with either growing or acquiring internal JP studios and could even trickle down to affect other JP company relations.

The only silver lining is that perhaps Shinji Mikami's new studio will be hiring a bunch of these now ex-Tango folks and maybe some will go to UNSEEN, Capcom, or other JP companies that will use their skills.

Anyway, really sad say for the industry to lose all those Bethesda studios but Tango is the one that really stung.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I just don't really see much of a point in being an Xbox owner here anymore.

I'm going to give it a few weeks but I think I'm just going to take my Series X to Geo or Book Off and be done with it.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
So the thread was mainly made with 3rd party support in mind so I was happy to see the Rain Code announcement.

But after hearing about Microsoft closing down it's only Japanese studio, not only is it short sighted, but this also significantly sets back any progress made with either growing or acquiring internal JP studios and could even trickle down to affect other JP company relations.

The only silver lining is that perhaps Shinji Mikami's new studio will be hiring a bunch of these now ex-Tango folks and maybe some will go to UNSEEN, Capcom, or other JP companies that will use their skills.

Anyway, really sad say for the industry to lose all those Bethesda studios but Tango is the one that really stung.

Didn't want to talk down all your efforts, they were much appreciated. But today it just feels so pointless because we all know what cancelling Scalebound did to the relationship and reputation among many Japanese studios and publishers. This will have a much bigger negative pushback IMO. Let's say all these recent efforts, promises and quotes feel meaningless today, probably a better way to put it.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Rainbow Cotton is out today with lots of QOL improvements over the Dreamcast original. Check it out if you're still buying games on Xbox.

Rainbow Cotton を購入 | Xbox

Relive the witchy classic, for Rainbow Cotton has returned.

Booty - Out
Spencer - Out
Bond - Out
Greenberg - Out

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Rainbow Cotton is out today with lots of QOL improvements over the Dreamcast original. Check it out if you're still buying games on Xbox.

Booty - Out
Spencer - Out
Bond - Out
Greenberg - Out
thanks for the heads up, been wanting to try this series and was undecided on reboot/fantasy and also saw this one awhile back with it being 3D

Doesn't help I have been nostalgic for the dreamcast, so def getting this one

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the heads up, been wanting to try this series and was undecided on reboot/fantasy and also saw this one awhile back with it being 3D

Doesn't help I have been nostalgic for the dreamcast, so def getting this one
Not sure if you bought it but I think it's the weakest and most expensive Cotton games on Xbox. Panorama Cotton is a better game from the same behind-cotton perspective and half the price to boot. Cotton 100% is a classic side-scrolling shmup and also $10. Not super remarkable games but both of those are a fun time that I'd recommend. Both of those the short side though and the easier difficulty might lead to you not getting many hours of play time out of them though.

I found Rainbow Cotton a bit of a frustrating experience even with the modern tweaks. Your character is too big so it's hard to see and avoid enemies and lives (continues) are limited. Dying one life sends you back to the start of the stage too. Wish they would have at least given you infinite lives.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if you bought it but I think it's the weakest and most expensive Cotton games on Xbox. Panorama Cotton is a better game from the same behind-cotton perspective and half the price to boot. Cotton 100% is a classic side-scrolling shmup and also $10. Not super remarkable games but both of those are a fun time that I'd recommend. Both of those the short side though and the easier difficulty might lead to you not getting many hours of play time out of them though.

I found Rainbow Cotton a bit of a frustrating experience even with the modern tweaks. Your character is too big so it's hard to see and avoid enemies and lives (continues) are limited. Dying one life sends you back to the start of the stage too. Wish they would have at least given you infinite lives.
haven't yet! I have the games on dekudeals for my switch, so I am waiting on a good sale, since some of these games are quite pricey. Thanks for the input! I will def keep that in mind :) I just want to play these in quick bites

OP
OP
W.S.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't really see much of a point in being an Xbox owner here anymore.

I'm going to give it a few weeks but I think I'm just going to take my Series X to Geo or Book Off and be done with it.

Well Xbox is still getting JP support so I'm not going to sell it as I have a vast library of games on it that includes a bunch of JP games I haven't even gotten to yet, but I understand your frustration and everyone's situation is different.

Didn't want to talk down all your efforts, they were much appreciated. But today it just feels so pointless because we all know what cancelling Scalebound did to the relationship and reputation among many Japanese studios and publishers. This will have a much bigger negative pushback IMO. Let's say all these recent efforts, promises and quotes feel meaningless today, probably a better way to put it.

It's all good.

I'm with everyone here regarding recent developments, its a real bummer. Tango's closure will certainly have a negative affect on Xbox in Japan but to what extent regarding publishers is unknown. I would think that it would be business as usual but with hardware having growth issues that's more of a concern for me regarding JP support.

Booty - Out
Spencer - Out
Bond - Out
Greenberg - Out

Sarah is cool, she likes JP games and showed initiative for them. Phil made some decent headway but it never felt like he was all in on Japanese content, just some of the popular stuff without trying to make more deals with smaller JP publishers and devs. Sony and Nintendo value the Japanese market a lot more if we're taking into account 3rd party deals and marketing.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox_JP/status/1788513755799703856?t=Vvb74FhCNnrX8ih0yjXbZA&s=19

Buy Gift (Xbox Series X|S Edition) | Xbox

An old man wakes up and finds himself on a luxury cruise ship. He encounters passengers that he feels nostalgic about for various reasons as he attempts to escape from the sinking ship.

Didn't find much coverage for this game. Only this so far:

View: https://twitter.com/neonnoroshi/status/1787979364560429335?t=er-GJSJfl-qRqn2w5y0V0g&s=19

Hope to see more reviews.

View: https://twitter.com/ININ_Games/status/1788593057194971281?t=51j6NVzrf-qtjKbjPrLbmA&s=19

Buy Rainbow Cotton | Xbox

This too needs more love.

So many games all dropped today.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So Master Detective Archives is digital only on Xbox. I don't think LRG will bother with it.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
So Master Detective Archives is digital only on Xbox. I don't think LRG will bother with it.

I got the original AI: The Somnium Files limited edition for PC from LRG. It was identical to the PS one just with a digital code for steam instead. They could do the same thing here, but yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/axe515/status/1788170771518599435?t=fTl3gQYylQot4jn4g1Oc3g&s=19

lG9r61M.png

Buy UFO ROBOT GRENDIZER – The Feast of the Wolves | Xbox

For the first time in the video game history, climb aboard Grendizer the Legendary Robot and fight the forces of evil to defend our planet Earth!

UFO Robot Grendizer Japanese dub update is finally up btw.